The hunt

The Part Timer

 

Sungjong feels tired. What has he done in his previous life to deserve these? These referring to his idiotic brothers and their ridiculous behaviors. He should have known they couldn’t be trusted with anything important. Looking at the texts they had been sending him just made his blood boiled. He had planned several stalk out points along the route from their home to the supermarket and everyone had their position. Woohyun would be first, Hoya next followed by Sungyeol and then Myungsoo. He himself will be at the last point, the supermarket. But trust his brothers to make simple things so much complicated. He re-read the messages again.

 

From : Woohyun

Couldn’t see the target clearly. Some distant away.

Wait, target looks familiar, he looks like the guy working at the gym!

Going to kill him! He just put his scarf around hyung and rub his cheeks!

How dare he? Those hamster cheeks belong to me!

I lost them. How did they disappear so quickly? I was only checking my appearance since the wind messed up my perfectly styled hair.

 

Inside the café where Sunggyu has pulled Dongwoo in immediately after seeing the one for one offer on any strawberry flavored drinks, the two males are queueing for their drinks, totally ignorant of being followed.

 

“Are you sure you want the frappe? It’s pretty cold outside today. Your face is already freezing from the wind.”

 

Sunggyu nods enthusiastically at Dongwoo’s concerned expression. Nothing can stop him from getting his favourite drink. Looking at the determined face of the older, Dongwoo decides not to interfere with Sunggyu’s decision.

 

“Then I will get the strawberry hot tea and we can swap if you find yours too cold later.”

 

The order is ready in no time and the duo continue the walk with a drink in their hand. Sunggyu his frappe happily but soon finds it too much for the cold weather. He glances at Dongwoo’s tea and thinks maybe he should have listen to the younger earlier. The younger male upon noticing the Sunggyu’s wishful glances, hands over his tea unconditionally, earning himself a blinding smile. Dongwoo then stretches his hand to wipe off bits of cream at the corner of the older lips while Sunggyu holds on to the hot tea. The older murmurs a sheepish thanks, cheeks slightly blushed. Dongwoo can’t help but smiles brightly at the sight.  

 

From : Hoya

I know that guy! He tends the registration counter at the dance school.

Oh no no no, how can hyung shares his drinks!

I’m so going to cut his hand off. How dare he wipes hyung mouth with his hand!

That’s it, I’m going over now.

, I just got fine for jaywalking! I lost them!

 

Sungjong still feels confuse reading the messages the second time. Is the target the guy working at the gym or the dance studio? Is hyung meeting up with different guys or he just happened to bump into them and the real target has not appear yet? Ignoring the incompetency of the two hyungs, he reads the update from Sungyeol again.

 

From : Sungyeol

I’m bored. Jureumi is bored also. When is hyung coming?

I see them! That guy looks kind of familiar. I definitely seen him from somewhere.

They are getting snacks from the roadside stores. I want some too!

Snack … oh right! He is the one selling cotton candy at the amusement park.

No! Only I can feed hyung! He can’t do that! I’m sending Jureumi after him!

Jureumi ran off after a cockroach!

 

Sunggyu looks intently at the eomuk that Dongwoo is holding out for him. Swallowing his saliva, he really wants to take a bite but the younger has already given him most of the food. This is the last piece and he wants to leave it for Dongwoo but the temptation is so great. He decides to look away while shaking his head.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want it?”

 

Dongwoo chuckling asks the older since he definitely sees Sunggyu looking yearningly at the eomuk. He knows the older is just too polite to take it but feeding the older is one of his new found hobby. Sunggyu always looks so happy and content whenever he is munching food. He takes a small bite on the eomuk and presents the rest to the older.

 

“Let’s share it!”

 

After a few seconds battling out in his mind, Sunggyu gives up the fight and let Dongwoo feeds him the rest of the delicious snack much to the delight of the younger. They soon finished everything and leisurely move on, unaware of the ruckus caused by a runaway cat nearby.

 

From : Myungsoo

My costume isn’t meant for this weather.

Finally. That guy, I think I saw him helping out at some photoshoots.

They are waiting to cross the traffic junction.

He is hugging hyung! I won’t allow that!

My legs are numb from the cold, can’t go after them.

 

Sunggyu is thinking hard at the cross junction. Will Dongwoo hold his hand when they cross the road or should he initiate it? Isn’t that what always happen in the romantic movies? He can’t help but get nervous and excited like a teenager as the traffic lights start to change. He is still indecisive when the green man appears but the decision is made for him. The impatient pedestrian behind him nudge him aside hard and Sunggyu finds himself falling before being pulled into Dongwoo’s hug.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. I got you.”

 

Embarrassed by his own clumsiness, Sunggyu moves away quickly and continues crossing the road, completely forgetting his romantic notions, leaving behind the younger. Dongwoo chuckles at the sped off male, Sunggyu is just too cute, looking all flustered.

 

Sungjong’s head is pounding after re-reading all the messages from his hyungs. Nothing make sense to him. His hyungs just can’t be trusted. Who is the target actually? Is he so common looking that his hyungs all think is someone they know. It is all up to him now as he waits near the supermarket entrance, hiding behind some shelves. He peeps out as Sunggyu walks in with someone. Sungjong strains his eyes, isn’t that guy from the salon?!

 


 

I hope somebody still remembers this story. No excuse for going missing the past few months and left the story hanging. I'm really sorry to anyone who might still be waiting for this update.

Leave me lots of comments! It really gives me motivation to write. Thanks!