Chapter 3 : Promises

The Best Nightmare

" YOU!! " 

" Omo.. you know each other already? " Said Tara's mom.

" This is great! We don't need them to get close first, the wedding will be held sooner " Said Taehyung's mother.

" Ah..let's sit and have the dinner " Taehyung's father pleased as the food is ready.

Both of the parents enjoy the dinner, talking to each other about the wedding plans, while Tara and Taehyung sat still, still cannot believe that this is reality. Neither of them like the idea of this marriage, especially their hatred towards each other.

" So Taehyung.. how come you know Tara? " Asked Tara's father, swallowing his food. Taehyung took a glance at Tara, who keeps on looking down.

" Of course i know her..she gave me a very UNforgettable experience, right, Tara-sshi? " Taehyung answered, faking a smile.

" Yes, i remember Taehyung-sshi. You really had a GOOD manners towards me. " Tara replied, doing the same action.

" Whoaa look at them honey! I didn't expect them to be this close. I think the wedding should be held this week? " Taehyung's mother said to her husband.

" NO!" Both of them said the same thing at the same time.

" Why? Don't you like the idea?" Asked Taehyung's father.

" It's just... i think we don't need to rush things" He answered.

" Psh. It's nonsense. I'm sure you're ready son " 

~~~

" Mwoh?! You're getting married?! " BTS said, didn't believe what his friend just said.

" V, are you serious? I know you joke a lot but it's too weird this time " Jimin said, fixing the hat he wore.

" I'm not guys. My parents arranged it for me, and the worst part is.. i'm marrying that dirty shoe girl " 

" Haha! that weirdo thak threw you a shoe? Man..your life's gonna get screwed by her. Damn it gave me chills to think that i gotta marry someone like that " J-Hope continued.

" Shut up hyung. I don't need more people telling me that my life will be ruined. " Taehyung said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

" Can't you do something hyung? " Jungkook asked innocently.

" I can't . Anyways i have to find a way to find a way out of this problem. I won't spend my life with that freak" 

~~~

" TAEHYUNG? THE V TAEHYUNG? " Joohyun yelled.

" Pshhhh!!! Watch your mouthh! Everyone will hear it " Tara covered her friend's mouth.

" How come you get to marry him Tara? You hate him so much " Asked Minhee.

" It's an old time promise my dad made with his dad. Ugh just thinking of his face makes me want to throw up " Tara rubbed her eyes.

" But Tara..actually V is really hot you know...i'm just saying don't kill me!! " Joohyun closed her eyes and made a regret look.

" Aish this girl really! Hot my . I don't care about his looks, i don't like him one bit" Tara replied.

~~~

Tara was walking  at the hallway, entertaining herself with a small dance. Suddenly someone pulled her to the storage room and cover . She looked at thw person, it was Taehyung, gesturing his hand, telling Tara not to scream. Tara nodded, he checked his surroundings before uncover Tara's mouth.

" What did you want?!" 

" I have to talk to you. It's about our marriage " Taehyung explained. 

" I'm not doing it" Tara was about to leave when Taehyung held her shoulder, pulling her back in front of him. 

" 3 months! " Taehyung said, Tara raised one of her eyebrow, not knowing what he meant.

" Just 3 months, if you don't want to continue, we'll do divorce. " Taehyung explained.

" What part of I'm not doing it did you not understand? " Tara answered, crossing her arms in her chest.

" Our parents promise this since a long time ago, we can't dissappoint them. Please cooperate with me. Just help me fake this marriage. I need to do this marriage to help my dad's business. I promise we will have the divorce done later. And besides think of the advantages for your parents. You want them to live well, don't you? " Taehyung looked so serious, Tara saw that he truly mean it, she knew Taehyung held an important part as the next heir of his father's business. And this opportunity could really make Tara's parents to have a better life. Tara took a big breath, exhaling before she speak.

" Alright. 3 months only. But everything we do is fake, since i'm somehow sure we will soon live together, i don't want to share a room with you. You will never tell me what can i do and what i can't. " Tara stated.

" Ok. Same thing with me. " Taehyung replied.

" Fine. " Tara was about to leave.

" One more thing. " Taehyung continued.

" What is it again? " 

" I warned you.. DON'T fall in love with me! " 

" Pfftt. Don't you worry about that. I WON'T. If anyone would fall in love it would be you towards me! " Tara answered, making her voice louder. 

" Hah you're funny. First off, a filthy girl like you is not my type, second, i don't like you, and third, i don't like you. So don't dream too high" Taehyung hissed at Tara's face.

' Screw you!' Tara said inside her mind, she would just kick his off but she's too tired to have another quarrel with him.

