Chapter 7 : Rival

The Best Nightmare

" I missed you Tae!" SooJung started. Taehyung was surprised. He didn't expect that she will come to his house. Tara took a quick glace towards Soo Jung. She was indeed beautiful, her perfect sized body, with her wavy gold brown hair. Her angelic smile made Tara realized why Taehyung fall head to toe to her. 

" What are you doing here? How come you know..? Taehyung asked, still reassuring himself that this is not a dream. 

" I asked your mom of course. She's always a such a kind person. Your wife is lovely, I'm Han Soo Jung, Taetae's forever bestfriend " Soo Jung reached her hands with a small laugh, Tara shook it. For a brief moment Tara somehow felt that Soo Jung was judging her appareance, but she could be wrong. Even thou it seemed like she was bragging her relation with Taehyung

" Thankyou..nice to meet you too" Tara answered. Taehyung stood in the middle, feeling awkward at this catfight atmosphere.

" Umm..come in. " Taehyung invited.

He sat at the large sofa, followed by Soo Jung and Tara, but Tara didn't want to be a third person so she went up to her room while Soo Jung sat beside Taehyung.

" So..how's your marriage life? " She asked.

" We're good. " Taehyung lied.

" I see. I'm glad that you're doing okay " 

" How about you? "

" Busy for collage enterance test " Soo Jung replied. 

" Ah.. I hope you'd make it. " Taehyung spoke. Honestly he still have that feelings for her, but telling it to her won't make any difference. She will keep rejecting him and he didn't want it.

 " Thankyou" She smiled.

" would you like to have a drink? "

" no it's fine. actually i have to go home now. Still have to learn " Soo Jung smiled as she stood up and took her purse. Taehyung walked her out. 

" i'll see you next time then" She bowed.

" yeah, next time" Taehyung fake a smile. Once again he has to see her leaved, with a big lump inside his heart. Time fly fast he didn't realized it was already night.

Taehyung threw himself at the sofa, as he ran his hand through his dyed orange hair. He took the Tv remote and turned it on even thou he didn't watch it. 

" Oh my gosh! Is that a brand new episode of Modern Family? " Tara suddenly appeared and sat at the sofa beside Taehyung.

" Uhh i think so" he replied.

"I'm so going to watch this" Tara sat, she wore a onepiece bunny pajama, while hugging a teddy bear. Taehyung raised an eyebrow as he looked at this weird girl behavior. But he found that it's cute that she looked like a small girl. Tara sensed someone is gazing her, she turned her head to saw Taehyung smiling at her. 

" Why are you smiling? " Tara asked, tilting her head. Taehyung quickly cleared his throat and make his face serious again. Suddenly there's a loud thunder stikes and the light is off.

" Aaaaah!"

Tara screamed as she jumped to Taehyung's lap. She circled her arms to his neck as she curled her body, her position made his face is close to hers.

" Oyy! What are you doing? " Taehyung said, trying to move her hands but it's too strong. He didn't know why she's so afraid of darkness. Thou the light is out, it wasn't pitch black. You still can see the street lights through the window. He traced her pale looking face, with her pink lips pressed inside as she was in fear. Her eyes were shut tightly, he can smell vanilla scent from her hair, and he likes it. Not thinking clearly, he found himself moving his face closer to her, he put his arm at her waist, staring at her lips, which somehow is really tempting, and he cannot control himself. Closer and closer... and the light is on!. Tara opened her eyes only to meet his eyes, they were only inches apart. Her heart is beating like a drum, not only Taehyung, Tara also found herself wanting for him. Their lips was almost touching..

*ringringg*  The telephone rang, snapping both of them back to reality. Taehyung pulled his face back and Tara jumped back to her seat, not looking at each other.

" i'll get the phone" Taehyung stood and walked towards the ringing phone. Tara exhaled, pressing her burning cheeks together.

" Who is it? " Tara asked as Taehyung returned.

" My father, apparently we have to go tomorrow. There's a meeting with one of the biggest investor at my father' company. You better get some sleep, it's late " He explained.

