Chapter 15

Last Winter With You

*Thunder growling*

The windows in Rahael’s room was hit by the twigs from the big tree outside. She was sleeping soundly on her bed when suddenly the lightning striked and the thunder growled loudly making her wide awake. She took her blanket and wrapped herself with it. Her whole body was trembling.

The thunder were getting louder this time, making her screamed and called for help. Fortunately, Baekhyun heard her and rushed to her room. Once he arrived, he quickly switched on the lights. He was shocked to see Rahael’s trembling body covered by the blanket on the bed. She was hugging both of her knees and cried. For the first time,  Baekhyun heart was broke into pieces. He never sees Rahael in such state and he was really worried.

He walked towards her and slowly sat beside her. His arm was around her shoulder and he also pulled her closer to him.

“It’s okay, I’m here.” He cooed. Rahael was sobbing and surprisingly, she hugged him tightly.

“P-please s-stay.” Hearing her trembling voice, Baekhyun didn’t have the heart to leave her alone especially in this state. He patted her head. “Don’t worry, I’ll be here with you.”

“Promise me that you won’t leave me here.”

“Promise.”

He wanted her to sleep so he sang her a lullaby.

His voice was so angelic and soft that she slept in no time.

“Sleep well, Rahael.” He kissed her head.

A few hours later, Mrs Byun knocked Rahael’s door because it was time for her to wake up for school. Same for Baekhyun but she wanted to wake her up first. When she received no answer from her, she opened the door slowly and surprised to see both of her favourite children sleeping soundly in uncomfortable position. Both of them were in a sitting position beside the bed, on the floor with Baekhyun was hugging her.

She was so touched when she saw them together. She went to them and poked Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun stirred from his sleep and was half-awake. Feeling some of his movements, Rahael opened her eyes slowly.

“Morning Rara.” Mrs Byun gave Rahael a pair of eyesmile and she pinched Rahael’s cheeks afterwards. Baekhyun just laughed and got up to get ready for school. “Faster, you have to get ready for school, Rara.” She rubbed her eyes.

“Stop rubbing your eyes dear. It’s not good for your eyes.” But Rahael just mumbled something and she shooked her head while smiling.

“Go and get ready.” Mrs Byun patted her head and went put from her room. After a few while, both Baekhyun and Rahael went to the kitchen and ate their breakfast.

 “When are you coming back home?”

“Waeyo eomma?” Both of them let out a same sentence at a same time.

“Umm, I better get going right now.” Rahael said and hugged Mrs Byun.

“Me too, bye eomma.” He waved his goodbye and went out to catch up with Rahael.

“Someone got scared last night.”

“Yah stop it. I just got shocked.” Rahael rolled her eyes.

“Someone got scared~ Wuuuuuu~” But she ignored him.

“P-please s-stay.” He mocked her with a sobbing sound. She hit him with her bag and he pretended to sob.

“Stop pouting! You know you looked hideous making that face.” Baekhyun just continue making that face. They spend almost all their time at school throughout the day together.

 

Three Years Later

Everyone didn’t know how they ended up together but they like to watch the couple acting so romantically but sometimes they also bickered about things they shouldn’t have. It was kinda funny when both of them did that.

“Why you eat my sandwich?”

“I didn’t eat them.”

“Baekhyun, stop lying. I know it’s you.”

“No it isn’t me. The cat just climbed up the table and took the sandwich away.”

“Urgh I hate you.”

“I love you too.”

 Cliché.

Rahael and Baekhyun went to lunch at the Tteokbokki shop near their school. Since she wanted to eat tteokbokki so much, he decided to bring her for lunch there.

“I’m so full.” Rahael dropped her head on the table and pouted.

“Your body is seriously not like what you eat. I mean, you just ate five plates of those.” He pointed to the once full of tteokbokki plates with a you-are-unbelievable look.

“Well, I’m not the type of person who will get chubby when I eat a lot.”

“Don’t be too proud. You might get fat later.” He stuck his tongue out.

“I don’t care.”

“But, I care.”

“If you love me, then you won’t leave me if I get fat or whatever.” She gave him a smirk.

“Stop smirking. Your face looks ugly like that.”

“Like I said, if you love me –“

“Arasseo, let’s go.” He shook his head and went to the cashier. After that they walked home together. While they were walking, Baekhyun suddenly felt a pain in his head. He stopped walking and crouched down for a while.

“Yah Baekhyun, what are the homeworks for to—“  She noticed that he was not beside her and quickly turned around. “What are you doing?” She saw Baekhyun was crouching and was searching for something in his bag.

“Nothing. I just trying to find my… phone.” He took out his phone and showed it to her.

