Below radar

The Part Timer

 

On the other side in the study room, Sunggyu is busy. Not with his supposing composition but rather skyping with Dongwoo. Thank goodness for the soundproof room, he need not worry about his brothers hearing any of the conversation. But in case any of his brothers comes into the room, Dongwoo knows the drill. Sunggyu will cut the line immediately and will only call back when clear of danger. Sometimes, they won’t have a chance to connect again but the older will always text him later in the night.

 

They have not suspected anything right?

 

Not at the moment but Jongie is done with his exams so we have to be more careful now. He was too busy with his final exams to really pay attention on me. So far we have been successfully fooling the others but Jongie has always has been way more perceptive than the rest.

 

Wow, he sounds like a human radar from the way you are describing.

 

And very shrewd too. I’m quite sure he is the mastermind behind all the pranks on my previous suitors.

 

Dongwoo has learnt that the guys who were with the older when they had met initially are Sunggyu’s over possessive brothers. He definitely agrees on the possessive part since he still remember their lover like behavior and also not forgetting the menacing stares he received. Sunggyu has explained those are the standard methods his brothers use to deter anyone who might be interested in him. The older has also sheepishly admitted that there might be more extreme actions if his brothers catch on what the two of them have been doing.

 

Well, then this news I’m going to announce come just at the right time.

 

Dongwoo makes some drum rolling sounds while he imitates the drum beating action.

 

Tah, tah! The store manager has agreed to let me have the part time job permanently. I will send you my timetable once I get it. Then you can come and find me anytime! And I mean it, anytime! Like in the morning if you need your strawberry milk. Or in the afternoon when you want some fresh strawberries. And in the evening, hmm… what can you get in the evening?

 

Sunggyu smiles at the male who is scratching his head, trying to come up with possible suggestions. He offers some ideas.

 

I can probably get ramen or …

 

Right! You can come for strawberry ramen! But but we don’t have strawberry ramen. Should I talk to my store manager and ask him to stock strawberry ramen? Let me call him now. I’m sure he will be able to find the item for you!

 

Woo, Dongwoo!

 

Sunggyu manages to get Dongwoo’s attention away from the phone call he is about to make. He chuckles at the confused expression on the younger’s face. He knows Dongwoo always tries to get hold of as many strawberry items for him but strawberry ramen?

 

Woo, I really appreciate your efforts but I will prefer the normal ramen.

 

Really? Not strawberry ones?

 

Sunggyu nods repeatedly. Dongwoo finally puts down his phone seeing the furiously nodding older and resumes their previous conversation.

 

So as I was saying, you can pop by anytime to visit me when I’m working my shift. Furthermore, my friends will let me help out at the gym and dance studio on the days your brothers come for their sessions. Isn’t this great!

 

Dongwoo does a little celebrating dance, swinging his hands wildly in the air, at the same time signals Sunggyu to join in the fun. The older ponders for a while but finally gives in and follows Dongwoo’s actions after the younger pouts at him. Both of them burst out in laughter amidst the dance. They are happy, even though they haven’t been able to go out for normal dates.  

 

Yea, that’s what the two have been doing since they met at the convenience store. They plan their dates at places Dongwoo does his part time. Although their sessions are pretty short but they are always sweet and memorable. This arrangement works well for them as they have managed to evade any suspicion from Sunggyu’s brothers. The older has apologized numerous times for their limited time together but Dongwoo has always brushed the matter off laughingly, saying aren’t they like the spy couple in the movie.

 

Sunggyu has never met anyone who is so positive in their thinking but Dongwoo seems to be able to always see things differently. To be able to see something good in everything. For now, they just enjoy the thrills of their secret meet ups.

 

Can you come out tonight? The weather is nice and I’m thinking maybe we can take a walk in the park.

 

All the boys are in tonight. I don’t think I can slip away without being notice.

 

That’s too bad. Hey, don’t look so sad, how about I slip into your house?

 

Dongwoo winks at Sunggyu, making suggestive eye expressions as he tries to cheer up the older. Sunggyu giggles and feels relieve that the younger isn’t angry with him. Although he knows Dongwoo is joking, Sunggyu seriously contemplates the suggestion for a moment. He really wants to spend more time with the younger. Before he can make any reply, the study room door opens abruptly.

 

Hyung! I’m finally done with my exams! Did you miss me?

 


 

I'm finally back with a new chapter after MIA for 3 months! If you have been waiting for this update (I hope some kind souls still remember this story), I'm sorry for the long absence.

Besides being busy with my work, I also got a bit dishearten since there wasn't any comments after posting chapter 10. I was beginning to think maybe I should have stop at chapter 8 according to my initial plan. But I gotten a few new subscribers along the way and that gave me some motivation to write on.

Thanks for reading and do leave me lots of comments please ^.^

@ Deavea : Thanks for your comment. It's the last push for me to finish this chapter :)