Most Perfect

All You Had To Was Stay [HLLOEL Book 2]

Chapter 15: Most Perfect

True enough, Ashin couldn’t stop laughing at all of Sooyoung’s stories about my embarrassing moments.

“He ran away from the lizard! Dad is a scaredy cat!” Sooyoung beamed making Ashin laugh at her sentiments.

I watched them bond their own and felt happy that everything’s alright. My heart is relieved now that I am seeing the two most important persons in my life get along well. It’s like a lifetime achievement for me, being this happy, being this contented.

The stories didn’t die down until we finished the dinner. Now that I’m hearing all these stories from my daughter, I did really have a lot of embarrassing moments in front of her. I wonder how she remembers everything so clearly.

Ashin looked at me from the passenger’s seat as we headed to the mall. Sooyoung was still babbling at the back seat.

I smiled at her and she smiled back. I’m happy that I’m seeing her smile more often now. I’m happy that I’ve at least become one of the reasons of her happiness…again.

“Dad, I want to buy a doll house.” Sooyoung beamed. “My old doll house is already rotten.”

I looked at her at the rearview mirror. “Sure, we’ll buy, honey.” I told her sweetly but she rolled her eyes at me.

“Eew, Daddy! Yuck!” She exclaimed and Ashin laughed.

“You’ve raised a very adorable daughter, Kris.” She told while stifling on her laugher.

I looked back at Sooyoung and she stuck her tongue at me. I smiled and shook my head. She’s really unpredictable. One, she doesn’t want to be called a kid, then now, she’s asking me to buy her a doll house. How contradicting!

Ashin turned to Sooyoung. “How big do you want your doll house to be?” She asked.

Sooyoung squealed and started describing the doll house she’s seen the last time she went to the mall. Their topic also flew everywhere before we arrived at the mall.

I got out of the car first to open the doors for my girls.

“Thanks,” Ashin smiled as she hopped out of the car.

Sooyoung just scoffed at me. “You only opened the door because Aunt Ashin is around.” She rolled her eyes at me then ran to the entrance of the mall.

Ashin looked at me and chuckled. “She’s really adorable.” She beamed.

I smiled and held her hand. “Of course! Ain’t I adorable to you?” I asked as I laced my fingers with hers.

She gave me a look then smiled. “Not as adorable as the kid, Kris.” She laughed as we walked to the entrance where Sooyoung’s already at.

Strolling around the mall like this, I feel like we’re a true happy family. Sooyoung looked at us before walking towards us again. She’s pouting as she removed my hand from Ashin and took hers instead.

Ashin looked at me and laughed as she gladly took my daughter’s hand, leaving me alone on the sides. I pouted at them and they just stuck their tongues at me. Oh, how great!

They walked leisurely and happily in front of me as I followed them, smiling to myself. I swear I’m the happiest outcast in the world!

We went inside a toy store making Sooyoung squeal in delight. She was running and squealing like a kid who never went inside this kind of store.

Ashin looked at me weirdly. “Why does it look like you deprived her of going to places like this?” She asked.

I shrugged and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her close to me. Damn. This is my favorite move, pulling her closer to me. “She says she’s not a child anymore but she loves toys so much.” I laughed as we watched Sooyoung hugging any toy she could get.

“Well, she’s a girl. Contradicting.” Ashin laughed.

I planted a kiss on her and laughed. Damn. I missed her so bad. I don’t even know why when I am holding her right at this very moment. Maybe because I would never have enough of her. I would always crave for her. I would always need her.

“Daddy!” Sooyoung beamed and ran to us. “Daddy! Come here!” She’s holding my hand and pulling me to where she previously was.

I followed my daughter, pulling Ashin’s hand with me.

“I want this, Daddy!” She pointed at the huge doll house standing on the floor, near the rack. “Buy this for me, Daddy?” Her puppy eyes are making me smile. Her puppy eyes are too irresistible.

I looked at Ashin and she’s smiling as she was looking at Sooyoung’s face. She then looked at me and blinked. “What?” She asked. “Just buy her the doll house, Kris.” She smiled as she went out of my grip to sit down to match Sooyoung’s eyes level.

