You are everywhere

The Part Timer

 

Sunggyu stretches his body as he walks out of his study room. The house seems too quiet. Normally, with his five younger brothers around, the place sounds like the morning market. When they renovated the house, he has originally made his study room soundproof, so as not to disturb the others when he composes late at night. But now, it serves the purpose of keeping out the ruckus his brothers made when he’s doing his work.

 

 

Thinking back to the time when he had first met them, Sunggyu is so grateful all of them are getting along so well now as compare to before. He feels the scar on his head that’s hidden by his hair, and thinks it is all worth it. His injury has somehow brought them together as a family. But it also comes with some unexpected side effects. The boys have developed an over sense of protectiveness, which sometime makes him thinks that he’s the maknae instead of their hyung.

 

 

His friends have all mentioned he won’t be able to get into a relationship that easily since his brothers are too possessive. Normal girlfriend, or rather boyfriend in his case, only needs to deal with one over bearing mother in law, but his will have to handle five. Sunggyu isn’t blind to the mischief his brothers done to people who might be interested in him. He lets them be simply because he isn’t interested in who so ever, and plus it also makes his brothers happy. Anyway, he thinks that anyone who gives up that easily wouldn’t be suitable as his partner. The person after all, will need to get along with his five brothers if they really become a couple.

 

 

Speaking of the suitable candidate, the image of the guy with big expressive eyes and infectious smile pops into Sunggyu’s mind. He chuckles at the memory of being called a strawberry cutie. Seems like the lovely dovey act Jongie has put on or the death-threatening glares the others have directed at him have not discouraged his interest. Sunggyu feels a slight regret not getting to know that guy at the amusement park. But Yeollie is there, and he is one who’s not afraid to make a scene to get his hyung away. Sunggyu just wants to save himself from embarrassment and also probably the guy’s job. Sunggyu makes a note to get at least the guy’s name if they ever meet again.

 

 

But for now, glancing at the clock, he has 20 minutes before his favourite show starts. He has ample time to make himself a cup of strawberry tea and enjoy some peace before the noisy bunch joins him for the show. Opening the kitchen cupboard, he groans at the empty box, how could he had forgotten he has taken the last teabag before going to work in the study room. After some pausing to consider his options, Sunggyu grabs his wallet and makes his way out. There’s a 24 hours convenience shop just a street away and he knows they sell what he needs. He should be able to make it back in time for the show.  

 

 

The door of the convenience shop slides open accompanied by a blast of cold air from the air-conditioned interior. Sunggyu hurries down one of the small aisle which he knows houses the strawberry tea. He grabs a box and makes his way to the counter. The box however, remains in his hands as he looks at the guy manning the cashier counter. The guy grins and Sunggyu feels himself grinning back. Instead of speaking, the guy suddenly darts around checking the surroundings and heaves a sigh of relief before exclaiming.

 

 

You are alone!

 

 

Sunggyu laughs at the guy’s reaction. Remembering the promise he made to himself earlier, he first puts the box of teabags down on the counter.

 

 

I like to pay for this. But before that, can you tell me your name and why do I meet you everywhere?

 

 

I’m Dongwoo! And I work part time at all the places we have met!

 


 

This is the end. And it links to what happen in the first chapter. Thank you dear readers!

Wait! Please put down all the weapons in your hands. Let's talk this out amicably. This is what I have planned initially. I like to ask is anyone interested to know more or stopping here is the perfect ending for this story? I'm still battling out in my mind to stick to my original plan or write the Donggyu interaction which is tempting me. Your comments will be much appreciated.