Enigmas

The Part Timer

 

Doesn’t anyone thinks the same as me? That hyung is a bit too happy these days? He’s not doing well with his composition but he is still in a ridicules good mood.

 

Sungjong scans the room, waiting for someone to concur with his thoughts. The few of them are once again gathered in the game room for their regular meetings. Their mentioned hyung is currently working inside his study, something he has been doing very frequently for the past weeks. He has told them he’s having difficulty with his score composition and need to spend more time on it.

 

What’s wrong with being happy? It’s definitely better than a grouchy hamster. He even offered to accompany me to my dance classes when he’s not working on his music.

 

Hoya replies nonchalantly as he flips through his magazine. He doesn’t understand why the maknae is bothered about Sunggyu hyung being happy.

 

Now that you mentioned, hyung also followed me to the gym. But most of the time he stayed at the pantry. I think he is just there for their strawberry yoghurt drinks. I don’t really expect him to workout. Haha … I still want my fluffy hamster.

 

Woohyun laughs at his own words. He can’t imagine a muscular Sunggyu. His hyung looks the best being a tiny bit chubby. They have too many thin and muscular guys among them, he doesn’t need another one. Sunggyu is unique and he prefers it stays that way. Plus, his hyung makes the perfect pillow when he wants to take a nap.

 

And both of you don’t think that’s odd? Hyung prefers to stay in his comfortable bed all the time if possible. Why will he go with both of you when he doesn’t dance or exercise? We literally have to lure him out with strawberry treats most of the time!

 

Sungjong fumes, he can’t believe the idiocy of the two guys. How is he even brother with them! He turns to Myungsoo and Sungyeol who are busy whispering among themselves. He gestures to them to speak up.

 

Ah … we didn’t notice this before but hyung hasn’t been sending us out to buy anything for him for the past weeks. He goes out to buy all his stuffs, sometimes ours also, himself. Now that we think of it, something definitely doesn’t feels right. We were just too glad not having to run errands to mind the changes previously.

 

Sungyeol hides behind Myungsoo as he admits to their poor observations. He doesn’t want to be in the line of fire if Sungjong goes rampage on them. Suddenly realizing it’s not safe for him to be facing Sungjong after catching the gleam in the maknae’s eyes, Myungsoo hurries over to the two oldest in the room with Sungyeol tailing closely behind. Both the taller males grab one of the older as a shield.

 

Yah, what are the two of you doing?

 

You have the responsibility to protect your younger siblings.

 

Myungsoo answers Woohyun solemnly as he pushes the older towards Sungjong’s direction. Sungyeol does the same to Hoya. The two gulp nervously as they see the maknae approaches them. No, of course they are not scared. They are supposing the fittest of the bunch. But … scratch that, can they just huddle together in the corner? Sungjong is real scary when he’s angry.      

 

You two better recall properly now! Did hyung meet anyone when he was there with you? Did he talk with anybody? Did you see any anyone suspicious?

 

Woohyun and Hoya couldn’t remember anything significant. Besides, how would they know who’s been talking to their hyung when they were engaged in their own lesson or workout. But they can’t tell that to Sungjong, the maknae is going to kill them. So they pretend to think hard as they subtly inch away from their source of fear when Sungjong turns his attention to the remaining two and bombards them with questions.

 

Was hyung gone for long when he was out buying things? Do you know where he buys the things? Did he ever come back empty handed?   

 

I think he was normally out for less than an hour. I don’t remember anytime he came back with nothing. You suspect hyung went out to meet someone rather than doing the shopping? But he did buy all the things on the list.

 

Myungsoo knows what the maknae is thinking but it doesn’t seems logical to him. Some of the shopping trips were spontaneous. He or Sungyeol had wanted something and hyung had offered to get it for them. Who arranges meet ups at random hour in such short notice right?

 

Sungjong ruffles his hair in annoyance. His gut feeling tells him that their hyung is hiding something from them, he just needs to figure out what it is. But the other four are no help to him since they have been pretty clueless till now. He sighs at the sight of four guys trying to squeeze themselves in a corner that is furthest away from him. He can’t help but think why is he the only sensible one? Isn’t he supposes to be the carefree naïve one?

 

But it’s okay. Now that he’s finished with his exams, he have plenty of time to solve the mystery. Sungjong stands up, surprising the four males who are trying to act inconspicuous in the corner. He gives them a meaningful glare before walking out of the room. The best way to get answer is go straight to the source. Time for a surprise check on Gyu hyung in his study room.

 


 

Oh no ... Sungjong is out to hunt for his prey. Can Sunggyu and Dongwoo remain safe? (Hee, somehow these sentences remind me of The Three Little Pigs Story. Don't mind me, I'm being random) 

 

@ sasofy : Thanks for the prompt reading and commenting :) I really appreciate it!

@ indi1hitwander : So glad you love this pairing :p

 

Thanks to all who read this story especially to those who subscribed or left me comments. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. As usual, please leave me lots of comments!