Chapter 12

Last Winter With You

Baekhyun

 

I was walking across Rahael’s classroom when I saw Rahael was talking to one of her friends. Her boy-friend , I guess. He was ruffling her hair just like I did earlier this morning. *I really wished that I could go to her and drag her out but reality took me in. I just can’t go there and drag her out. What would she think? I’m not her boyfriend or even her bestie. * So, I just let out a heavy sigh and walked away.

While I was walking away from her classroom, I bumped into someone and that someone was Kyungsoo.

“Anyeong Baekhyun hyung. “ He gave me a wide smile with his pair of owl eyes.

“O-oh, anyeong Kyungsoo. How are you?” I rubbed the back of my neck.

“I’m fine. Nothing much going on. How about you hyung?”

“Same here.”

“So, are you going to class now? If you are, I want to walk with you.”

“Yes I am and khaja! Let’s go!” I hooked my left arm with his right elbow and we walked to the classroom.

“Hyung?” He eyed my arm. I just laughed and let go of it. We arrived at the class and luckily the teacher was still not there. If he was there, I bet Kyungsoo and I will have to stay outside his whole class. I quickly went to my desk and took out my homework that Rahael helped me this morning. I really can’t imagine what will I be if she didn’t help me.

“Wow hyung, this is the first time I saw your homeworks are done. What had happened to you in the weekend?”

“Haha, nothing happened. I just had the mood to do them. So yeah~”

“But it is Calculus. Since when you can do them by yourself? Baekhyun hyung~” Kyungsoo wiggled his right eyebrow playfully.

“Y-yah! I just did them by referring to the notes given.” Then, the teacher arrived and all my classmates went back to their seats. The class started with his nagging as usual. But suddenly, he called someone to come into our class. And that someone was, Rahael.

“May I introduced to all of you, Miss Cha Ra Hael. She will be my calculus assistant. Although she is still in her first year, but I think all of you can be ashamed of yourself because Rahael’s calculus level is almost the same as me, your teacher. She will be in our calculus class until the mid-term. Rahael-shi, you can go and sit beside Jaehwa. Jaehwa, raise your hand please.”

His announcement just made me felt so , I don’t know how to describe it. When I saw Rahael walked towards Jaehwa, I felt a pang in my heart. Well, if Jaehwa was a girl, then I will maybe, just maybe accept it. She smiled at him and he just removed his bagpack that was on her new seat. I also saw them shake their hands. *I wish I was him* My heart could not take it anymore.

“Excuse Mr. Jongdae, can I exchange my seat next to the window? I feels dizzy sitting next to the inner window.” I was hoping that he could volunteered to exchange his seat with me.

“Baekhyun-shi, I can change my seat with him.” Finally, my prayer was answered. Jaehwa stood up and walked towards me. I just bowed at him and thanked him. He just smiled and I saw Kyungsoo was looking at me with a smirk.

“What?!” I mouthed at him. He just shook his head and looked back to the LCD screen in front. I took my things and went to sit beside my lovely Rahael. “Anyeong” I gave her my rectangle smile. She just nod and continued to focus throughout the lesson. For the whole lesson, I didn’t realise that I was staring at her without focusing on Mr. Jongdae’s class.

“Baekhyun-shi, can you solve this question?” Suddenly he pointed me to answer the difficult question. “N-neh seongsaenim.” I walked towards the whiteboard and took the marker on the table. *How to solve this?!* I just stood there, not moving an inch, because I really didn’t know how to answer that. Then, Rahael came beside me and took the marker from me. She solved the question within two minutes and “Done!” she smiled. I took a look at her answer and damn, her answer was written fully, made the whiteboard full of answers. *She’s a real genius. Why she did not want to skip her grades? I mean, her level of IQ was almost the same like college or university student.

“It seems like you really didn’t focus in my class, Baekhyun-shi. You didn’t even know how to solve this. But, it is forgivable because actually, I purposely gave a Cambridge level question. Now, go back to your seat.” The whole class let out the ‘WOW’ sounds because yeah, she just solved a very high level question.

“Wow, you are really something Rahael-ya. Next time, I want you to help me with my homeworks. Just help me by giving the tips not by doing them. Can you?”

“Arasseo Baekhyunnie.” She gave me her eyesmile. She was so pretty.

The bell rung and Rahael had to go back to her class since she only have to come here on Calculus lesson. She packed her things and went out from my classroom. *I miss her already* The next lesson started and so as the others. Kyungsoo came to me when the last class ended and he was having his childish grin with him.

“Yah! Hyung! Why did you leave me alone? How could you go and sit beside her?” He pouted. “Kyungsoo-ya, you know that when you pouts, you really have an ugly face didn’t you?” He took his arms and gave me a headlock. *Kyungsoo’s headlock is the worse and painful headlock ever. I could die if he didn’t retrieve quickly.* “How could you do that to your beloved hyung?” This time, I was the one who pouted. “Hyung, you do know that your face becomes uglier when you pouts.” It was not Kyungsoo who said that but my one and only evil maknae. He was laughing while holding his stomach. “Hyung, you looked hideous doing that.” He stucked his tongue out at me.

“Yah! Why did you hung up when I was talking to you? I was really hungry at that time !” I gave him a glare. “Aigoo, I’m so sorry. But, not so sorry.” He suddenly ran away from me. I chased him across the lockers pathway. *I may be 17 but my inside is still 7.* I bumped into someone and the books that she was holding fell down. I stopped and help her without even looking who is she. “I’m very very sorry. I was cha-“ My words was cut off when she said “Yah! Don’t be so careless next time Baekhyunnie.” It was Rahael.

“I’m really sorry Rahael-ya. Here.” I gave her back her books. Both of us stood up and I rubbed the back of my neck. “So, lunch together?” I asked. “Okay, when?” “After school. I’ll wait at the car. Don’t be late. Arachi?” She nodded and a ruffled her hair. “Yah! You are ruining my hair again! Why is everybody want to ruin my hair today?” she pouted. *Ah! I really want to pinch her chubby cheeks* But then, I remembered that I wasn’t the only one who did that to her. I let out a sigh. “Why are you sighing?” “Ah, nothing Rahael-ya. Come on, let’s go back to our classes.” I forcefully let out a smile and we walked back to class.

“Yah! Where is this hyung? Why am I running like a maniac when there’s no one who actually chase me??”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Yeay an update! I hope all of you will like it. Sorry for not updating this earlier. I had my mid-term exams starting from this week until the next two weeks. Btw, have you bought EXODUS? I got mine and really love it. I feels so lucky when I got the cover and poster that I chose. Some of the buyers only got random covers though. I got Kai's cover and poster and also Baekhyun's photocard. Baek is so cute in the photocard. Okay, I'm signing out now. Bye ^^