일곱 (VII)

Last Winter With You

There, I saw many dishes served on the table like they were celebrating an occasion . Mr. and Mrs. Byun were already waiting for us at the dining table. Baekhyun quickly pulled a chair for me and he went to his seat beside his father.

 

“So, Rahael-shi, how’s your school? I mean, your studies? Are you comfortable with the class?” Mr. Byun asked.

“My studies are fine teacher. I have a normal grade and for now, I am really feeling comfortable with the class.”

“Aigoo, just call me appa. We are not in school now. Just consider us as your own parents dear.”

“A-araseo ap-pa. Thank you for your kindness towards me. I really appreciate it.” I smiled sweetly at him making Baekhyun’s mother to squeal quietly.

“Rahael-ah, stop being cute if you don’t want me to pinch your cheeks again. Omo! You are so cute.” My face blushed and I also saw Baekhyun facepalmed at his mother.

“Eomma, Rahael is not a kid anymore. She’s a teenage girl not a 9 years old child. Stop squealing like you had saw a cute baby in front of you. You didn’t do that to me though. I’m hurt.” He acted like he was heartbroken but unfortunately his mom just ignored him.

“Excuse me, the girl beside me is still a baby for your information. And, you are not cute as her, actually, you are really not the cute-guy type.”

“Eomma~ How could you do this to me. I’m your son! Auch, I’m really hurting right now.”

“I don’t care if you are hurting but if my baby here is hurt, I will take a really good care of her.”

 

Baekhyun gave up on his mother because he knew that he would never win against her. Not when she have her lovely girl with her. His father and I laughed while eating. Both Baekhyun and his mom finally ended their fight and continue eating. When both of them looked at each other, neither Baekhyun nor his mother smiled at each other. The only thing their do was making annoyed faces to each other.

 

“Rahael-ah, just ignore them. They always like that when they finished arguing. Well that made me realised that I don’t only has a son but a daughter too.” Both of us laughed.

“Ahh, both of your children are cute.” Appa just laughed at my statement while I was receiving a death glare from Baekhyun. His mother just looked down, pouting.

 “Stop pouting Byun Eunhye-shi. You know you look hideous pouting like that.” Baekhyun’s father got hit by his wife. “Ouch, how could you hit me like that?!”

“Well, you deserved it.” Eomma smiled innocently making Appa gave up on her and continued eating.

 

After almost two hours spending a ‘family’ time with the Byuns, I went out to take some fresh air. Although it was cold, I just went out without wearing any sweaters and don’t have any hotpacks with me. Suddenly I felt something behind me and noticed that Baekhyun gave his sweater and wrapped it around me.

 

“Yah Cha Rahael, you want to get fever? Why are you here? It’s cold and I bet the temperature is below positive. Let’s go inside and you need to get some sleep because tomorrow is school day.”

“But I had slept for hours while waiting for you at the mall earlier for your information. I can’t sleep anymore.”

“Aigoo~ Just try to lay on your bed. I’m very sure once your head landed on the pillow, you will be in your dreamland shortly.”

 

I just sighed and got up from the bench, walked back into the house while he was following behind. We exchanged our goodnights and went into our rooms. I tried to sleep but all my efforts were useless. I even tried the thing that Baekhyun asked me to do but I was still wide awake. I just sat on the bed and leaned against the wall while scrolling my phone. *I wish that Mom and Dad are not worrying about me*

 

Baekhyun

 

I was thinking about Rahael. I felt like I should protect her even more right now before she looked so fragile like a glass. My heart was beating like I just finished doing some marathon and made me awake until now. It was already 3am and I couldn’t sleep yet. So, I sat up and leaned against the wall. I took my phone and scrolled to find Rahael’s number. I got her number from Sehun and for her number, I had to buy him lunch today. But, it’s okay because Rahael number was all I needed the most back then and I didn’t have anyone except for Sehun that had her number.

 

I was wondering what was she doing and decided to call her. *I know she’s only a room distance from me but I’m too lazy to get out from my room and also, if she’s sleeping, I don’t want to disturb her by knocking the door.* A voice greeted me and it was her voice. Sleepy voice.

 

“Omo! Are you asleep Rahael? Sorry I don’t want to disturb you. I’m hanging up now. Bye and goodnight dear.” I hung up after that and sighed. *Did I just called her ‘dear’?*

 

I tried to sleep by just laying on my bed but I still couldn’t sleep. I’ve tried to count sheep and read a history book but none of my efforts were useful. Lastly, I got up from the bed and do some work out to make my body feel tired. Fortunately, I felt so tired and drifted off. *What a long night.*

 

Ra Hael

 

I heard noises coming from Baekhyun’s room and it sounded like he was doing some workouts. *Only maniacs will do workouts at this time* The noises disappeared not long after that and I assumed that he already gone to sleep. * Aish~ I want to sleep to but how?!* I obviously didn’t want to do some workouts and I got up the bed and took a history book. I read the most boring chapter. It was about the history of the dinasties that were related to Korea. Soon after that, the history book read me instead of me reading it. *If you can understand what I’m talking about.