Let's Go to Busan!

Lovely Days With You

In the morning…

                The bell is ringing, that sound wakes me up. I open my eyes, I’m questioning why I’m wearing a blanket. I remember that I fell asleep on this sofa but didn’t about getting the blanket. Hyuna must be the one who put this for me. I sit then fix my hair. The bell is still ringing. Hyuna’s room’s door is closed. I don’t want to wake her up. So I decide to open the door and greet this person who comes at this time, 7.30 in the morning.

“Oh Kevin!!”

                That voice makes me wake up 100%! Hyuna’s grandma. WOW!

“Oh, hi. Good morning.. Please come in…” I say, awkwardly.

                I let Hyuna’s grandma and mother in. I hurriedly fold the blanket I used then excuse myself to wash my face and brush my teeth. I see Hyuna’s mother is busy placing many bags with vegetables and fruit in them on the table at the kitchen.

“You slept here?” Hyuna’s grandma asked me while pointing at the sofa.

“Ah, yes.. We finished recording for a new song last night. I drove Hyuna home and I ended up sleeping here. But nothing’s happened. We didn’t do anything..” I hate this kind of situation.

“Why are you so worried..?” Hyuna’s mother said. “You both are adults, you know what you’re doing..” she added.

“I guess, I have to wake Hyuna up…” I try to avoid the next questions.

                I knock on Hyuna’s room door, then slide it as quiet as I can. Hyuna is still sleeping, with her back facing me. She looks like very sad. I rock her body slowly, trying to wake her up even though she must be very tired.

“Hyuna-yah.. your mom and grandma are here..”

“Eunnngggg..”

                Her eyes look little bit swollen, I bet she was crying after our conversation last night. I feel wronged. I’m sorry, Hyuna-yah..

“Wake up, they want to see you..” I unconsciously move away some strand of her hair then kiss her cheek.

                Hyuna then sits and rubs her eyes. When she goes to the bathroom, I help her fold the blanket and put the one I used back into the place it was.

“Why are you letting him sleep at the sofa? That’s not nice..” Hyuna’s grandma said.

“Shall I let him sleep in my bed…?”

“Yes!! You’re the one who has to sleep on the sofa, or the floor…”

“Thanks grandma…” Hyuna said.

“Why would you something bad to this nice guy? He is too nice..”

“Ah, Kevin. Do you have free time for the next three days?” Hyuna’s mother changes the topic.

“This weekend? Yes I think so. May I know why?”

“We are going to Busan tomorrow. You both just need to come to our house at 10 a.m. We’re glad if you can come with us..”

“I think Kevin is busy, right?” Hyuna said, all of sudden.

                I look at her, confused of what I was hearing. I definitely have no schedule until next Friday. Why does she have to lie? Ah, she probably is mad. Still, about the last night’s conversation.

“Right, Kevin? Kevin!” Hyuna slaps my left arm.

“That’s too bad. We all want you to come..”

“He will…” Hyuna’s grandma said.

“Um…. I’ll check my schedules first..” I lied.

“We come to inform you this, Hyuna-yah. I’m glad Kevin is already here, cause if he’s not, we will ask you to call him instead..” Hyuna’s mother then stands up and brings the bags of vegetables and fruits back from the kitchen.

“See you tomorrow, young man..” Hyuna’s grand ma waves at me.

                Both of them then excuse themselves. Hyuna and I walk them to the door. After saying goodbyes, Hyuna then goes to the kitchen and pours orange juice into her favorite glass.

“Hyuna-yah, you want me to go home?” I ask.

“Do you think you should go home?”

“What is this? Are you mad at me?”

“Why do you think I’m mad at you?” Hyuna asks then drinks the orange juice. “Well, I’m not..”

I walk toward her then take away the glass from her hand forcefully and throw it away. It breaks into pieces on the floor. I hold her by her arms and force her to look into my eyes.

“Listen to me, I’m done with it. You told me to follow my gut. Now I know which one I should believe..”

“Kevin…” Hyuna holds her tears. “You’re hurting me..” she said with a tear falls from her left eye.