14

The Inevitable

Ji Eun's POV

As soon as we got home, I grabbed Oppa's hand pulled him up the stairs to my room. I sat him down on the bed and jumped next to him. I sat there staring at him. He got the hint and started to talk. "Well, my trip was very fun. There was a lot of things in China.." This is what I like about our relationship. We were so close that he could tell what I wanted or was think just by looking at me. It's quite similar with Baekhyun. I don't know why but he, Baekhyun, could just tell. "Are you listening?" Ji Hwan Oppa called while looking at my face curiously. I nodded my head, partly to answer him and partly to focus on him and not on my thoughts. "How's Baekhyun?" he changed the subject. "He's fine. Didn't you talk to him on the plane?" He shook his head "Nope. He fell asleep right away." I shook my head with a smile. "Well. That's Baekhyun for you." "Yah. Where's your respect? Isn't he 'Oppa' to you?" He flicked my forehead. "But it's only 10 days~" I whined while rubbing the sore spot on my forehead. "Still. I thought Umma, Appa, and I raised you better." I pouted "Arrasso." And the topic slid back to his trip.

 

The sound of the front door closing echoed throughout the house. I turned my head to my door as if it was the one that had closed. "Did the Byun's leave?" I mumbled to myself. I stood up and peeked down the steps to see nobody there. "Aish. That jerk didn't say bye. I'll just spend time with him tomorrow" I walked back to my room to see Ji Hwan Oppa yawning. I slowly walked back to him "You can go to sleep if you want" He looked up at me, eyes watery from his yawn. "Are you sure?" I nodded "You're tired. You need to rest. Go sleep okay?" He nodded like a child and walked to his room. I heard his door close and did my usual nightly routine.

 

I sat down on my bed and grabbed the four plushies Chanyeol bought me. I stared at it for a while and came up with a great idea. I smiled and praised myself for having a good idea for once. "I'll give it to them soon." I whispered to myself and drifted off to sleep.

 

I woke up to my phone ringing. "Yeboseyo?" I groggily answered. "Eunnie-ah! Do you want to hang out together today? I didn't get to yesterday" I could imagine him pouting on the other side. "Sure Baekkie. I'll get ready now." "Okay...Wait. Can I invite someone to go with us?" I hesitated but agreed "Alright. See you later." I groaned once the call was over and pushed off my blankets. I stood up and lazily got ready for the day.  I wore one of my many flannels and jeans. I grabbed my converse and slipped them on. "Umma! Appa! I'm going to hang out with Baek! Call me if you need anything!" I yelled, knowing that it was easier than looking for them. "Okay! Have fun! Be safe! Don't get !" Umma called back. "Ne! Bye! See you later!" I grabbed my phone, wallet, and my key to the house and went out the door.

 

"Is Baekhyun here?" I asked Eomeoni as she let me sit on the couch. "I'll go call him for you" She smiled and went up the stairs. As I was waiting, I admired the living room that I had seen since I was young. Eomeoni went down the stairs and sat next to me. "He'll be down soon. He's just getting ready." I nodded and kept looking around the room. "How's your Ji Hwan?" My attention snapped to her "He's fine Eomeoni. He's just tired from the trip. I left before he woke up" I laughed a little. She laughed along, knowing all too well about my brother's sleeping habits. Just then, Baekhyun went down the steps "Let's go?" I nodded and bid Eomeoni goodbye.

 

We walked down the driveway and walked down the sidewalk. "We need to pick up my friend. Her house is about 15 minutes away." I nodded. Her? Who is she? I kept quiet. My feelings slightly hurt. Don't worry. He won't replace you. It's just a friend. Ahh. Why do you care Ji Eun. He doesn't see you like that. I mentally scolded myself. Noticing my silence and frown, Baekhyun asked "What's wrong? Are you okay?" "Huh? Oh. Sorry. I was just thinking." I swung my arms. I knew he knew something was wrong but let it go.

 

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at her house. I stayed behind as Baekhyun walked up the steps and rung the doorbell. Almost immediately, a girl opened the door. A very VERY pretty girl to be exact. Baekhyun smirked "Hi Soo Young." The girl giggled "Hi oppa" Baekhyun put an arm around her shoulders and lead her down the steps. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach but I swallowed it down and tried introducing myself. Note that I said "tried". "Hi my name is-" "So Oppa where are we going?" I frowned as she cut me off and asked Baekhyun. They walked past me and left me standing there. I slowly started following behind, my heart hurting more and more every step. A few minutes later, I heard Baekhyun say "Oh yeah. I forgot. That girl following is Ji Eun." I frowned and continued following, playing with the hem of my shirt as I tried to ignore their conversation. I hope this is over soon. I wanted to go home but knowing me, I would get lost on the way and would probably never make my way back home and to add on to that, Umma would kill me if I came back alone. I sighed at my misfortune. Why me?

 
A/N: sorry for completly abandoning this story :( to make up for it, here's a double update. enjoy~