Got In

All You Had To Was Stay [HLLOEL Book 2]

 

Chapter 7: Got In

She’s still holding my hand on our way to my car. I didn’t know my heart would beat as fast as this again. Only Ashin could make me feel this way.

It’s as if she doesn’t have an idea of how I wanted her back that she tends to be this careless on touching me. I don’t want her to touch me recklessly because I might even do such reckless things, too.

She finally let go of my hand and slipped into the passenger seat of my car. Suddenly, I felt so empty. It’s funny how one simple touch can make me feel whole.

I ran to the driver’s side with all my guts trying to calm myself down. I shouldn’t be this vulnerable to Ashin. She’s just as vulnerable as I am.

“You look a little pale.” She commented as soon as I sat on my spot.

I looked at her then at the mirror. “Do I?”

She nodded. “Is something wrong?” She asked.

I fixed my hair and shook my head. “Nothing. Maybe it’s just because I’m starving.” I had to put up an excuse. I can’t just tell her that I am pale because she just held my hand and my heart couldn’t handle the emotions.

I can’t. I can’t tell her that. I have to endure this longing feeling for her. I have to suppress my feelings for wanting her too much.

I’m too glad she didn’t ponder on. I don’t want to press into this topic anymore because it just brings the feelings back and I’d get too frustrated because I couldn’t show it. I couldn’t show how much I love her. It’d be too selfish on my part when she’s still moving on.

I drove off to the Italian Cuisine I was telling her about. I know she loves pasta and pizza. And besides, she deserves a treat after the interview.

Her eyes widened when I pulled over the restaurant.

I looked at her with questioning eyes. “Is something wrong?” I asked as I noticed her facial expression change drastically.

She smiled weakly. “Nothing. Just that Mark and I celebrated our very first month in this restaurant.” She replied with a soft voice.

Damn. Wrong move, Kris Wu. Wrong move.

I looked at her and carefully thought of what I would tell her. I feel so bad that I had to make her come here when she was always telling me that she desires to avoid places that would make her remember him more. Didn’t she resign because of that?

“It’s okay.” She replied even though I wasn’t asking her. “The foods here are good, so, let’s go.” She told me as she unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door.

I watched her out before following her inside the restaurant.

“Table for two please.” Ashin told the male receptionist.

I looked at the receptionist as he eyed Ashin. I know that Ashin is gorgeous but you don’t just look at her like you want her on your bed, .

I glared at him and he looked away. Damn.

He led us to the table for two and he was overly friendly with Ashin. Ashin, on the other hand, is so naïve that she doesn’t even know that the man is hitting on her. Damn it. She doesn’t even know I am hitting on her, too.

The receptionist looked at me and bowed his head slightly while he gave out the menus.

“Kris, this is good.” Ashin pointed at the Bolognese pasta on the menu. “This is their house special.” She told me.

“Are you taking that?”

She nodded and voiced her desire out to the receptionist who was still all smiles. Oh, this. Doesn’t he even know a bro code? I already glared at him, marking my territory on Ashin but he still continues to hit on her?

Does he really want to be hit by my fist right now?

“I’m taking the same.” I told the receptionist. “And a pepperoni pizza.”

Ashin looked at me. “You and Mark are so alike.” She smiled. “He also orders pepperoni pizza.”

I didn’t know if it was a good thing that Mark orders that same thing as I am or if I am just making it worse for her because she tends to remember him in me.

Sometimes, I’m wondering how much Ashin is hurting. She looks so tough on the outside when she’s in public but does she still cry herself to sleep at night? Does she cry every night while calling out his name?

I want to know. But I’m afraid to ask. I’m scared to open a wound that’s almost healed unknowingly because I know that I couldn’t cure it no matter how much I want to.

Ashin smiled at me. “Anyway…” she paused. “…about the interview.” She spoke, changing the topic.

I looked at her and waited for her answer, staring at her mesmerizing beauty as I waited for her beautiful voice.

“I got in.”

I didn’t know how I reacted. In fact, I couldn’t react well.

“I got in.”

She had to repeat it so I could process that she really got in.

I smiled and clapped my hands. “Really?” I asked and she nodded. “Congratulations, Ashin!” I told her and she chuckled. “I knew you’d get in.”

She narrowed her eyes on me. “You knew?” She asked.

I nodded and smiled. “You have the experience needed for the job. I know you’d get in no matter what happens.” I spoke. “So, when do you start?”

“Monday.”

I smiled. “Good. We’d be starting with a new project on Monday.” I told her.

“What project?” She asked.

I drank on the tea they just served us. “You know that new building near our area?” She nodded. “That’s going to be a new building for a real estate company. They asked us to design the interior for them.”

She nodded in understanding. “That’s great. It means more work.” She even clapped her hands excitedly.

For the first time in a long time, I have seen her this excited once again. It’s refreshing to watch and look at. She was too gloomy these past few months that I thought I have forgotten how bright her smile is. Right now, I realized how much I missed her bright expressions.

I missed the old Ashin.

We’ve been talking about what happened to the interview when our order arrived. Still, with the waiter being so overly friendly with Ashin.

Damn, I want to punch his face. Really.

“Here’s your pasta Bolognese, ma’am.” He was smiling while showing his dimples. What the ?  I want to kick him on the area that would haunt him for the rest of his life. Don’t flirt with my Ashin, you !

He gave me my order and then he took a quick glance on Ashin before leaving the table entirely.

I followed him with my eyes and pushed daggers into his back. Damn, if looks could kill, he is a hundred feet below the ground right now.

“Are you okay?” Ashin must have sensed that bad aura surrounding me right now because she asked me if I’m alright.

I am not. And I wanted to tell her that it’s because she’s too beautiful that every man wants her to be his but I can’t. She’s not mine to begin with.

“Yeah, sure.” I replied as I started eating.

She narrowed her eyes on me. “You don’t seem fine.” She commented as she drank on her iced tea. “Are you sure you’re good?”

I nodded. “I’m fine. I’m just hungry.” I lied, although I’m really famished.

She nodded and I was thankful she didn’t ponder on. I don’t know how I would explain to her that I am not fine with all the men lining up to have her. First, Jungkook and now this waiter. Psh.

We ate in peace until I heard a familiar voice.

“Kris!”

I looked up and saw Sooyoung waving at me. I glanced at Ashin and her expression darkened. She just told me that she still doesn’t like Sooyoung. What the hell is Sooyoung even doing here?

I smiled weakly. “Hey. You’re going to eat here?” I asked.

She nodded as she took an extra chair and sat beside me. “Yes, I’m craving for something Italian.” She replied as I noticed her looking sideways at Ashin. Damn.

Ashin is not talking and is quietly eating.

Damn it. Screw this, Kris. You’re done for the day.

“Hi, Ashin. How’s life?”

I don’t know if there was a hidden meaning with Sooyoung’s question or what but Ashin’s expression was the darkest I have ever seen after hearing Sooyoung’s question.

“I’m good until a little while ago.” She replied nonchalantly and continued eating.

Sooyoung smirked. Damn. I want to shoo her away but how? I don’t want to see Ashin pissed. But I know Sooyoung just won’t go away. Tsk.

“Are you alone?” I asked Sooyoung, trying to change the topic.

She nodded. “Yes. I stopped by because I saw your car at the parking lot.” She replied. “Can I order now?” She asked then called the waiter.

I looked at Ashin and she’s looking really pissed. Damn, Kris. You’re doomed. You’re doomed for life.