At the amusement park

The Part Timer

 

Hyung, I see it! Quick, this way. I can’t wait anymore. We need to get on the T Express!

 

 

It’s quite common to see kids and teenagers getting overly excited in the park. Well, it’s an amusement park and it should be exciting with all the different rides it offer. You do however seldom see an adult, I’m gauging maybe in the mid-twenties, that is so excited and at the same time not embarrass to show it. I might not be right about the age though since I can’t really see clearly in this mascot outfit.

 

 

The two males pass by me, tug of war going on. One is trying his best to stand his ground, refusing to go towards the gigantic roller coaster. He latch onto my arm, holding tight, as if I’m his life saving buoy.

 

 

No, I’m not going up with you.

 

 

Hmmm, the voice sounds familiar. I try to tilt my head to have clearer view of the spoken male.

 

 

But hyung, that’s the scariest ride in the park! We must have a go! Let go of your hand.

 

 

I can feel fingers prying off the hand that is grabbing on me. But at the same time, I can feel he still tries to hold on.

 

 

We will go for strawberry cake after the ride.

 

 

One second of distraction and the battle is lost. The grip is loosen and the defeated is being dragged away. I reach out my hand, wanting to grab onto his flapping hand after finally seeing his face clearly from the small opening of my costume.

      

 

Well, you can’t actually grab anything if you do not have fingers. I stare at my costume arm, seriously regretted not choosing the other outfit with fingers. I wanted so much to follow them but my job calls. There is a bunch of kids running towards me, all yearning for photo taking. I train my eyes on him till I lose them in the crowd.

 

      

After ending my session as the mascot, my next assignment is to sell cotton candy at the roadside cart. I keep glancing around, hoping to see him again but so far, no luck at all.

 

Hyung, hyung, I want cotton candy! Let’s buy all of them!

 

The sudden familiar shouting instantly brightens up my aura. I look towards the voice and there he is, once again pull along by the other guy.

 

I’m not getting anything for you. We have just eaten dinner, and you are going to get a tummy upset if you eat anymore titbits.

 

I chuckle hearing the conversation, you would have thought it’s between a mother and her kid rather than two adult guys.

 

Fine! I don’t want cotton candy anymore. Let’s go for another round of the roller coaster!

 

Seeing the immediate stiffening of his body hearing the younger’s words, I’m not sure to laugh or pity him. The younger one sure knows all the right place to hit.

 

Ah… look, they are selling cotton candy at the cart.

 

He makes a beeline towards my cart, with the younger one smiling triumphantly trailing close behind.

 

One cotton candy, please.

 

He is busy fishing out the money from his pocket to notice me or my staring.

 

Sure, but we do not have strawberry flavoured ones. Will that be alright with you?

 

That catches his attention and he finally looks at me, smiling when recognition dawns.

 

Hey, it’s you again. We seems to meet everywhere. And you remember I like strawberry.

 

Yes! We never manage to introduce ourselves so to me, you are the strawberry cutie, no I mean guy.

 

That’s a moment of awkward silence because of my slip of tongue. I’m banging myself inside, hoping he’s not going to walk away just like that. Luckily, he does nothing of that. Instead, he reaches out his hand.

 

I’m Sunggyu.

 

Yes! Finally, I know his name! I nervously straighten myself and reach out my hand and just before I could grasp his, he is once again pulled away.

 

Hyung, the parade is going to start soon. I don’t want the cotton candy anymore.

 

He is being rushed forward by the younger guy, who seems adamant not to let his hyung turn around to face me. The younger one does however turn back and give me a menacing stare. What’s with all his dongsaengs looking at me so threateningly?

 

Yeollie, stop rushing, you can see everything anywhere with your height.

 

That’s the last thing I heard from Sunggyu before losing them once again in the crowd.

 


 

Finally, new chapter after a month break. I'm really busy with work since the last chapter and still going to be busy throughout this month.

The cat is finally out of the bag, probably a OTP not much anticipated by anyone but I always find the interaction between the two hyungs precious.

I hope everyone has enjoyed reading and please leave me some comments.