Chapter 9 : I Need to Know

The Best Nightmare

Everything's blurry and her head is spinning. Tara blinked her eyes which felt really heavy. Almost like she's been crying for weeks. Now her vision is clear, she's staring at a round lamp on the celling. This room is unfamiliar, the weird strong scent, the atmosphere, it's so different. She took a deep breath and pushed herself to sit when she felt something heavy on her hand.

" Taehyung? " She said. He was sleeping so quietly in a sitting position, as he was resting on her arm. Tara realized that this is his room, she looked on the small wooden table beside her, dried towel, a glass of water, and a medicine plastic. 

" Am i sick? " She questioned. The last thing she remembered was feeling so upset towards Taehyung that she felt she didn't want to do anything else. Not trying to wake him up, Tara slided to the other side of the bed slowly before standing up. She pulled the blanket to cover his body. He only wore a white thin sweater. She walked to the bathroom and splashed her face with a lukewarm water. Dapping her face with a towel she found something weird about herself.

" What is this? " she looked at the mirror to find herself wearing a large shirt that has 'HBA' sign at the middle of it.

" It's mine" Tara jumped in shock to see Taehyung at the side of the bathroom door. He looked very tired and his eccentric orange hair was a mess.

" Y-yours? Why? How did i change into this? " Tara asked in confuse. Taehyung rub his nose tip with the back of his index finger, clearing his throat as is if a rock was stuck inside.

" I'm the who who changed it to you" he said, looking away. Her face turned cherry pink as her blood goes up to her brain. She couldn't help to think that Taehyung already looked at her inside.

" Look, you're really sick, okay? I had to help you. Don't get me wrong. I got no weird intentions on you what so ever. " Tara was so embarassed about that incident. She understands that he's helping her in order to get better, but still she cannot hide this humilliating fact.

~~

" I prepared breakfast, come sit " Tara greeted Taehyung who is walking down the stairs with a wet hair and a towel around his neck. She already changed her clothes into a normal grey hoodie. Even thou Tara can cook well, she never cooked for Taehyung but since he helped her it's exceptional.

" Oh..sure.." He stare at her for a moment before he sat at the table. A delicious looking waffle with a french butter and a maple sauce, just a perfect breakfast. 

"Taehyung.." she started. He was about to enter another spoonfull of a waffle. Since Taehyung was a kid, his parents are always busy and never cooked for him. Only the maid prepare his food. And even if he can eat expensive priced food.. it all felt..empty. But Tara's food was way more beyond delicious, it gave him a bit of a nice feeling.

" I um..i want to say i'm sorry for last night. It must be a real burden that you had to take care of me, and i thank you for that. " Tara kept looking down to her feet, trying to hide her burning face. 

" Don't mind it. I'm the only person here you can rely on" he answered, still eating the waffle. 

" And i suppose you had a promise with your friends? About going somewhere? " 

" Yes, but don't worry. I texted them already about your bad situation. They'll understand " 

" i'm sorry again. I don't know what came up to me. I don't usually lock myself in and do nothing. " Tara said, nervously playing with her finger nails. Even if she didn't realize, Taehyung noticed every detail on her face, the way she spoke innocently, he found it..adorable.

" Tell you what.. if you do feel sorry. You can treat me some hot coffee tonight" 

" yeah... sure . I'll treat you" She answered with a faint smile.

" That reminds me.. i kinda have a weird dream yesterday" Tara said, looking up the celling as if her answer were there.

" What kind of dream? " Taehyung asked, as he took a sip of his hot chocolate.

" Actually someone kissed me" Taehyung choked and burst out the hot chocolate from his mouth. 

" Oh gosh! Are you okay? " Tara quickly took a clean napkin and went towards Taehyung with hot chocolate all over his clothe.

