Too Close

All You Had To Was Stay [HLLOEL Book 2]

Chapter 12: Too Close

I woke up the next day with a very wide smile on my face. Ashin’s telephone voice still lingers in my mind because we’ve talked on the phone until she’d fallen asleep.

Damn. Damn, how smitten I am. Damn, how deep have I fallen?

I walked down the stairs whistling and saw Mom, Dad and Sooyoung ready at the table already. They are all looking at me weirdly. I just smiled and walked to my seat. I am just in the right mood. I am just in my best mood.

“You look happy.” Mom commented as she sipped on her latte.

I smiled and nodded. I didn’t want to elaborate more. I just needed them to know that I am happy. When everything is clear between me and Ashin, that’s the only time that I would disclose that we are back together. For now, I needed to give Ashin more time.

“Granny, Gramps, Daddy is dating someone.” Sooyoung beamed making me choke on my coffee. So much for not talking about it with my parents yet.

Mom and Dad looked at me with narrowed eyes.

“Who?” Mom asked starting to get excited. I wouldn’t be so surprised at how she reacted because she knew that I’ve never tried to date someone else after Ashin. I didn’t even dare to look at other girls. I was so hopeful that she would come back to me.

I just smiled at her. “I’d introduce her to you in time, Mom. This is not yet the right time. She’s still adjusting to our relationship.” I replied and calmly drank my coffee.

She didn’t seem to buy it but she nodded, having no choice.

I looked at Sooyoung and narrowed my eyes at her. Oh, Kris. How didn’t you know that she’s one heck of a talkative kid? I could only chuckle to myself.

After breakfast, Mom and Dad dropped Sooyoung at school because it’s along their way to the office. I, on the other hand, dropped by some flower boutique to buy a bouquet for Ashin. Now that I’ve confessed, there’s no way that I’m going to keep it to myself.

I’ve been keeping everything to myself. And it’s hard. It’s hard to keep everything to myself when I wanted to let it all out. It takes more than strength to be able to hold everything in. I’m not going to do it again.

“Good morning, Mr. Wu.” The receptionist of the building greeted me. I smiled and bowed down before walking to the elevator.

Ashin texted me minutes ago that she’s still on her way. I believe that she’s still not used to driving her car again. Suddenly, I am regretting. I should’ve insisted to drive her here. I shouldn’t have let her drive on her own.

I walked straight to the office and placed the bouquet on top of Ashin’s desk. I was too early so no one else was still there. Come on, how can I not be early when I’m too excited to see the woman of my life?

I sat on my place and tapped on my phone. Our house is about fifteen minutes away from here. I’m counting eight minutes more before Ashin arrives.

I am fighting the urge to text her. Damn. I am being so clingy. I can’t be so clingy. Loving her too much that made me wait for seven long years is enough. Being clingy is too much. Although I won’t really mind.

The door burst open and I saw Ashin walking in with narrowed eyes at me. She smiled afterwards and walked to her desk. “Good morning.” She mumbled as she eyed the flowers on the table. She looked at me again with narrowed and confused eyes.

I just shrugged and she smiled as she put the flowers on the empty vase. She looked at me and smiled. “Thanks, Kris.” She beamed as she arranged the flowers.

I smiled back and nodded before standing up to get closer to her. “Did you sleep well?” I asked her and she nodded.

Of course, you would sleep well, Baby. I won’t let you not sleep well, anyway.

“I’m sorry about last night. I think I disturbed you.” She told me as her eyes met mine. “I shouldn’t have asked you to talk to me until I fall asleep.”

I laughed at her and shook my head as I helped her fix the flowers. Now, I’m wishing the other members would not come early today. I’d like some quality time with Ashin. I’d like to just be the two of us.

“Baby,” she spoke and my heart started to beat irregularly again. Damn, Baby. You don’t have to call me that. You can just call me Kris! I’m losing my head, really!

I looked at her and her face was too close to mine. , Kris. Hold your hormones down.

She smiled at me. “Let’s take it slow this time.” She told me.

I smiled back and nodded. “We’ll have it the way you want it, Baby. I can keep up.” I assured her and caressed her cheek.

Damn. Her lips are calling me.

Wu Yifan, ing calm your needs down. This is not the time.

