셋 (III)

Last Winter With You

2012, September

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

Baekhyun called me telling me to meet him at the cafe just two blocks away from my house .

I quickly got dressed and walked out from my house and got there half an hour after I received the phone call from him .

 

He was sitting at the corner of the cafe with a worried face and  hands clasped together on the table .

 

He saw me and quickly waved his right hand to me. I approached him and he asked me whether I'm hungry and want to grab a bite or a coffee for refresher. Though I haven't eaten dinner yet and I just ordered coffee.

After a few minutes of silents , Baekhyun started the conversation .

"Kyungsoo , I wanted to ask you something and I have been keeping the question for a long time since we both met Ra Hael ." he said in a sad tone .

My eyes widen in surprise.

"What is it?" I ask seriously.

"Will you take care of her for me after I'm gone?" Baekhyun asked directly.

"Yah ! Baekhyun-ssi , are you scaring me ? Well it turns out you have failed and halloween is still far away from now ." I exclaimed jokingly but part of me knows he wasn't playing around.

"Can you just listen to what I have to say Do Kyungsoo ? Just this time . After this...-" I cut him off.

"Yah Baekhyun!" I raised my voice again getting attention from the other customers but I ignored them.

"You will live longer and you'll marry Cha Ra Hael and you'll be the best and most happy couple on earth" I told him

"Don't ever say anything about you being gone" I scolded him

"Kyungsoo I'm sorry" His voice cracked and there was sadness in his eyes. Seconds later he lowered his gaze.

"It has gotten bad and the Doctor said there is only 40 percent chance that I'll be able to survive the operation" He said eyes glued to the table.

I didn't utter a word. I totally shock of his news, barely registering every word he his saying. My brain seems to be malfunctioning.

"I know you have feelings for Ra Hael long before I've courted her" He said eyes on me and he smiled faintly.

"Baek...I don't.."

"I don't think there is anyone more better for her than you" He finish my sentence.

I opened my mouth to argue with him but there were no words coming out.

"Don't try to deny anymore" He beckoned to me "I'm happy enough to leave her knowing that you'd be there for her" He added with a smile.

"You're talking nonsense Baek" I commented

"I'm not talking nonsense" He said "I'm asking you a favor my friend" He corrected me.

"I'm not gonna replace you" I told him

"That's not gonna happened" He said directly

"You can't replace me" He added

"Good you know" I uttered

"I don't want you to replace me, but what I'm asking is for you to show your true feelings towards her" He said

"I know you won't agree with this kind of arrangement but I'm hoping that when I'm gone she won't have to suffer too much pain because of me, I'm hoping that you'd be there to show her that her life doesn't only revolves around me and that she can still live her life without me by her side and I'd be more happy if you'd be that man to show her that she can still love someone other than me" He said sincerely and smiled to me.

I was stunned by his words. He barely talks like this to me or to anyone other than Ra Hael. Baekhyun has never been so dramatic towards me. For as long as I can remember we haven't had such conversation like this before.

We were silent for almost 5 minutes. Both of us stare blankly at each other like reading each other's thoughts but actually pondering on our own mind.

I was analysing everything he has said and somehow I feel guilty that I was been a jerk not even taking a step to confess my feelings towards Ra Hael.

After that , I just left him alone at the cafe and went back home without realising that my phone's battery is 0% and it was shutted down .

I arrived home and quickly went up to my room to charge my phone . Once I turn on my phone , I saw lots of miss calls from Ra Hael and quickly dialed her number to make sure she is in a good condition . 

 

*caller ringtone* 

 

"Yah ! Pabo ! Why didn't you answer my phone call ? Want to die ? " she said furiously

"Mianhe Ra Hael . My phone was shutted down because I forgot to charge it before I went out meeting .... " suddenly I'm about to blurt out about that incident and quickly change the topic .

"What ? Meet who ? Is it Baekhyun oppa ?" she asked .

"No...Nothing Ra Hael . I went out to meet my cousin .No ,it;s not Baekhyun ." I heard a relieved sigh from her .

*What am I doing ! Kyungsoo ,you're so dead ! Why I am so stupid not to tell her about that ! I shouldn't be lying about this matter . *

"Okay Kyungsoo , I'm hanging up . Meet you at school tomorrow ! Annyeong ! *she hanged up the call* .

 

2013, August

Ra Hael

It was dinner time and I am texting with Kyungsoo .

"Hello Ra Hael ! So how was the day ? I bet it was the best day we ever had together right ?" his text just reminded me to someone , Baekhyun .

"Oh , Annyeong Kyungsoo ! Haha , yeah I agree ! It was the best day we ever had together . We should hang out together like this more often ." I lied to him just to make him feel appriciated .

"Really ? I'm very glad to hear that . By the way , have you eaten your dinner yet , Cha Ra Hael ?"

Omo , its the first time I heard him saying my full name . My mouth curved until my ears and suddenly my mom just spoiled the mood .

"Ra Hael , your dinner's ready my dear ! Come downstairs and eat with me . "

"Geurae omma , I'll be there in a minute ." I answered her .

"Oh aniyo Kyungsoo . But I'll go downstars to eat now . I'll text you later . Annyeong ~ "

He just answered my text with a big smile .

 

After I had my dinner , I ran quickly upstairs to my room and landed on my bed . Suddenly ,I felt something hard below my blanket and it hurts my waist because I landed onto it . It was so painful that my tears drop suddenly .

I pull up the blanket and saw an album with me and Baekhyun's photo as the cover . It was our album that we made together since we first hangout as friends . I forgot that my room was so messy that even rats would not want to live in it . That's why the album is on my bed .

I grabbed the album and saw many of our memories that taken by Kyungsoo and also selcas .

Again , I cried because my waist hurts and this time , it was added by the sadness from watching the photo memories .

Then , I remembered how we first met , how we confessed our love to each others and also how excited the both of us when received a news that our parents making us engaged to each other .