~~~

Taehyung sat on a his favorite old bench near the school's field. He loves the soft wind, the warm sun at his face, the sound of bird chirping, the silent atmosphere. He always sit there when he's feeling down.

" Taehyung-ah..." Said a familiar voice. Taehyung quickly stood up, looking at her who is standing not far from him. She look beautiful as always, he likes it when the sun made her light brown hair way more brighter.

" Soo Jung..what's wrong?" Taehyung asked, not taking his eyes from her.

"I heard rumors, that you're going to marry someone" She continued. Taehyung were surprised, he didn't expect she will know this. 

" What's your point?"

" So it's true..I want to say congratulations..i hope ..that you will be happy with her" She answered, giving a faint smile to him. Those words hit him hard. How could have she tell him this, when she's the one he's been thinking off.

" Thanks, i hope you will get what you want to" Taehyung put his hands inside his pocket, looking to another direction. Soo Jung reach ed out her hands, congratulating him, Taehyung stared at it, he didn't like the fact Soo Jung just stood still, he thought she would try to stop him. He took her hand and shook it.

" Don't forget this friend of yours" Soo Jung said as she smiled and ruffled Taehyung's orange hair.

~~~

1 week later.

" My daughter looked so beautiful.. finally i get to see you in this dress" Tara's mom said, with her teary eyes, seeing her gorgeous daughter. Tara looked at herself in the mirror, this is not how she dreamed of. Her dream was to get married in a small chapel, with a flower crown on her head, standing at the altar with a man she loves, looking at each other's eyes, saying a love vow.

" The wedding will start, are you ready dear?" Tara's dad asked as he entered the room.

" It's now or never.." Tara answered with a pokerface. She walked towards the church entrance door, as she held her father's arm, with a veil covering her face. Soon the door was opened, revealing many people and photographers as Taehyung's family is famous among the business world. Taehyung looked at the bride, slowly walking down the aisle. For once her appearance deceived him for Tara looked so different with her usual dirty look, with messy hair. Her thick glass was no longer there, the dress reveal her white pale milky skin. But again there are no happiness in both of their heart. How Taehyung wish that the person walking is Soo Jung, he would have been the luckiest person ever. Tara and her dad reached the altar, Tara put her hand in Taehyung's arm. Facing the priest waiting with a smile at his face. The ceremony felt boring for both Taehyung and Tara but they listened to the priest anyway, until they get to the main part.

" I, Kim Taehyung, will love you, hold you and honor you,I will respect you, encourage you and cherish you,In health and sickness,Through sorrow and success,For all the days of my life." Taehyung gazed at Tara as he gave her a warm smile.

' Crap! He's really good at acting and convincing people' Tara said inside her thoughts, if she didn't know his real personality, she would have fallen for his words. Tara was spacing out for a moment before she continued.

" I, Choi Tara,  promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love. I will always be honest with you, kind, patient and forgiving. But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal friend to you." Tara also does the same as Taehyung, giving him a smile. It's the first time Taehyung saw her smile like this, it's different, even so, he could see in her eyes that it's all fake. He thought only him who is good at acting, turns out Tara did well too.

" Do you..Kim Taehyung..take Choi Tara as your lawfully wife?" The priest asked. Taehyung took a glance at the guests who's coming, he saw BTS, his parents, family relatives and other students, but not Soo Jung, he sighed before turning his eyes to Tara.

" I do " 

" And do you..Choi Tara..take Kim Taehyung as your lawfully husband?" Tara took a moment, she kept holding on her goals and this marriage will only last for a while. 

" I do ". They put on a ring at each other's hand. Now for the worst part...

" I pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride " Tara's eyes got wider to heard what the priest said. She gave Taehyung the ' What the hell are we suppose to do' look. Taehyung opened the veil and touched Tara's cheeks. Tara got goosebumps all over her body, she felt disgusted towards him.

" Just act well " Taehyung whispered slowly at Tara's ear, as his face came closer, Tara shut her eyes as strong as possible until she felt something soft at her lips. She was shocked, she opened her eyes a bit to see Taehyung's thumb on her lips, kissing it with his eyes closed. Even if it's fake, Taehyung's face are really close, she could felt his breathing at her cheek, Tara traced his face to realized that Taehyung is indeed very handsome, just not so much at his attitude. The guests applaud at them, Taehyung turned his look to the guests, waving his hands at them with a smile. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THEM ?? ^^ LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS AND SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE! THANKYOU LOVELY READERS :*

giphy.gif