“Thank you.” She spoke softly before planting a quick kiss on my lips. Damn, Ashin! What the hell are you doing to me right now? I was trying to calm my s down.

My eyes widened and I couldn’t move an inch. I’ve just got owned and I can’t believe it. I’ve been trying to hold everything down but Ashin just won’t.

“Baby, I thought we’ll take it slow.” I breathed as my hands went down to her shoulders. “Don’t just kiss me like that, Ashin. You don’t know its wonders on me.” I told her and breathed again.

She looked at me for a few moments before bursting into a smile. “You still didn’t change one bit, Kris. You’re still that same nice guy who would want to catch a cold with me.” She spoke.

I am. I haven’t changed a lot because I love her still. If anything, I changed because my love for her is stronger than ever. This time, I won’t ever let her go. I’m going to see to it that we’d end up together. I won’t accept anyone other than her.

I stared at her and waited for next words.

“I’m happy that you’ve never changed. I’m happy you’re still that same Kris Wu.” She told me and I hugged her, tight. Just hug. I just needed to hug her right now because my emotions might explode inside of me and destroy my body.

I felt her arms wrap around me, too. I wanted time to stop. I wanted us to stay this way this whole day…of even forever if God permits.

I shut my eyes and kissed the top of her head. “I love you.” I whispered and I felt her hug me tight. Slowly, Ashin. We’ll do it slowly. You’ll say it slowly.

The day has gone so fast. To be honest, it was too slow. I was almost watching Ashin the whole day. I couldn’t concentrate on my work. I was busy wishing that the day would end so I’d be alone with her again. I’ve never been this tired of waiting. Seven years was nothing compared to eight hours.

“You done?” I asked Ashin when it was just the two of us again. Jungkook and the rest requested to go out early because of some personal appointments.

Although it’s such a waste, I couldn’t ask for more. At least I have more alone time with my girl. That’s all I could ever ask for.

She looked at me and nodded as she rolled her sketch and placed it on her project tube. “Let’s go?” She asked me.

I frowned at her. “You shouldn’t have brought your car, Ashin.” I told her.

She narrowed her eyes on me. “Why?” She asked innocently.

“So I could drive you home.” I sighed. I know I’m being needy. But I won’t mind. I am indeed needy of her touch, needy of her presence, needy of her love.

She laughed at me. “You can always drive me home, Kris.” She told me. “I can leave my car now so we can come to work together tomorrow, too.” She smiled.

“But I thought—”

“I’ve been thinking, too, Baby.” She cut my words. “Maybe a little dependence won’t hurt?” She grinned.

I smiled and nodded, contented that she agreed that I would take her to work and drive her home every day. “I’d love you being dependent on me, too, Baby.” I told her as I held her hand and took her things from her.

She looked at me and I blinked. “What?” I asked.

She shook her head and chuckled. “Nothing has changed, Kris. You still can’t bear to see a woman carry her stuffs when she’s with you?” She asked me, in a teasing tone.

I laughed. “Wrong. I’ve changed.” I replied. “I can’t bear to see this certain woman carry things when she’s with me.”

I saw her blush and smile. I am very happy that I’ve got to see her smiling like this again. God knows how much I’ve missed her smiling like this so much. What I’d give to see her smile every day. What I’d give to never let her feel pain ever again.

She leaned her face closer. “You…” her voice trailed when my phone rang.

Almost, Kris. She almost initiated a kiss! Damn! I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID. It is Sooyoung. I’m really going to pinch her cheeks later. I am in the middle of talking intimately with my girl!

I looked at Ashin and apologized that I have to take the call.

“Sooyoung,” my voice was firm when I answered.

“Daddy!” She beamed from the other line. “I am running out of crayons. Can you buy me one before you come home?” I can only imagine her pouting face.

“Crayons?” I asked. “Didn’t you just buy some crayons last week?”

“Yes, but I’ve used them all. I need new ones.” She replied in her brat tone. Mom and Dad just really spoiled her to death that all of her needs should be given immediately.

“Fine. I’ll buy your crayons. Sooyoung, you can text me when you need me to buy you anything. You don’t need to call.” I told her sternly.

“Why, Daddy? Are you in a middle of a kiss with your girlfriend? Did I interrupt?” She asked.

I sighed hard. “Too close, Sooyoung. Too close.” I replied and I heard Ashin laughing beside me. Damn!