“Hurry up. We are going to be late for tea time with eomma.” She went to him and took his hand, asking him to get up. He just smiled at her but little did she knew that he was keeping something from her.*What is he hiding from me?*

“Why is eomma wants us to be at home? I have to cancel my piano practice and my teacher was not happy with it.”

“I don’t know. Let just hope that it will be something beneficial and important.”

Both of them arrived at Baekhyun’s home and Rahael was surprised to see her parents were also there sitting with Baekhyun’s parents, laughing at the jokes that Mr. Byun was making. Baekhyun looked at Rahael with a questioning look and she did the same.

“Finally! Come and sit here.” Rahael’s mother patted the seat next to her. She went there and sat down while Baekhyun sat beside his mother which was located right in from of Rahael.

“All of us have gathered here with a news to share to the both of you.” Suddenly they heard a squeal coming from Baekhyun’s mother. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow.

“What is the news, eomma?” He asked.

“Both sides have decided the date for your marriage. Which mean now both of you are officially engaged.”

“Yeay!” Once again, Baekhyun’s mother was excited about it. “Eomma~” He said with cheeks full of red. *He’s cute right?*

“M-marriage? Isn’t it too early for us to be married? I mean, both of us have another two years to graduate.”

“That is why I’m announcing the date. The date that we have set is quite far from now so that both of you could graduate first.” Mr. Byun announced that the actual date was a month after their graduation.

“But why are you announcing now? It’s too early to announce it though.”

“I know it’s still early Hyun-ah. But I want both of you to know each other well first. We also have decided to let the both of you to stay together at an apartment that we bought to you earlier.”

“WHAT?!” Both of them asked at the same time with the same intonation.

“Well, don’t be surprised. We just want the best for the both of you. You can do whatever you want.”

“We want a grandchild as soon as possible.” Mrs. Byun whispered. Rahael face reddened  and Baekhyun facepalmed.

“No excuses and both of you can move into the house tomorrow. Let’s go Rara, you have to move your things out of your room.”

“Mommy, you sounded like you want to chase me out from the house.” She pouted.

“Aniya, it’s not like that. What I meant was we have to move your things quickly because I’m very sure the movers are waiting for us at home right now.” Rahael’s family bid their goodbyes to Baekhyun’s family and they went home. Baekhyun was pushed to go to his room to pack his things.

“Arasseo eomma, you don’t really have to push me. I can walk by myself.” But then, his headache came again. “Ouch!” He exclaimed. Mrs. Byun was shocked.

“Are you okay Baekhyun-ah?”

“I’m fine. It’s just a normal headache. I t will go soon. Eomma, can you get me some painkillers and a cup of water?” Mrs. Byun nodded and went to the kitchen to take the medicine for him. As soon as she got the meds, Baekhyun swallowed them and lucky for him, his headached became better.

“Thank you eomma.” He smiled.

“You’re welcome dear. If anything happens, I am just a scream away.”She giggled. Baekhyun joined her too.

Meanwhile, Rahael and her parents arrived home and went straight to her room. She was surprise for the nth time because almost all ofher things were already in boxes, neatly packed.

“Mommy, daddy, you are really chasing me out.” Her facial expression changed.

“No, we are not. We just don’t want you be tired. That’s all.” She just let out a sighed and started to move the boxes with the help of some movers. They finished loading the lorry one hour later. Rahael felt her cellphone vibrated. She took it out from her pocket and it was a message from Baekhyun.

From: Baekkie

To: Rara

Hey. I miss you already. How’s the packing? Tired?

 

From: Rara

To: Baekkie

We just met a few hours ago, fyi. But, I miss you too. Nope. Not tired at all because my things have been packed. Duh, I was so surprised. >.<

 

From: Baekkie

To: Rara

Aww, I’m glad you miss me too. *sends lots of kisses* What? Wow! Your parents seems like they are really excited. I just finished packing all of my stuffs though. So tired. :’( Oh, btw, I texted you because I want to ask you something. Want to go for a date tomorrow?

From: Rara

To: Baekkie

*sends you lots of hugs* Yeah, they are beyond excited. -,- A date? Like seriously Baek? You are not romantic at all. Yeah, I would love too. :*

 

From: Baekkie

To: Rara

Yeay! So, I’m picking you up tomorrow morning. Wear something pretty but not y! I don’t like other people looking at my baby. Arasseo? Goodnight, princess. I love you <3

 

From: Rara

To: Baekkie

Arasseo :P Goodnight Baekkie. Love you more. :*

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Sorry for not updating this earlier. I was too busy with school and I just finished my trials. My SPM are quite near which is 40+ days more and I am really nervous right now. For any grammar mistakes, just ignore it because it is still unedit. I decided to update this because i felt like some of my subbies are waiting for this. I got to go now since I'm very tired. I just got back from the Palace at my hometown, Kedah, because my late grandmother's aunt passed away today.