Precious Meeting

All You Had To Was Stay [HLLOEL Book 2]

Chapter 14: Precious Meeting

Sooyoung couldn’t stop asking me which dress she should wear. She’s only nine but she worries about too much stuffs. I couldn’t even worry about my own attire.

“Just wear anything because you always look good.” I told her after showing me a pink flowy dress. It would probably look good on her—well, she’s my daughter. She can’t wear anything ugly in my eyes.

She pouted at me before rushing to her room to find another outfit, I guess, yet again.

From: Kim Ashin

What are you wearing?

I sighed as I read her text. I don’t even know what to wear because Sooyoung keeps on disturbing my thoughts with her dress. I wonder if she’s shown me her whole wardrobe by now.

To: Kim Ashin

I’m not sure yet. What are you wearing, Baby?

I laid on my bed and just waited for her reply. It’s three hours before our planned meeting time and all I could think of is how Ashin would look good in anything she would wear. Sure, I’m a bit nervous about their first meeting after a long time but I’m more excited for this.

Two of the most important persons in my life are going to meet each other. It’s terrifying but I’m psyched at the same time. If this goes well, then, I could have the lifetime I wish to have with Ashin.

From: Kim Ashin

It’s a secret. :P

I smiled at her reply. Finally, whatever happened to the composed and calm Kris Wu before? I don’t know. How can I be calm when Ashin is so cute like this?

To: Kim Ashin

You’re teasing me. You’ll see.

I bet anyone seeing me right now would think I’m some kind of ert or some crazy guy blushing over his girlfriend’s text. But whatever! What do they know about my feelings for Ashin? I’ve held them all in since forever.

My door burst open revealing Sooyoung wearing the pink flowy dress she showed me the last time. She looks so good, of course, she’s my daughter. She’s frowning at me but she looks adorable. I guess that’s what a father would always think of his daughter.

“You look beautiful.” I told her as I stood up and walked up to her. I looked at her from head to toe and she almost hit me. I laughed. “Hey, you, little Missy! Why are you so cranky?” I ask her.

She frowned ever more. “Daddy! You’re not helping! You don’t know how nervous I am to meet your girlfriend!” She whined at me as she wiggled her hands.

I stifled as laugh and she narrowed her eyes at me. “You’re just a girl!” I told her but it seems like it would be the last time that I would tell her that.

She punched my arm making me wince in pain. “I’m not a girl anymore!” She yelled at me then ran out of the room. She’s so furious. It’s as if I stepped on her ego or something.

I blinked as the door almost slammed to my face. Damn! The princess is really mad.

I regretted saying those words to Sooyoung because she wouldn’t even talk to me while we were on the car. I glanced at her but she was just staring into the city lights.

I cleared my throat. “Honey, what would you say when you meet my girlfriend?” I tried to start a conversation with her.

She rolled her eyes at me. “I’m going to say hi then tell all your embarrassing moments in life.” She coldly said before crossing her arms on her chest.

I wanted to laugh but I shouldn’t laugh at this hour. Sure, I admire how adorable she is when mad but hearing what she would tell Ashin when she meets her is making me worry. Sooyoung never says something she wouldn’t do.

“You can’t do that, honey.” I told her. “I’m your Dad. You should always be on my side.”

She rolled her eyes at me. “Whatever, Dad! You’re a loser.” She harrumphed then frowned without looking at me.

I couldn’t stop myself from laughing at her last statement. My daughter doesn’t really seem to stop amusing me. I know it wasn’t the right thing to do but I just couldn’t stop it.

“I hate you!” She screamed at me.

I laughed even louder.

“I’m really going to embarrass you tonight, Dad!” She threatened me.

“You will not.” I told her while shaking my head.

“I will! You will see! Hmp!” She pouted and looked away.

I smiled at her even though I know she doesn’t see it. Is it because of my excitement that makes me want her grumpy like this? I don’t know.

We arrived at the restaurant that Ashin told me. I insisted on picking her up so we can go there together but she declined. She said it would be better if we just meet in the restaurant so the element of surprise would still be there.

“We’re here!” I beamed as I parked the car in front of the restaurant.

