At the gym

The Part Timer

 

Hyung, you are not going to burn any calories if you just sit here. This is a workout bench, not a bench in the park. You suppose to exercise on it, not sit here like the ahjussi in the park …

 

I’m exercising.

 

Really? Because I’m sure you been just sitting there for the past 15mins.

 

I’m thinking. It’s a form of exercise also. For the mind, you know. It’s very important.

 

My laughter burst out uncontrollably after hearing the conversation. Luckily I’m behind the divider and the two males didn’t notice my presence. No, I’m not eavesdropping on them. I’m just doing my job, replenishing clean towels for the gym users. I can’t help it if I overheard their talk, blame it on the thin divider wall.

 

You can think at home, what’s so important that you need to be thinking about it now?

 

You said they provide drinks in the pantry?

 

Yes, so?

 

Do you think they have anything in strawberry flavour?

 

The strawberry part catches my attention. What’s the chance of meeting a guy who likes strawberry flavour that much? Could it really be the same person? I hasten to finish the job on hand, squeezing the towels into the cabinet. I can arrange it nicely later but now, I just need to confirm my hunch. I walk out of the locker area and heads towards the source of my premonition.

 

What, that’s what you been thinking all the time sitting here?

 

Not really, I’m taking a break. It’s tiring after so much exercise.

 

Hyung, you only been on the treadmill for 20mins …

 

Yeah, I did good right?

 

I turn the corner and catch the exasperated look on the face of the standing guy. He looks ready to smack the hyung on the bench but the seated guy must be making some faces at him since he chuckles instead. He patted the guy’s head.

 

Yes, yes, you done well for a first timer.

 

The younger man obviously is someone who works out often, his sculptured body showing in his tight fitting tank top. But no, I’m not interested in him. My attention is on the male in an oversize tee shirt, slouching lethargically on the bench back facing me at the moment. The back view looks really familiar.

 

Ahem … you really shouldn’t overdo yourself if you just started exercising.

 

The younger male immediately turns his attention to me, eyeing me suspiciously. I smile apprehensively at him, ignore his questioning gaze and focus my attention on the male who is slowly turning around.

 

You should take it slow, yes, haha … have more breaks. Haha … do you need a drink? We have yoghurt drink in our pantry, strawberry flavoured ones!

 

I nervously spout at him, laughing awkwardly as I speak. The squeak at the end makes me cringes. I can’t help it, it’s like the starter gun went off and my heart begins racing once he has turned around. His basketball shorts has ridden slightly up his thighs and exposes more of his milky white skin. I will myself not to stare at his legs, I definitely don’t want to come across like a ert.

 

Once again, his eyes light up hearing strawberry being mentioned. It seems to trigger something in him though as he suddenly squints his eyes on me. He points at me and smiles, his eyes completely disappearing into crescent slits.

 

It’s yo …

 

No, he doesn’t need a drink. We are leaving.

 

The other male has walked over and is currently standing in between us, his stance intimidating although he keeps a smile on his face.

   

We are leaving?

 

Yes, hyung.

 

Can we go to the pantry bef …

 

The smile on the younger face seems to crack up a bit.

 

No, we are leaving now! I will get you a strawberry ice cream later, okay.

 

He pulls the seated male up, circles his hand around the waist and guides him away.

 

But Hyunnie, you haven’t done any exercise yet. All you did was asking me to work harder.

 

That’s a slight falter in the younger male’s steps, before they continue on their way.

 

My heart is done with the racing, and is pulsating in an exciting manner. He remembers me.

 


 

It's not the most popular woogyu also :p We are finally counting down to the last three!!!

@ fellowInspirit : sorry to disappoint you. I hope you continue reading although it's not your OTP.

@ sasofy : does this chapter make it clearer to you? or confuse you even more?

Everyone, thanks for reading. Do subscribe and comment if you like the story. See you in the next chapter, hopefully soon cos I'm going to be very busy till Apr.