여섯 (VI)

Last Winter With You

 After half-an hour waiting for him, finally Sehun arrived and for my surprise, he was soaked because of the raining. I didn’t realised that it was raining outside. Sehun’s mood was beyond mad and I just kept my mouth shut not wanting him to blow up.

 

“Yah Hyung! Why won’t you tell me that it is raining in this region? Thanks to you, I’m now wet! You better have something good in your mind to make it up for me.”

“I’m so sorry Sehun-na. I didn’t realise that it is raining. Sure, I’ll make it up for you but maybe later because I want to settle my bussinees here first.”

“Talking about YOUR business, why are you dragging me into this? It’s not like I’m your personal assistant or what. Besides, I didn’t know what are you going to do here. So, what are you up to now hyung?”

“I’m dragging you into this because I think that you can help me with Ra Hael’s matter. I’m here because my father wants me to take her home but I don’t want her parents to see her in her condition right now-“ Sehun cut my conversation.

“What’s wrong with her? Actually, what happened to her? Is it because you crazy fans at school? Hyung, you do realise that if she is with you, bad things could happen to her right? Look, she is not even officially with you but she’s getting the negatives things already.”

“I know, I know Sehun. But I couldn’t help it. I really like her and I feel like I have to protect her. She had been bullied by the Kim sisters at school earlier and luckily for her, I was right at the scene when I saw her almost getting slapped by them. I stopped Hae right before she landed her filthy hand on my Ra Hael’s face. Other than that, Ra Hael’s school’s uniform was a mess. They cruely poured juices on it.”

 

Sehun’s face change and I could tell that he was furious about it. Sehun had been liking her too but since he respected me, he just handed Ra Hael to me and asked me to protect her even if my life is on the line. Ra Hael acknowledges Sehun as her own brother since Sehun wanted her to be his godsister at school. I actually adore that. How Sehun had to give Ra Hael to me and just accept her as his ‘sister’ just made me felt like I have to protect her more due to his sacrifice.

 

“So, I am going to change the topic here because I don’t want any emotionals feeling to be occur here in the PUBLIC.” He emphasized public and made me laughed. “Hyung! I’m not making any jokes here. What are we going to do here?”

“We are going to search for Ra Hael’s things and book her uniform at the school’s boutique. After that, I am going to buy her a new cellphone because I never notice her using a cellphone.”

“But why would you need me to do this? May I know?”

“Because you are her ‘brother’. I want you to help me to choose things that will suit her. I know that you know her more than me since both of you always hangout together. Am I right?”

“Yes you are. But it is already late at night and I’m sure she is still sleeping in your car. Shouldn’t you bring her home first? Mr.Choi is also very tired from what I had seen.”

“Seen? Hmm, guess I have to do this another day then. Sorry for calling you here.”

“Yeah hyung, you should be. I was sleeping when you called me earlier. Better go before Ajusshi’s mouth opened wider. Haha. He’s really tired you know. “

“Oh my god, now I feel guilty. Then, let’s go. Be careful on the road Sehun. It is slippery and please don’t do your deadly laps on the road. You might get into an accident. It is so dangerous and I don’t want you to leave me now.” I patted his head.

“Okay hyung, OKAY! I’ll better get going now before the rain pours heavily. You too hyung, take care. Meet you at school tomorrow. Bye.”

 

Sehun left and I walked to the car. Surprsingly I saw Ra Hael was not in the car. I started to panic and searched for her without wanting to wake Mr.Choi up. I went into the mall back and saw a girl wearing a sweater and school uniform buying coffee at Starbucks. I went to her and she greeted me.

 

“Cha Ra Hael, why did you left the car? I told you to stay and rest in there right? You had made me worried about you when I went back to the car and saw that you weren’t in the car.”

“I am sorry Baekhyun-shi. I was so cold so I decided to go out and bought this coffees. I bought one for you.” She handed me the coffee. It was Frappucino.My favourite.

