"Oppa.."

Lovely Days With You

                I open my eyes. I’m still in bed. I rub my eyes, looking around, trying to get to know where I am.

“I’m home. This is my room..” I mumble then sit down, fixing my hair. “Ah.. my head hurts!”

                I can hear someone is cooking at the kitchen. Wait, more like two people. They are talking to each other. Hyuna is one of them. I look at the alarm clock on my table. 11.38 a.m. I apparently just had a nap, probably because I was too tired. The slightly opened door makes me can hear anything what they are talking about in the kitchen. Right, they were talking about oyster soup but now, they now are talking about me.

“Eonnie.. Eonnie.. Does Kevin oppa treat you well?”

                Oh, Michelle. Who would call Hyuna ‘eonnie’ if it’s not my little sister? She’s back! I almost forgot what her voice sounds like, the last time I met her was about eight months ago. Wait, I thought she would come home in the evening, she said that before. She probably missed the class because she is too excited to meet me and Hyuna. My head says those things.

“Mhhh.. he treats me very well. He’s a real gentleman..” Hyuna answers.

                I smile, I cannot hide my happiness.

“He’s bad at me. Always throwing stuff and laughing at me. Violent! Ha…”

“Of course he loves you, you’re her sister..” Hyuna said.

“Eonnie loves Kevin oppa so much, eh?”

                Silly girl! Why she asks such a weird question, I said to myself, still hiding in my room listening to their conversation.

“Will you be mad if I say I don’t love him at all?”

“Ummm, that…”

                Michelle sounds she hesitates to say something. Then I hear Hyuna laughs.

“Why do you even ask? You already know the answer.. He always makes me feel happy and safe, up to the point that I want to call him ‘oppa’ kind of feeling, you know?”

“Then call him ‘oppa’! I call him ‘oppa’ too..” Michelle answers and she sounds like she’s mixing something, probably about to fry an egg.

“I can’t, I’m a year older.. calling him ‘oppa’ sounds awkward. So, no..”

“Eyyyyyy, that’s alright.. In the past, Sunhee eonnie called him ‘oppa’ too, she’s even two years olde…r”

                Michelle stops talking, she then apologizes for what she just said.  To settle the situation, I come out from the bedroom and walk to the kitchen while yawning, pretending that I just woke up and did not overhear their conversation.

“What are you guys doing??” I walk towards Hyuna.

“We’re writing letters, writing letters!!” Michelle shows her sarcasm while mixing the soup.

“Hey love..” I give Hyuna a back hug. “Miss me..?” I tighten the hug and kiss her jaw.

                Hyuna smiles, she is busily cutting the vegetables and I busily kissing her neck and left shoulder while slowly massaging her waist.

“Awhhhhyuuuuu.. could you please move..? So disturbing!” Michelle slaps my back.

“Wow, my sister is jealous. You want to get a kiss from me, too? Come here…”

                I give Michelle a ‘come here’ hand gesture while my right is hand still on Hyuna’s waist. I cannot let go of this woman easily.

“No, thanks! I already have a boyfriend who always gives me kisses!” Michelle said and shut after that.

“You have a boyfriend?!!” Hyuna and I ask in unison.

                Michelle laughs awkwardly while mixing the soup.