"Can I Call You 'eonni'??"

Lovely Days With You

          After clearing up the misunderstanding between us, we finally get to spend our holidays in a normal way, I mean with all the laughs and stuff. And finally, this is the day when we will visit my family who live at the other side of Sydney. I woke up about 15 minutes ago. It’s still 7.25 in the morning. When I opened my eyes, Hyuna’s sleeping face was the first thing that greeted me. That is why I’m smiling like an idiot right now. I cannot even think straight. It is either I’m too happy or it’s because she uses my arm as her pillow right now so I cannot go anywhere and looking at her face is the only thing I can do. I caress her jaw, smiling to myself. I kiss her lips. I know she is still in her dreamland because she doesn’t return my kiss. I keep kissing her up to the point where I can feel she smiles and then returns my kiss.

“Do I wake you up?” I said among the kisses.

“No, It’s okay..” Hyuna smiles while kissing me.

“Are you ready to meet my family??” Hyuna nods, a sign that she is saying “yes”.

          She rubs her eyes then sits facing the window, leaves me watching her back.

“Have you talked about me to your family? I’m scared..”

“You even brought me to your house without warning before. Did you know how much I was worried back then?”

"So, is this a, what? Revenge? Isssshhhhh!!” Hyuna throws a pillow to me.

          She then walks towards the bathroom. Right, I told her to be ready at 8 since my parents will go to work at 9 and Michelle will go to her college at 9.30. We need to be in my house before 9 then. I diligently make up the bed before Hyuna drags me along to the bathroom.

“I’ll help you wash your back..” she said while smiling.

          Of course I cannot refuse, can I? After getting ready, we finally hit the road to visit my family. Hyuna knows that I’m nervous, so she makes the first move to hold my hand while I’m driving. She caresses the back of my hand with her thumb softly, soft enough to take away my nervousness. I should be the one who comforts her now, she probably is more nervous than I am. At that point, I realize that I’m still not good enough for her. I promise to myself that I’ll protect her from anything, because I need to, because I love her.

In front of my house…

          Hyuna and I are standing like ice blocks in front of the gate of my house. It takes more than five minutes to collect the braveness inside of me and push the button to make the bell rings. Michelle comes with a huge smile, she then helps Hyuna brings her luggage after he gives me a hug. In the house, my parents greet us happily. They are rush to go since they are going to be late to their office. My dad has an important meeting with a client today and my mother cannot come late since she is the headmaster of an international school.

          Hyuna and Michelle then sit in the living room. I can see them from the kitchen. I pour the water from the jug into the glass and take a look at them from a far, seems like they have a nice conversation. They look awkward though, but still, they exchange some jokes.

“Stop smiling like an idiot, you look ugly… ” I said to Michelle while giving Hyuna a glass of orange juice.

          Michelle frowns at me, Hyuna hits me with her elbow.

“Here.. for my beautiful sister..” I give Michelle a glass of orange juice too.

“Can I call you ‘eonnie’?” Michelle asked after she takes a sip of that orange juice.

“Sure.. why not?” Hyuna says with a smile, making me feel lost in this world.

          I love you, darling. My heart says that while I’m looking at her face from the right side.

“Eonnie, eonnie.. You’ll stay here for days, right? I can share my room with you..” said Michelle with a very cheerful expression.

“Ah.. You don’t mind? That’s cool..” Hyuna smiles at my sister.

“Yah.. this eonnie will stay in my room. She is mine..” I said.

“What are you saying?” Hyuna hits me with her elbow, again.

“I’ll stay in your room, Michelle-ah..” Hyuna settles the situation.

“Ahhh…I’m late!!” Michelle looks at the clock. “I have to go now, see you guys in the evening!” Michelle said that while waving her hands at us then she runs outside.

          I take the luggage and all the bags I brought earlier into my room. I’ve missed this place.

“My lovely bed!!!!!” I exclaim as throw myself on the bed then hug the pillows.

          Hyuna looks around, she smiles after seeing my childhood picture on the table. I was holding a trophy in that picture.

“Hahaha.. this is jackpot! Little Kevin is holding the trophy! What competition was this?” she asked, holding the framed picture.

“Local singing festival. I won..” I still cannot move from my lovely bed. “It was in … wait, 2001?” “You were cute…” I can hear Hyuna giggling.

          The next thing I know, I go to my dreamland.