“How did you know that this is my favourite coffee?”

“Ajusshi told me before I went out. Actually, I have already told him that I am going out to buy some coffee. I also asked him to get some rest until I get back.” I sipped the coffee and walked together with her back to the car. At that time, Mr. Choi was already woke up and before he could go out and opened the door for us, I stopped him and opened the door for Ra hael. He just smiled and started the car’s engine.

 

“So, young master, have you got what you want to buy earlier?”

“Only some that I managed to get because it is already late at night and Sehun also told me that you looked so tired. I don’t have a heart to make you keep waiting for me, Ajusshi.”

“That’s very kind of you Baekhyun-shi. But how Sehun knows that I fell asleep?”

“He parked his motorbike in front of the car when he arrived here. So he can see you sleeping soundly in here.”

“I am very sorry young master. I promise that I won’t fell asleep anymore while working. Again, I’m so sorry.”

“Choi ajusshi, you don’t have to apologise to me. You know, I always acknowledge you as my second father for your information. You had been with me ever since I was young. For me, you are not my chauffeur but you are my father. Eventhough you worked for my family for years, but remember, all of us have considered you as a family member. Don’t you remember that ajusshi.”

 

I went out from the car and got into the front sit, beside Mr.Choi. He was surprised and asked me to went back to the back sit. I just ignored him and lowered the sit because I was sleepy. Too sleepy to be detailed. He just sighed quietly and started to drive us back home. I looked back and saw Ra Hael was sipping her coffee while looking to the scenery outside. *Her side profile is just too beautiful, I can’t even resists.* I just smiled to myself and fell asleep.

 

Ra Hael

 

I heard the conversation between Baekhyun and Choi ajusshi while enjoying the scenery outside the car. They really talked like father and son. I was amazed that he respected Mr.Choi eventhough he was just his family’s chauffeur . Baekhyun really have a nice heart despite from he is a boy who was luckily born with silver spoon. From their conversation, I also could conclude that he is really kind towards people he loved but very strict to other people. He could be very cruel at times but also, he could be as gentle as an angel at the same time.

 

I continued to sip my coffee and looked outside boringly because it took hours to arrived at Baekhyun’s house. When I looked in front, I saw Baekhyun’s sit was lowered down and he was sleeping soundly. *His face while sleeping was as cute as puppies.* From his facial expressions while he was sleeping, I could tell that he was really exhausted.*Poor Baekhyun*

 

“Ajusshi, you are really lucky to have someone as kind as Baekhyun. I am so jealous that he really care about you.” I whispered.

“Ra Hael-shi, he also cares about you. Even more than me, for your information.”

“But before this, I never been cared by others, you know. I was so surprised that today he took care of me.  A lot. Can I know why ajusshi?”

“Miss Ra Hael, I can’t say anything because I want Baekhyun to say it to you. If I said anything to you before he does, I am hundred percent sure that he will be mad at me.”

“Okay then, if you say so.” I pouted.

“I am very sorry Ra Hael-shi. But it is for your own good. You better know it from him.”

 

Mr.Choi just gave me a smile and I went back to my seat and started to stare outside’s scenery. Again. He looked at me using the backmirror with guilty eyes but he couldn’t said anything. I just smiled at him and he smiled back. The journey took about half an hour since we all went to a not-so-near shopping mall. I can saw the car entering a fancy neighbourhood that was probably a rich families neighbourhood. Then, I saw the car entered a house compound. The house was quite big and my instinct told me that the house belonged to the Byun’s family. My jaw almost dropped when I saw a lot of cars , expensive cars to be exact, parked at the garage. They were so beautiful and classy.

 

“Miss Rahael, we have arrived. Welcome and I hope you will enjoy staying here for a while.” Mr.Choi went out and help me to open the door. Baekhyun was still sleeping soundly like a baby that he even didn’t listened to his surrounding. I bet when there’s explosion of atom bomb, he still will be sleeping.

