Chapter 11 : Do you?

The Best Nightmare

" Mother? Father?!" Taehyung said, he thought it was Soo Jung who came this morning, he didn't expect it was his parents.

" My boy " His mother hugged.

" Son.." His father greeted

" What are you doing here? " Taehyung asked.

" Can't we? We've been busy these days so we hadn't got any time to visit you and your wife. Now since we got a spare time, we thought to come here." His father explained.

" Speaking of wife, where's Tara? I'd like to see her. " His mother said, entering the house, followed by his father. 

" Umm.. i think she's umm..still asleep. I'll wake her up" He nervously said and quickly going upstairs to Tara's room. He knocked it slowly, not wanting his parents to hear it. 

" What is it? " She asked, looking half asleep.

" My parents here!" 

" What?!"  Tara quickly go to the bathroom and brush her teeth, washed her face and comb her hair. 

" Better " She said to herself in front of the mirror. 

" Hello dear.." Taehyung's mother greeted, hugging Tara.

" Mother.." Tara do the same. She felt awkward calling her mother since she never meant to marry Taehyung.

" Hello father " Tara greeted, with a bow. 

" So, are you two doing well? " He asked.

" Very well, father, you don't need to worry." Taehyung said, as he cling his arms around Tara's shoulder. 

" I can't wait to see my grandchildren " His mother said, slowly clapping her hands.

" What?!!" Both Taehyung and Tara yelled. 

" Oh my..why is it? It's normal for a marriage couple. I had Taehyung when i was nineteen myself. " His mother explained. 

" Yeah..we just.. didn't want to rush things " Tara smiled awkwardly. 

" By the way..why are you both didn't wear your wedding ring? It's an important symbol that bonds you together" His mother said.

" we..um..i..a.." Taehyung stuttered.

" we didn't want to lose it. Both of us can be clumsy sometimes, we're afraid that we'll end up losing it" Tara lied, good enough to make them believe.

" Hmm..i see" Luckly his mother believed.

" I almost forgot, 2 days to go there will be an interview about your relationship. Lots of public media will attend it so be prepare." Taehyung's father said. 

 " We will,father.." Taehyung answered.

~~~

It's the day of the interview, lots public media are there. They waited at the big conference room, with cameras all around. Taehyung and Tara waited outside the room, both of them dressed neatly. Taehyung with a white suit, which match perfectly with his handsome appearance, and Tara with a beige dress, and her straight hair was turned to wavy, and a natural make up that brings her fresh look on her face. Taehyung fixed his tie, even he can't help to notice of how beautiful Tara looked. He still didn't believe that the ugly duckling he used to see would turn into a graceful swan instantly. It's like she's a total different person.  

" Oh my gosh..there's so many of them " Tara said, peeking through the door. Her whole body is shaking, her hand is sweating, her heart is racing hard. 

" You'll be fine." Taehyung assured. 

" Easy for you to say..you've been famous for all your life. I'm just a ordinary poor girl who didn't have much. What if i did a mistake, the whole world will know it " Tara said.

' You're not ordinary '  Taehyung said inside his thoughts.

" Relax, just put on a smile, and let me do the talking " He said. 

" What i--" 

" Mr and Mrs. Kim? " Interupt one of the person in charge.

" Yes? " Taehyung answered.

" It's time.." He said. Tara's eyes got wider, she felt like fainting right now. 

" Hey, it's alright. Just think that there's only both of us here. No one else matters. " Taehyung offered his arm to Tara. She sighed, brace herself and took his arm. Then the door opened, Tara felt camera flashes over her eyes, people were asking questions. She tighten the grip of her hand. She looked up to Taehyung who only smile boldly as if it didn't make him nervous at all. Both of them get on the stage and sit at a single long chair. Soon it became quiet for the interview session. 

" Taehyung-sshi, can you tell us about you and your wife? " Asked one of the interviewer.

" Of course. At first we were at the same high school, she didn't stand much on the crowds so i never knew her before. Then there's one incident that brought us face to face, let's say that incident is not a pleasant one." Taehyung told with a smile on his face. Tara found that this wasn't so bad. She smiled to remember the day she threw the shoes to Taehyung. Maybe they won't have a grudge to each other if she didn't do so.

" And then my parents and her parents were long friends, they came up to an idea to match us. Of course we both opposed it,  we're still young, too young to do that big responsibility. Besides, she's not my type to begin with" Taehyung said with a bit of laughing. Tara felt a little upset by him to recall the time he's being a total jerk. 

Meanwhile Soo Jung was at her home, watching TV and swapped the channel, but froze when she saw the person she had the interest on. She didn't like it to see Taehyung with Tara being so close to each other in public, but she didn't want to change the TV channel either.

" But then it changed..." He said this time, looking at Tara. She felt so embarrassed.

" I realized that she's different, i used to like pretty girls to be honest, but Tara was way more attractive then any of those girls. " Taehyung continued, smiling at Tara. All of the people who came felt like being hipnotized by the words Taehyung spoke. Tara was stunned, she never thought that his acting skills were so impressive. He should be an actor or something. The way he talked, it all looked so real, but she knew it's just an act. 

" Don't fall for it Tara..it all just being made up. He only have his eyes on Soo Jung "  Tara said inside her minds. 

" And i love her " Taehyung said, facing the cameras, then he circle his arm to her waist, and turned his face to kiss Tara's forehead, closing his eyes. She was super shocked, he didn't warn her anything about the physical contact. The people cheered to see the view, they all quickly took pictures as much as they can. This will be the hottest news up ahead. 

Soo Jung watched the TV, she knew that Taehyung were being forced to marry Tara, and he always been a good liar, but she also knew him for too long than she noticed something's wrong. 

" No no no...this isn't possible..his face just now..he..he" Soo Jung can't bring herself to finish the words.

" He's not lying.." 