“Right, Aunt Ashin? He should buy me this, right?” She pouted at Ashin making Ashin look at me.

“Come on, Kris. Your daughter wants the doll house!”

I sighed and shook my head. I gave the two a look and they are already smiling.

“Fine!” I muttered as I reached for my wallet in my pocket.

Both of them beamed happily and hugged me tight. I smiled to myself. Damn, I must be the luckiest and happiest man on earth right now.

…or not?

The two decided to still roam around the mall as I carry this enormous doll house. Oh, hell. I shouldn’t have bought this thing!

Ashin and my daughter were whispering to each other as they walked ahead of me. People were even looking at me with absolute pity for my loss of fortune.

These two girls will be the end of me! How could they let me hold this doll house as we walk inside the mall?! This is why I experience a lot of embarrassing moments in front of Sooyoung. She makes me do embarrassing and shameful things.

“Oh, my god! He’s so hot even though she’s carrying a huge doll house!”

“Is that fine lad a married man?”

“Does he have a daughter?”

I wanted to curse at these people talking things behind my back. But before I could even do so, Sooyoung walked to me and held my free hand, pulling me towards Ashin. Sooyoung’s holding Ashin’s hand on the other, making us look like one happy family.

Ashin glanced at me and smiled. I smiled back. Suddenly, the shame and embarrassment I felt were replaced with warmth and love. Truly, there’s no one that could really make you the happiest person on earth other than your family.

“I love you.” I mouthed and she giggled. Damn. I want to hear her giggles all the damn time.

Sooyoung looked at me with narrowed eyes. “You’re crazy, Daddy!” She beamed and Ashin laughed. “Let’s just go home! I’m tired.”

From the looks of it, she’s not yet tired. She just wants to go home so she could already open and play her doll house.

Ashin smiled at me before looking at Sooyoung. “Sure! Let’s get you home.” She beamed making Sooyoung so jumpy.

***

“Do you want to go inside?” I asked Ashin as we arrived at our gate. Sooyoung already ran inside the house after kissing Ashin’s cheek. “You can drink something and play with Sooyoung first.”

She looked at me and smiled. “Nah, just go and carry her toy inside. I’ll wait for you outside.” She replied then went inside the car again.

I looked at her one more time and she just smiled and nodded. I sighed and carried the doll house inside the house, making sure that I won’t let Ashin wait for me.

“Where’s Aunt Ashin?” Sooyoung asked me as she opened the box of the doll house. I knew it. She’s just too excited to play her new toy!

“She’s still outside.” I told her. “I’ll just go back to her. Play first, alright?” I calmly told her as I kissed her forehead.

She nodded. “Sure, Daddy. Take your time.” She replied as she was too preoccupied in her toys.

I smiled to myself and walked towards my car—towards Ashin. As soon as she saw me coming towards her, she got out of the car.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” I told her.

She shook her head and smiled widely. “You were gone for just about three minutes. I’m fine.” She told me as she looked at the house behind me. “She’s playing?” She asked.

I nodded. “Yes, with that damn huge toy.” I muttered under my breath.

She laughed at me. “Come on! Your daughter is still a kid. Have more patience.” She beamed as she hit my arm lightly.

I smiled at her and pulled her into a hug. “Thank you.” I whispered as I kissed her hair. Geez! I would never ever get enough of this moment. Being this close with Ashin will always be my favorite moment.

“You don’t have to thank me. I was doing that for you.” She replied as she hugged me back, tighter than how I hold her.

I shut my eyes and savored the moment. These are the moments I wish would ever have for eternity. These are the moments that I want to last, that I don’t want to forego.

“Your daughter is so cute.” She told me. “She’s very different from you.” She laughed. “Too talkative but I like it.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Too talkative and sometimes annoying…” I rolled my eyes.

She laughed at me. “Don’t worry, Kris. I love you even after hearing all your embarrassing stories.” She beamed. “You’re still perfect to me.”

My world seemed to stop upon hearing her words. I am perfect to her…?

“I love you, you know that?” I told her before pressing my lips on her. Don’t worry, Ashin. You’re the most perfect thing in my life—if there ever is a term for being the most perfect.