Baby

All You Had To Was Stay [HLLOEL Book 2]

SECOND UPDATE. GO BACK ONE CHAPTER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER 10: AGAIN

 

THANK YOU!

--

Chapter 11: Baby

I pressed my lips into hers and all these bombs inside my stomach started exploding altogether. There’s no other way I could feel this complete. There’s no other way I could feel this good.

I closed my eyes and cherished this moment.

Seven years. Seven long years that I’ve waited for this girl to come back to my life. And now that she’s within reach I’d never let her go again.

“Kris…” She called my name in a very soft voice and it never felt this good. Hearing my name never felt this perfect.

I opened my eyes and stared deep into her. Damn. Looking at her keeps me falling. I was right. My love for her is a bottomless pit. But it was just the way I wanted it to be. I’d be happy to free fall. I’d be happy to fall forever.

“I love you.” I was out of breath because my heart is beating incredibly fast. I am out of my mind. I am out of my normal line of thinking.

She stared at me with tears forming in her eyes.

“Don’t cry.” I tried to hush her. “Don’t cry, Baby.” I wiped the tears falling down but instead of stopping, she cried even more.

She buried her face into my chest as she cried out. Was she crying because of me? Was she crying because I told her I love her? I’m confused. I want to know everything that she’s thinking but I’m afraid it would be hard for me to accept it.

What if she doesn’t want to get back with me?

We stayed like that – she, crying on my chest, while I am trying to figure out what she’s thinking. Is there a way for me to read her mind? Is there a way for me to know what she wants?

“Baby…”

I was stoned on my spot when I heard her speak that word. ! One word and I could die now. One word and my life is ing complete. How does she even do this?

She looked up at me and caressed my face. Oh, Kim Ashin, what I’d give to have you back in my life.

“I’m sorry for making it hard for you.” She started as her eyes were filled with sadness. “I’ve been so selfish. I was just thinking of how I was hurting. I didn’t even think about your feelings—”

I slammed my lips on hers before she even cries again. I sort of know what she’s going to tell me and I don’t think I need to hear it yet. Calling me baby was enough to make all the pain go away.

I felt her respond to my kisses and I couldn’t ask for more. My life is perfect again. My life is going to be perfect again.

“I’m fine with waiting, Ashin. I’m fine with all the pain.” I assured her. “I’m fine with everything if you’re the prize of all the pain I’ve felt.”

She looked at me and tried to smile even though the tears are threatening to fall again. “Still, I’m sorry.” She let out another sob before I hugged her tight.

“I love you,” I whispered and kissed her hair as she cried again.

I’m not expecting to get a response for professing my love for her. I am willing to wait for her to be ready and to be sure of what she feels again. I don’t want to rush things, although I think I just did.

I felt her arms wrapping around me and embracing me tight.

One word. Heaven. I’m in heaven because Ashin didn’t reject me. I’m in heaven because Ashin is with me.

I could not ask for more.

Another few moments and I walked Ashin to their gate. She faced me and smiled. “I’ll drive alone tomorrow.” She reminded me.

I want to complain but I think I needed to give her space, too. If I want her to fall for me again, I need to respect her time for herself.

“Okay.” I smiled. “I’ll see you in the office, then?”

She shook her head. “I’ll call you later.” She smiled at me.

My heart is beating fast. She’s going to call me later. Stop this, Ashin. I’m already getting overdosed by your mixed signals.

“I’ll wait for it.” I replied and held her hand tightly. “Good night.” I told her as I kissed her small, soft fingers.

She smiled and nodded. “Good night.”

I was mostly disappointed that I had to see her get inside their house. I want to spend more time with her. I want to talk to her more.

She waved at me before she closed the gate.

Suddenly, I miss her again. God, I’m too addicted. She’s the only type of drug I could never withdraw from.

I couldn’t help but smile when I entered our house. Everything that happened today is making me really happy. From Ashin, holding my hand, to Ashin, calling me baby.

“Daddy!” Sooyoung jumped in my arms enthusiastically. She chuckled and I carried her up. “You look happy today.” She commented as she planted a kiss on my cheek.

I smiled widely and nodded. “Because today is a good day.” I replied as I put her down and kissed her forehead.

I loosened my tie and placed my bag on the couch. “Have you eaten?” I asked her as she sat on the floor, near the center table where her Barbie dolls are at.

She nodded. “Granny and Gramps are out, though.” She told me.

I leaned my back on the couch and turned the television on. “Where’d they go?” I asked as I tuned in to the business channel I was always watching.

“Date.” She replied so nonchalantly that I had to look at her in awe. She says “date” like it was nothing to her. She’s dolling up her Barbie.

“Date?” I asked and she nodded, not looking at me.

“They said they’d be home before midnight.” She replied as she combed her Barbie.

“Midnight?” I asked. Where the hell are my parents? And what are they going to do out tonight? Is it their anniversary?

I took my phone out to check if there are reminders from my phone but then I was distracted when I saw Ashin’s text on my phone.

From: Kim Ashin

I’m so happy I have you. Please don’t leave me, too.

I smiled when I read her message. Of course, Baby. I won’t ever leave you.

I immediately typed in a reply.

To: Kim Ashin

I love you too much to leave you. Stop thinking. I’ll always be here.

I bit my lip as I sent her the text. I can’t stop smiling. I feel like it’s seven years ago again. That feeling when you experience young love.

“You’re smiling too much, Daddy.” Sooyoung told me.

I looked up and saw her looking at me with narrowed eyes. “Can’t I smile?” I asked her but then she narrowed her eyes more.

“Did you find a girlfriend?” She asked firmly.

I raised my brow and leaned my elbows on the top of my knees as I faced forward. “You told me to find a girlfriend.” I told her.

She frowned at me. “I know! But I haven’t seen her!” She whined.

“You’ve seen her.” I smiled. “You’ll meet her soon, too.”

“When?”

“Soon enough.” I replied. I have to take it slow. I know Ashin knows about Sooyoung already and vice versa but I can’t be so sure.

I am afraid of losing Ashin over Sooyoung again. I love them both and I want to keep them both by my side. I don’t want one to leave me.

Not my love. Not my daughter.

Sooyoung pouted. “I need to meet her soon!” She announced. “I need to see if she’s good for you!” He tone’s very authoritative.

I leaned forward and messed her hair where she whined. “I love her and she’s a very good person. If you meet her, you need to be good.” I don’t want history to repeat itself. I don’t want my life to taken away from me again.

Am I being a bad father?

“If she’s nice to me!” Sooyoung harrumphed and fixed her Barbie dolls. “I want to meet her soon!” She insisted.

I chuckled at her cuteness. “You will. Let’s give her time to adjust, okay?” I requested of her. “I don’t want her breaking up with me because of the important persons in my life.” I tried to explain to her. “You’ll support me with my girl, won’t you?”

Sooyoung looked at me and smiled, eventually. “Of course, Daddy! You’ve been single for most of your life so you need someone who’ll take care of you.” She beamed.

I smiled and nodded. “You can take care of me, too.” I told her as I carried her to my lap. She used to whine when I carry her but now she’s not reacting too much.

“You won’t forget me when you marry your girlfriend, right?” She asked me softly.

I smiled and shook my head. “Why would I even forget you? You’ll always be my only princess.” I told her and pinched her nose. She’ll always be my cute Princess.

 

 

---

Comments are appreciated. Thank you very much! I love you all! :*

#KriShin