 

“Thank you ajusshi. I will and thanks again.”

“No problem, my lady. Well you can go inside first while waiting for me to wake young master up. Go on. And don’t worry, his mom already knew that you are coming. She’s waiting inside.”

“Oh really? Okay then. I’ll be walking inside.”

 

I walked towards the entrance and saw a figure inside. From her appearance, I could tell that the figure was Baekhyun’s mother. I knocked the door and she opened it. For the first time, I saw a middle aged woman greet me cheerfully like I was one of her family member.

 

“Come in dear! I know you are tired. Let’s get you clean up and you can go straight to your bed. Oh! Have you eaten your dinner yet?”

“T-Thank you—“

“You can call me eomma. I want you to call me that from now on dear.” She smiled.

“Thank you eom-eomma. It’s okay. You don’t have to get yourself trouble. I can do it on my own. And, I haven’t ate dinner yet. Just drank some coffee in the car.”

“Awww look at you. So cute. Aigoo.” She pinched my cheek so hard that they turned tomato red.

“Eomma, stop pinching her cheeks. It seemed hurt. Aish, you always like this when the person you like come and visit.” Baekhyun facepalmed himself.

“Yah! Don’t mind my business! It’s your fault for bringing her home late at night. You should have send her first and go out for the second time.”

“It’s okay Baekhyun. Actually I like it. I always wanted for someone to greet me like this when I arrived. Hehe”

“Oh really, arasseo. I’ll be upstairs to clean up and eomma, please don’t do that.” Baekhyun went to his room leaving me with his mother.

“So, let’s go to your room and after that, I’ll be preparing foods for dinner. Baekhyun’s appa will be back soon and we can dinner together.”

“Okay eomma. Let’s go.”

 

She smiled at me and reached for my hand. She dragged me upstairs with a very happy face and opened the door.

 

“Baekhyun’s room is beside this room. Anything you need, you can just call him. Don’t worry, you don’t have to go out to call him. Just call his name. This room and his room are not soundproof. I’ll be going to the kitchen then.”

“Okay eomma. I’ll clean myself up quickly and go to help you with dinner.”

“Aigoo~ Just take your time. I really want you to take a rest first. It’s okay and by the way, I have my personal helpers to help me. Thank you for your kindness dear.” She patted my head and closed the door.

 

I was looking through the closet to choose what to wear when I heard someone knocking my door. It was Baekhyun and he asked me to open the door.

 

“Rahael ah, here are your things that I bought at the mall.I hope you will like it.” I looked down at both of his hands that were full of paper bags. Again, my jaw almost dropped to the ground.

“Y-yah, why you bought so much things for me? I am just staying here for the night only. Not forever.”

“But when I went to the shops, I just can’t resist to buy you pretty clothes.” He rubbed his neck.

“Ahh, really? You must be spending thousands of Won buying me this clothes. And, why did you go to expensive boutique? You can just go to some clothing stores.” I was feeling so guilty because all the clothes that he bought are from well-known boutiques.

“It’s okay. Really. Anyway, it’s my favourite boutique after all. The clothes there are so comfortable to wear and it is winter so you really need comfortables clothes. I don’t want you to freeze until death during this winter.” He face blushed.

“Okay then, if you say so. Thank you very much for buying me these. I really appreciate it.” I kissed his right cheek.

“Y-you’re welcome Rahael. Go clean up and we can eat dinner together. I’ll be waiting at my room.” He closed the door and went back to his room.

 

I took all the paperbags inside and saw many types of clothes and surprisingly, SHOES. He sure got a really good taste in clothing because the clothes that he bought for me were so pretty and also comfortable. I went to the bathroom and clean up myself.

 

After a while, I heard knocking from the door again. I looked at the time and I guess it was it was dinner. I quickly opened the door and Baekhyun lead me to the diningroom.