" Ok then...good night " Tara bowed, walking in a quick pace towards her room. It was really awkward.

~~~

Taehyung woke up early in the morning, sitting at the kitchen table, he wore a pitch blue suit and a tie, he took a sip of his hot mocha. He waited for Tara to go down. Soon he heard a shoe step, as he looked to the stairs, he saw Tara looking completely different from her usual wearing. She wore beige dress that stop at her knees, she tied her hair into a bun, leaving a thin strands of hair at the side of her face. 

" Good morning.." She greeted with a faint smile, stopping herself at the last step of the stairs. Taehyung snapped himself back to reality, he became so nervous he spilled the mocha at his tie.

" AIish! Damn it" He cursed, trying to wipe it clean. 

" Let me get you a new one. " Tara went upstairs then go back down towards Taehyung.

" I'll help you" She said as she put the new tie to his neck. Taehyung felt tingling sensation at his stomach. This distance is too close for comfort. This days, he found wanting her to stay away from him as far as possible, but it's not because of hatred, more like he felt weird everytime he sees her since that day she hugged him. She fold the tie until it became perfect. 

" Done! " She smiled which made Taehyung once again, not being able to handle the nervousness.

" Umm. Thanks..let's go " Both of them get on the car, Taehyung drove towards the TechCrop company, one of his father's biggest investor. It was quiet along the way, neither Taehyung nor Tara opened a conversation. 

After about an hour, they arrived at the company, he parked the car at the VVIP's. They entered, the building was really huge. Even if she's only there to do her part as his 'wife', Tara's really nervous. 

" Are you Mr and Mrs. Kim? " Asked one of a guy who appareantly was working there.

" Yes we are, we'd like to meet Mr.Byun" Taehyung answered.

" Follow me please " he ordered. Taehyung looked at Tara before following the guy. He knew that she's nervous. Unlike him who used to come to tons of companies with his father, she never had this kinda event. Taehyung offered her his arm to held on. Tara looked at him in surprise, as he only gave her a nod. Then she took his hand and they walked to the elevator. They arrived at 30th floor, and went to Mr Byun's office. The room was filled with some on his business friend, they are laughing hard , while drinking alcohol. 

" Ahhh you must be Mr. Kim's son, Kim Taehyung, am i right? " he started, pointing at Taehyung. Taehyung bowed, giving him an appreciation.

" and she must be your new wife" he continued as he spotted Tara behind Taehyung. She also gave a bow.

" omo..your wife is really pretty. Why don't you join us here? " Said one of Mr Byun's workmates, as he tapped the empty space at the sofa beside him. Taehyung quickly hid Tara behind him. 

" I believe we have a business here to discuss, Mr Byun? " 

" Ah yess. I was thinking to invest my newest benefit to your company. But i think it will be better if your wife would join us here. No need for the tense atmosphere " Mr Byun said. Even if his investment really helps his fathers company a lot, he won't risk of Tara being molested by those drunken old man.

" She has nothing to do with your offering, if you want to invest, i am the one you should discuss with." Taehyung answered boldly, Tara took a glance to him, he seemed so different.

" don't you want this benefit cooperation? "

" i do. But if you chose her instead of me. I'm sorry but i would have to refuse.." 

" How daree! y--" 

" I'll give you time to re consider, i hope you'd be wise" Taehyung said as he gave a small bow and leaved with Tara on his hand. 

" Thanks for backing me up, he's really creepy .." Tara spoke as they were on the elevator. 

" it's fine. He's known for his unpleasant attitude, don't mind it" He continued.

As the elevator opened, Tara and Taehyung was walking towards the exit door when they met a unpredictable person.

" Tara-sshi? " he spoke, Tara stopped and turned back to see him with his bodyguard. He would still remember how Tara looked like. How can he forget someone he put the interest on. Moreover she looked very stunning today.

" Oh! Daehyun-sshi " Tara smiled as he walked to his direction. Taehyung saw, raising his eyebrow for he didn't know this guy. How come both of them get so close together.

" what are you doing here? " he asked.

" i ..um.." Tara was searching for a correct way to tell him. She's afraid that he'll be mad when he know the truth.

" she's here with me" said a voice from behind, Daehyung moved his gaze to met Taehyung's, who approached them.

" I'm Kim Taehyung, Tara's husband" he replied. Daehyun seem surprised but he maintain his calm emotions together. 

" Ahh..the son of the King's Enterprise." Daehyun spoke, giving him a smile which is not sincere.

" And you are? " 

" I'm Jung Daehyun" he smiled and reached his hand, only to be ignored by Taehyung.

" Ahh..the son of the NewGold Enterprise " he said, imitating Daehyun. 

Tara could sense that neither of them liked each other, she could see unpleasant attitute from them.How could this be happening. What should she do? 

-----------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE >< GETTING BUSY. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS CHAPTER :3 LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT YOUR OPINION AND SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE :** XOXO

tumblr_n0z2i82bgk1rbv18ao1_500.gif