~~~

The interview continued with all the questions about them. Thankfully Taehyung was smart in answering the question and really convincing. It was then came to the last question of the interview.

" Tara-sshi. Can you kiss Taehyung back?  " Asked the other interviewer. Followed by the others who agreed by it. Tara looked at Taehyung and gave him the ' What should i do? ' look. Taehyung nod at her and gave his cheek. Tara knew she had no choice but to do so, if she deny, people will be suspicious. She closed her eyes and bring her lips closer. She felt so nervous since she never kissed him first. Then it happened, she kissed his cheek, again the crowds go crazy about It.

Soo Jung turned off the TV and threw her remote away. She felt her blood boiling to her head. She felt Tara has stole what belongs to her. Taehyung was suppose to only love her. She knew Taehyung was always crazy in love with her ever since they became close friends, that's why she didn't bother to always refuse him, because she knew Taehyung would always came back. But now..she's afraid that her spot will be stolen with someone else. 

~~~ 

Tara was cooking in the morning, she prepared the breakfast for Taehyung and herself. He has been on her mind lately since the day of the interview. Her cheeks will turn hot if she recall the time he kissed her and said that he loved her. It felt so real. Her mind snapped into reality when there's a bell rang on the door. She turned off the stove and opened the door.

" Oh..Soo Jung-sshi. You want me to wake Taehyung? Wait here " 

" No it's fine. Actually i'd like to meet you, Tara-sshi. " She said with a smile. 

" Me? Um..come in then " Tara invited.

" Can we talk somewhere else? " She refused. They decides to talk at a cafe nearby. It was a bit awkward since they never actually talk for real. 

" What is it that you want to talk to Soo Jung-sshi? " Tara asked. 

" Please, drop the informal talk, just call me Soo Jung " She said with a small laugh.

" Ah..okay then. What is it? " 

" I know that your parents and Taehyung's parents force both of you to do the marriage. " She started.

" Which i'm perfectly be able to accept that. It's not my right to stop your parents decision " She continued. Tara cannot understand what she meant. But she knew she won't like where this is going. 

" what are you trying to say? " Tara asked in confuse.

" Let's just get to the point.  Do you love Taehyung? " She asked. Tara didn't prepare herself for this question. Did she love him? She definitely felt something different towards Taehyung. He's been so kind and helpful to her. But was it love? 

" I..i.. " Tara stuttered.

" Because i love him " Soo Jung cut. Her face was in total serious. Tara knew she love him, but she didn't expect her to tell her straight forward like this. 

" But you rejected him once, why now? " Tara said, even if she's not completely sure of how she feels towards Taehyung, but it doesn't mean that she likes it when Soo Jung told her about her feelings. 

" I was careless that time, i admit it. I only think about what is important for myself. But now i regret it and i'd like to fix my mistake. So..if you didn't love him, i hope that you won't try to stop me from having him back to my side " Soo Jung said.

Tara felt something unpleasant on her body. Anger? Jealousy? Fear? 

" Thank you for your time to talk to me " Soo Jung said and gave Tara a light bow before leaving the cafe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

tumblr_mvr1gzcvwc1sj4v04o1_500.gif