Chapter 16

Last Winter With You

So, the next day came brightly but Rahael was still sleeping soundly under the blanket. Her alarm didn’t work because her phone’s battery was dead. Her mother went upstairs to tell her that Baekhyun was downstairs, waiting for her to go for the date that he planned yesterday.

“Rara baby, are you ready?” She called for Rahael but received no reaction.

“Baby? You better get ready because Baek has been downstairs for an hour already.” Still no answer from her one and only daughter.

“Rahael?”

“Cha Rahael?”

“CHA RAHAEL! ARE YOU EVEN AWAKE?!” Her mother knocked the door loudly that the door might broke. Luckily, she received an answer from her. Rahael went to the door and open it. Her hair, her clothes— To be exact, she looked like the Grudge from The Ring.

“OMG! Don’t tell me that you just wake up?! Your fiancé has been waiting for you and yet, you still in your so call beauty sleep?! I don’t knows what to say but go and get ready and you are leaving in half an hour. Now GO!”  With that, Rahael rubbed her eyes and nodded. She closed the door and went into the bathroom.

Half an hour later, Rahael finally done and she was ready for the date. When she walked down the stairs, she saw that Baekhyun was talking and laughing with her parents. Rahael’s father saw her and nudged his wife. Her mother then looked up and saw her. Baekhyun noticed them and turned around. He was so mesmerised with the girl in front of him. Rahael was wearing a plain white dress with her hair left untied and looks wavy. She also put a cute pink headband with a big ribbon attached to it. She also wear a pair of pink flats and that made her looked shorter.

“So, let’s go?” Baekhyun asked. “Mommy, daddy, I’ll take her now.”

“Okay but please take care of her and be back early because both of you are moving today. Okay?”

“Okay.” He smiled and took Rahael’s hand and they went to the car.

“So, where do you want to go?”

“You was the one who plans this and you don’t know where exactly you want to go? Baekhyun~”

“I have one place in mind but I wanted to ask you in case you have another places in your mind.”

“Nope. I don’t have a place to go. Just go to the place that is in your mind. But, I don’t like crowded places.”

“Yes, I know baby.” He gave her a peck on her left cheek and drove off. Rahael just blushed and speechless.

“Aww, you’re blushing. So cute.” He pinched her cheek.

“Stop doing that and focus. I don’t want to die because of an accident on my first date. I’ll haunt you.”

“If I also die, you can’t haunt me though.” He grinned.

“I still can!” She crossed her arms and sighed. Baekhyun just shook his head and focus on his driving, wanting them to arrive safely. He was so excited because he can finally go there to watch the beautiful scenery of the river. He said that when he go there, all of his stress will go away and after that he will feel better than ever.

“Yeah, right. I’m so scared~” He pretended to be scared and Rahael rolled her eyes while crossing her arms.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute.” He let go of the steering and pinched her cheeks.

“YAH!!!!!!! Eyes on the road ,Byun Baekhyun!!!!!!”

“Arasseo, arasseo jagiya.” He winked his right eye at her.

Both of them finally arrived and surprisingly Baekhyun chose Hangang Park as their first date venue. He was so excited because finally he could watch the magnificent scenery of the river. He said that when he go there, all of his stresses will be forgotten and it would help him calming his mind.

“Do you want ice-cream? I can go get it for you.” Baekhyun asked Rahael when he saw an ice-cream truck in front of them.

“I want to but it’s okay.” She was hesitating at first but politely declined his offer.

“Yah! Are you on your diet? If you are, then stop it. You are not overweight or something.I don’t want to date an anchovy.” He stucked his tongue but after that, he furrowed his eyebrows. Since Rahael started her diet, he never saw her eating her favourite foods. It hurts him to watch his sweetheart craving to eat those but she cannot do that since they were not in her dietary list.

Baekhyun stubbornly went to buy ice-creams and he bought a strawberry syrup flavoured ice-cream for her and mint for him. He walked towards her with a big grin plastered on his face. She laughed while facepalming.

“Miss Rara, please take this as my present for you today.” He knelt down with his knees and  his right hand was holding the scrumptious ice cream. Rahael narrowed her eyes but she took the ice cream and started to it.

“Nyum-nyum, it’s so delicious.” He giggled. The scene of his girlfriend acting like a two-years old girl was quite rare because Rahael was the type of girl who acted maturedly.

“Yah, eat it slowly. Gosh! You look like a toddler.” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue at her and ran away. She started to chase him until she saw a little boy who was eating a bear shaped cotton candy. It looked so cute and delicious at the same time.

“Baekkie?” Rahael called Baekhyun with a pout forming on . He stopped running and went back to her. “I want that.” She pointed her index finger towards the boy. He raised his eyebrow and started to laugh.

“You want the cotton candy?” She nodded cutely and since he became weak with her aegyos at him, he just patted her head. “Arasseo, finish your ice-cream first and wait there.” He told her to sit at the bench under a shady tree near the river and went to get the cotton candy.

A few minutes later, Baekhyun arrived and he got the cotton candy with a pink ribbon on its head. “Yeay! Gumawo Baekkie.” She gave him a peck on his cheek and his face flushed red after that.

“Rahael-ya, do you want to know something?”

“What is it?” was full of cottow candy.”Stop talking with your mouth full.” He pinched her chubby cheeks.

“You know what, I have thought about it for a while. Baby, if I go first, the place that I want you to put me is here, at the river. Can you do that for me?” She stopped eating and looked at him with a pair of questioning eyes.

“Why are you saying that? No, you are not bringing this topic again. Arasseo? You are still young and there are still a lot of time for you.” Her eyes were teary and she looked like she was going to cry.

“God can take our lives anytime he wants to, Rara-ya. No matter how young we are or how old are we. Besides, I’m just saying about what I want to. It’s not like I’m going to leave you or something. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you alone and will try to protect you as long as I can. Please, stop pouting. You are killing me.” She slapped his arm playfully and continue to eat her delicious cotton candy.

“Rara-ya, can you give me some cotton candy?” He opened his mouth widely. Rahael looked like she wanted to give him but instead of feeding him, she put it in her own mouth. Baekhyun pouted and crossed his arms. “Maybe next time. I fall in love with this bear and I couldn’t give it to you.” She made an innocent look. “Arasseo, suit yourself. Just date the bear. I’m going home.” He stood up and started to walk away.

‘Why is he acting so childishly today?’ She thought.

“Yah! Wait for me!” Rahael got up and ran towards him. He purposely walked using a faster pace to avoid her. He also turned back to see her but didn’t see her figure.

‘Where is she?’

He turned aroung and walked back towards the path that was heading towards the bench that they were seating just now. But surprisingly, he didn’t see her. He became worried and called out her name.

“Rahael! Rahael! Cha Rahael!”

But there were no answers from her. He just stood in front of the tree quietly,doing nothing when..

“BOOO! Got you!” She laughed. Baekhyun was so surprised that he almost jumped up high.

“Yah! You want me to die early of a heart attack?!” He scold her. She pouted and walked away. He sighed.

‘How can a teenage girl have an attitude like a toddler?’

Baekhyun walked to her and hung his arm around her shoulder while messing her. She took his hand and put it down but being a stubborn boy he was, he just kept playing with her hair.”Stop it! I’m warning you!” She gave him a scary glare.”Wuuu, you look so scary~” Rahael narrowed her eyes at him. “Okay, okay, I’ll stop.” He surrendered. “Huh!” She then walked away, leaving him. He just looked at her disbelievingly.

 ‘Why am I stuck with her?’ A cute giggle came out from his mouth and he went to her, linking his fingers with hers.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing."