Chapter 13 : Chance?

The Best Nightmare

They stayed like that for a while, Tara thought he was somehow asleep in that awkward position until he coughed. Tara free herself from Taehyung's hug. 

" Look at you, you're soaking. You'll catch a cold like this. Wait here, i'll bring you some clothes" Tara said and stood up but Taehyung held her hand.

" I'm..fine. Can't you stay with me? " He asked and looked up towards Tara. Even when the electricity is out, the light from the outside of the window is enough.

" Yah.. you fool. Who told you to come all the way here in the middle of this heavy rain...wait here,ok? I'll be back" Tara quickly went to Taehyung's room to take a sweater and long training pants. As soon as she returns, he curled himself on the floor, freezing from the cold air.

" Here..change into this,i'll be waiting outside" Tara waited outside the door, the electricity was still off, but she didn't have any time to be a wimp. 

"You done?" She asked. Taehyung replied faintly but enough for Tara to hear it.

" Here, sleep in my bed. Will you be okay? Should i get you some medicine? " Tara said and helped him to go up to the bed. She covered his body with a blanket.

"No..i just need a rest. That's all. " Taehyung replied.

" Oh..alright then " Tara said and opened her closet to take an extra blanket.

" Ya..where do you think you're going to sleep? " He spoke. Even when he's sick, he still got that bossy attitude.

" The sofa downstairs..or not..just at your room. I'm flexible, don't worry " Tara spoke with a smile at the edge of her lips.

" Psh..you're a coward. You can't possibly be there alone. " Taehyung said with his weak voice.

" That's why you should call the electricity guy to come and fix this. I don't want everytime there's a heavy storm outside, the lights will go off." Tara complained and pouted, Taehyung laughed a bit to see her reaction. Sometimes she still acts like a 10 years old. 

" Alright i'll do it later " Taehyung said. Tara nod and only stood near the door.

" What are you doing there? Go to sleep.." He ordered and went to sleep. Tara took a portable bed and put it on the floor beside her bed. Soon she fell asleep. Taehyung on the other side, can't be able to sleep. He looked at Tara who already drifted to her dreamland. He tucked a strand of her hair to the back of her ear. He watched her face closely and smiled.

" Sweetdreams..geek face "

~~~

The next morning Tara woke up by the door bell. That one familiar damned doorbell which kept bothering her. Taehyung was still asleep. Seems like he's better now. Tara rub her eyes and fixed her eyeglass as she went downstairs to open the door. 

" Good morning " Soo Jung greeted. 

" Ah..yes " 

" Is Taehyung inside? Can i come in? " She asked and about to walk inside when Tara blocked her.

" He's not feeling very well " Tara spoke.

" He isn't ? Let me see him " Once again Tara blocked her way.

" He's fine now. I don't think you should meet him today " Tara said. Soo Jung stood still for a moment before giving Tara a smirk. 

" I know him better than anyone. If he's sick or anything, i know what's best for him " She explained. 

" You don't have to. He didn't need you " Tara replied.

" yah.. what are you trying to say? " 

Tara was sweating, she was confused indeed, her feelings were mixed up. Anger, confuse, fear? But one thing she knew is that she won't let Soo Jung do as she pleased.

" Why would he need his friend when there's his wife?  " Tara spoke, with a doubts in her words, but good enough to light a fire up against Soo Jung. She showed a slight anger in her face, only for her to cover it with a smile.

" Tara-sshi..perhaps you remember our last conversation, yes ? Judging by your face...you seemed like a smart person who knows very well how to make a wise decision. " As the argue was getting stronger, Tara knew she can't lose up towards Soo Jung's baits. She had to keep up. 

" I remember..clearly. And since you know that i'm wise at making a decision, you should know my answer already "

" You're crazy..you know you'll never win against me..don't you see? Taehyung always loved me..it's just that i never accepted him. While you? He never loved you. The only thing that keeps you both together are this marriage. " Soo Jung explained. Tara knew that Soo Jung's words are true. It's just a matter of time until they get a divorce, and he will be with Soo Jung. Even when she knew it, she still want to try, humans are selfish, it's their natural habit, still for a slightest chance she get, she will try.

" We just had to wait and see.." Tara said.

" Please... do it while i'm still nice..do it before you get hurt in the end" Soo Jung said her last words before she left the house. Tara inhaled, letting out her nervous feelings. She decided to cook some porridge for Taehyung. He was playing with his phone on Tara's bed. Good thing to know that he got better already.

" I cooked a chicken porridge. " Tara said.

" oh..thanks..and for last night. " He replied.

" i guess we're even. You helped me, i helped you. "

" we are then " Taehyung gave a smile. Tara put the food tray on his lap.

" Taehyung? " Tara asked slowly, fixing her eye glass. 

" What is it?" He paused.

" I like you..." Taehyung froze for a moment, trying to arrange the answer. 

" Umm..you do? " He asked with a bit of his sinister smile at the edge of his lip.

" Yes...i like you..to move from my room as soon as possible. " Tara spoke. He almost choked himself to heard her answer.

" Wh-what? " 

" This is my room! Don't you know the backpain i had for sleeping at the floor! Who told you to ran all the way here in the heavy rain? " Tara scold him and get out of the room. She leaned her back towards the door and touched her chest.

" what are you doing Choi Tara? trying to confess? What the heck did i expect? I must be retarded or something" Tara scoffed. 

----------------------------------------

 

CBqkqSkUMAA8VGd.jpg:large