" Yea i'm good. It's fine" he answered shortly.

~~~

" Seriously?! Haha! I pity you" Tara laughed, slowly drink her hot coffee.

" I'm not joking. That day was terrible. I already prepare myself to confess to her but she didn't answer my phone" He replied. They both walk down the street, telling some stories to each other. Neither of them know why they talk like this, it's not like they're close or anything, but they found it comfortable just to walk together, talking about hilarious experiences. 

"What about you? How your first love was like?" He asked back.

" Umm.. you probably won't believe me" Tara answered, looking down at her shoes as they're walking.

" Try me" He said.

" Actually i never been..in love before" 

" No way. You're joking right?" He scoffed.

" I am not joking. It's true, i still haven't find someone who is...well...suits me enough. I don't know, i never think about something like that. I just try to live my life the way it's suppose to be. Especially in things like 'love' , you can't force it. I believe that if the time is right, you will know it." Tara answered with a smile. Taehyung kept on listening with focus. He didn't know that she's actually a nice person. All this time he thought that she's just an attention seeker and someone who only knew how to make others upset. Everytime he thinks of it, he felt guilty for always being rude to her.

" You've got a point there. Anyway thanks for this coffee..it's refreshing" He thanked. They didn't realized that they's already arrived at their house, Tara was about to enter when Taehyung held her wrist which made her looked at him. He moved his hand closer to her cheeks and he touched it.

"You got a coffee smudge on your lips" He said, as he wiped the smudge with his thumb. Taehyung felt his finger on her face..it was soft, like he wants to touch it again. Suddenly he heard a female voice..a crying voice. Both of them searched the source and found a girl sitting at the stairs of their house's enterance. It took a while for Tara to recognize her but Taehyung knew it immediately from the first glance.

" Soo Jung! What happened?" He quickly ran towards her and held her shoulder. She was hugging her knee and kept her head low. Tara was worried to for what happen to her, she knew how important Soo Jung is for Taehyung.

" Is she okay?" Tara asked.

" I don't know..just leave us be" Taehyung ordered.

" Do you want me to bring her water? Or some warm clothes? Or maybe she nee--"

" Just leave us!!" He yelled that made Tara startled. She quickly enter the house and closed the door. What is that? The Taehyung she talked to earlier was gone when Soo Jung was there, he's back to the mean Taehyung.He sat beside Soo Jung, rubbing her arm as if she was cold. 

" Would you mind telling me what happened? " He started.

" I..i didn't get in. My parents were furious, i dissappoint them. I don't know what went wrong, Tae..i mean i learn all the time and i'm sure i did my best already, but why? " She explained. He understand how important this education for her. Soo Jung's parent were very strict about her, especially since she's the only daughter.

" Why don't you talk to them when things are better, i'm sure they will understand. You haven't tell them your reason right? Where did my strong Junggie go? hmm? The Soo Jung i know won't be sad for this kinda stuff  " Taehyung said,giving her a smile. She laughed and wiped off her tears. They joked at each other for a moment until it's almost late.

" Thanks Taetae! You never failed to make me feel better. " 

" Of course..whenever you need me, let me know" 

"Promise? " Soo Jung asked, showing her pinkie finger.

" Promise" Taehyung answered as he did the same.

" But what about your wife?" Soo Jung asked. Taehyung just realized that he just yelled at Tara. He never actually want to do that, he didn't think clearly. What if she's mad again?

" Don't worry about her, she'll be okay" 

~~~

Taehyung returned home after he drove Soo Jung back to her house. Taehyung went upstairs and met Tara who's about to go downstairs. Her hair is wet and he can smell the vanilla shampoo she always use. Tara didn't noticed that Taehyung was in front of him, when she realized, she was surprised which made Tara tripped to the front. Taehyung quickly threw himself to catch her so both of them are hugging, with her hands on his shoulder, and his hand on her back. Tara's heart were beating hard. 

" Sorry." Tara quickly pushed Taehyung's shoulder away, when Taehyung pulled her body back, keeping both of them hugging at each other. 

" A moment..stay like this just for a moment" He said with his deep voice. Tara got goosebumps all over her body. Taehyung are testing himself. He wants to know this weird feeling towards her...but nothing..no nervous feeling or anything...although he felt comfortable, almost like he's known her forever.

' Just as i thought..a mistake' He said to himself, pushing Tara away.

"What was that?" She asked in a total confuse.

" Nothing..just a friendly hug. Be careful at walking next time" He said as he was going up to his room.

" A friendly hug? "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_mwcme0JQQr1spoawio1_500.gif