Hide and Seek

The Part Timer

 

Sunggyu peeks out from his spot and glances at the male who is lazing on the sofa, monopolizing the whole of it. For the past two week since the day the younger had barged into the room with the rest of the boys, Sungjong has been following him into the study room and occupying the same spot. He peeps at the younger again but this time he finds the other looking at him, smiling at him sweetly, too sweetly. He gulps and instinctively hides behind the monitor, away from the preying eyes of the younger.

 

Hyung, are you done with your work?

 

Sungjong strides over from the sofa and perches himself on the armrest of Sunggyu’s chair, wrapping his arms around the elder’s neck. Warning sirens go off in the elder’s head since from experience, a sweet and clingy Sungjong only means trouble. He could only nods his head weakly, what else could he do? He couldn’t possibly admits he has been using work as an excuse to stay in the study room. This place has been the only safe haven in the house where he can talk to Dongwoo freely. Letting out a small sigh, Sunggyu silently cries for his loss of territory. The devil has officially invaded this space and that’s nothing he can do about it.

 

Sunggyu knows he has aroused Jongie’s suspicion and the younger is monitoring him closely. Although he has managed to close the conversation window with Dongwoo when the boys came into the study room two weeks ago, he had stuttered when Jongie looked at him intently and ask about his recent activities. Since that day, he is seldom left alone, the boys are constantly around him, to the extent one of them will bunk in his room at night. He hasn’t meet or talk to Dongwoo for a while. The only thing he managed is sending a few short texts to inform the younger he is being watched and they couldn’t carry on with their daily chatting. He misses Dongwoo’s laughter, Dongwoo’s smiles, Dongwoo’s babbling, he just misses the younger.

 

Looking at his hyung who is lost in thoughts, something the oldest has been doing quite a bit for the past few days, Sungjong knows his intuition is right again. Sunggyu is hiding something from them and it probably involves a person. His hyung behaves exactly like the girls in his school when they are in love, smiling to themselves at odd times, their minds always drifting off. He shouldn’t have trusted the four idiots to do a good job. He was only busy studying for two months and this happened. The worst thing is none of them have any idea who’s Sunggyu is meeting. How can he plan anything when there’s no target! With no concrete elimination plan, the only thing they can do is stick to their hyung all the time.

 

It shouldn’t go on like this, they need to find out who’s the invader! But unlike the previous times, their hyung is really secretive and has not left any clue. Staying passive is no longer the way, Sungjong knows he has to change his strategy. He needs to lure out that person, and he just has the perfect bait.  

 

Hyung, my professor wants to see me regarding my thesis tomorrow so I would not be able to accompany you to do grocery shopping. I will see any of the hyungs could help you out, though I seem to remember they are all tied up also.

 

Sunggyu tries his best to stay calm and not shouts out in ecstasy. Straightening his face to wipe the smile that is trying to escape, he takes a deep breath before speaking to the youngest.

 

It is okay, Jongie. Your study is more important. I can manage the shopping myself. You need not worry about me.

 

Are you sure? I can ask my professor to change the date. Or I get Woohyun hyung to change his appointment, I’m sure he will be willing.

 

No!

 

Sungjong raises his brows at the loud rejection. Sunggyu quickly adds his explanation.

 

I mean I don’t want to trouble you, Woohyun or any of the boys. It’s just buying grocery, not anything important.

 

Well, since you said so, it’s settled then. We should go prepare dinner, the others will be home soon.

 

You go ahead. I join you in a while. I just need to tidy the table and off the computer.

 

Sunggyu watches the youngest leaves the room and only fishes out his phone to text Dongwoo after hearing noise in the kitchen.

 

The same time in the kitchen, Sungjong is also texting.

 

Hunting tomorrow.

 

He receives immediate replies.

 

Finally! My fists are ready!

 

Bringing my sword!

 

Bringing my cat!

 

Ah … wearing my Sherlock Holmes costume. Anyone want one?

 


 

Sorry for the another 3 months of absence. I swear I did not forget this story, it's just that I keep rewriting after 2 paragraphs and the chapter never progresses anything further than that. Still not 100% satisfy with this chapter but I hope you still enjoy reading it. Leave me comments ok?

@ochibi : I tend to skip time between chapters and never account for their normal activities :p So now they are sort of going out on dates as more than friends and working towards being a couple :)