Sooyoung removed her seatbelt and frowned. I raised my brows. She’s still not talking to me.

“Sooyoung?” I called her.

She looked at me after heaving a deep breath.

“Let’s go?” I ask her.

She nodded and waited for me to open the door for her. It would always be like this. I’ve always told her to wait for the man to open the door for you. First, for her safety. Second, for her to realize that she’s a princess and she deserves a man who would enslave himself for her.

I opened her door and she got out. She looks so womanly now but I know that she will always be my baby.

“Are you happy?” I asked her as we step inside the restaurant.

She looked at me. “I’d be happier if I met your girlfriend and reveal to her all your embarrassing moments, Dad.” She’s still mad but she’s damn so adorable.

“You love me. You won’t do that.” I told her as a receptionist welcomed us. “Table for three.” I told this girl who’s smiling so wide at me. I could only imagine Ashin’s face right now. If she’d seen the girl, she would’ve rolled her eyes on her.

“Sorry, Miss. Don’t flirt with my father. We’re meeting his girlfriend tonight.”

The girl’s eyes widened at my daughter’s words. Of course, Sooyoung will always speak her mind. That’s what I love about my daughter and Ashin. They always speak their minds out.

“Sure,” the receptionist girl said. “This way, Ma’am, Sir.” She told us as she led us to the table.

I gave Sooyoung a look but she’s rolling her eyes at the receptionist. Damn! The things I see in her and in my Ashin are making me crazily happy.

“Here we go, Sir, Ma’am.” The receptionist girl stopped and looked at us. “It’s for four. I hope this would be convenient for you and your girlfriend.” There’s something about the way she said the word girlfriend that makes me Sooyoung scowl at her.

“Thanks.” I said, stifling my laugh over my daughter.

The receptionist girl smiled. “Your very much welcome, Sir. Just call one of us if you’re ready to order.” She bowed and left us.

Sooyoung heaved a heavy breath when the receptionist girl left. “She likes you and you’re letting her flirt with you like that?” She asked me as I helped her sit on the chair across me. I noticed that she’s moved chairs and I narrowed my eyes at her. “Your girlfriend’s going to sit here, Dad.” She told me as she motioned at the chair across me.

I nodded without thinking. Fine. Whatever floats my Princess’ boat.

I immediately sent Ashin a text that we are already in this restaurant.

“When is she coming?” Now, she seems so excited.

I looked at the door that just opened and smiled when I saw Ashin coming in. Her eyes roamed around the restaurant. She’s so ing beautiful with her brown curly hair down matched with her simple peach dress.

I swear I would kill every man’s eyes who dare to look at her.

“Are you okay, Dad? Hello?” Sooyoung waved her hand in front of my face.

I looked at her and saw her eyes narrowing at me. Her eyes looked so confused as she looked at me. I feel so stupid in front of my daughter. I just saw Ashin and spaced out. Geez! I’m a hopeless case. Ha!

“She’s here.” I smiled at her.

Sooyoung immediately looked around. Her head stopped as she saw Ashin walking towards us. “Aunt Ashin?” She asked as if in disbelief. She looked at me, amused. “Your girlfriend is Aunt Ashin?” She asked once more.

I smiled and was about to nod when Ashin arrived at our table. “Hi, Sooyoung!” She beamed at her with all smiles.

Sooyoung was still in shock in her seat. She opened but no word came out.

Ashin looked at me in alarm. She seemed worried all of a sudden. I can’t blame her. She’s experienced this before and it wasn’t good then.

I hold Sooyoung’s hand on top of the table. “Honey? What are you going to tell your Aunt Ashin?” I asked her.

Sooyoung looked at me first before turning back to Ashin. Tears were flowing in her eyes as she stared at her. “Aunt…” Her lips were trembling as she ran and hugged Ashin.

Ashin’s eyes widened with the sudden move from my daughter. She looked at me, confused all of a sudden.

Sooyoung was crying in Ashin’s arms. I grew nervous and stupid of what’s happening. “I didn’t know you’re Dad’s girlfriend.” She bawled. “Thanks for making my Daddy happy.”