2

The Inevitable

Baekhyun’s POV: Age 14

 

Sigh.  A yawn escapes me as I place my head in my hands. I tune out the teacher’s lesson and glance at the clock. Ugh, two more hours until I escape this hell hole. I inwardly groan. I hate it here, but then again who doesn’t? Suddenly, a sharp pointy object pokes the back of my head hard. Stiffly picking up the pencil that was suddenly launched towards me, I scan my eyes across the class trying to find the culprit who dared disrupted me. Just then, a figure reaches my sight. A tall, skinny boy with brown hair just as mine, trying to conceal his laughter arouses my suspicion. Hehe. Busted. I rest my eyes on him, just in case I spot another flying utensil aimed towards my way. He looks up just to meet my eyes, and for at least a minute I stared at his energetic ones placed behind some large glasses. We both then quickly broke the contact, avoiding any awkward situations. Maybe I should just consult him later at lunch.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. I pray to the god of luck that my launched wooden pencil made contact with only the humid August air and the 5th period’s classroom ground. But as if the god of bad luck has suddenly decided to intercept with my prayer to its opposite, my pencil made its way to the back of another student’s head. Whoops. It wasn’t entirely my fault. I mean my cousin just had to rub in my face with his tan hands that HE can twirl a STICK. Big deal. So what. I can sooo do that. The realization came upon me like the tiny chuckle crawling up my throat. The idiot is most likely betting money that my curious personality would take over and I would be trying out his stupid trick. That smart .

 

Seongsaengnim decides to drag on with his lecture as if he doesn’t realize all the heads nodding sleepily and even the loud bang of a student colliding with the desk. I don't know if he's just pretending or he's just actually THAT oblivious. tch. Teachers these days.

 

PRAISE THE HEAVENS. CLASS IS FINALLY OVER. Just as I was about to leave the jail cell which is supposedly called a "classroom", a hand pulled me back by my backpack.

"Yah! Where do you think you're going?" a voice sounded behind me. I turned around to see a glimpse of straight, brown hair.

 

"Down here you tall giraffe"

 

I looked down to see a small (well. small compared to me) guy. It took me a while to process that he was the victim of my flying pencil. I scanned him up and down to get familiar with his looks. I hadn't realized that I looked like some retarted person gaping at something they have never seen before. Which in a way, was true.

 

"Yes. I know I'm good looking. No need to drool" he said while doing some sort of mix of a scowl and smirk. How he did that, I don't know. He was cockily twirling the pencil in his right hand like it was the easiest thing in the world.

 

"HOW DO YOU DO THAT" He jumped and flinched back as I practically screamed. He regained his composure and smirked. "It's a secret." He cooly walked away with an aura that screamed "SWAG".... Only to trip on his shoelaces... and almost fall. I'm proud to say that my ninja-like reflexes helped him out before he made a fool out of himself in front of the passerbyers.

 

Baekhyuns POV

 

Oh god. How embarrassing. It's official. I can't be cool. I should probably leave the swag to whomever is swaggy in this world. After ungraciously pulling myself away from that giraffe's grasp, I scampered off to my BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WO-

 

"Yah. Baek. Gwenchana? You look like a jumping tomato. Or. Like a chihuahua that was dumped in red paint and is jumping away from a giant elephant." AHHH. There she is. Jieun. She stood in front of me with her left hand on her hip and a banana milk in her right with an unamused look on her face.

 

"Baek? Yah! Why aren't you answering- woah." Her gaze shifted past me to something behind me. I turned around to see that giraffe down the hall.

 

Jieun pulled me towards her and harshly whispered "Who is that?" I glanced back once again

 

"Yah. Why are you whispering? It's not like he can hear you from here."

 

She frowned and flicked my forehead. "No banana milk for you."

 

"B-b-but. Jieun-aahhhhh. Waaaeeee. I didn't do anythingg"

 

"Stop it Baekhyun. Your aegyo doesn't affect me anymore," she said but I could see her softening. After about a minute of restless aegyo she gave in and gave me the small carton with a small smile.

 

"Gomawo Eunnie-ah" I said while emphasizing my eye smile, unaware of the squealing girls around us. Suddenly Jieun got considerably quiet. I looked up to see her with wide eyes, gaping like a goldfish. I turned around and saw that stupid giant grinning at me stupidly.

 

"Hello again!" he waved. He scratched the his head awkwardly as I just stared at him.

 

"Ah. You still have my.. erm... my pencil" he motioned it my right hand with his head. I looked down to see that he was correct.

 

"Ah. Mianhe ...."

 

"Oh! Chanyeol. My name is Chanyeol"

 

"Mianhe Chanyeol" I handed him back the pencil. "Jieun-ah. Kaja"

 

Ji Eun's POV

Baekhyun placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me to the cafeteria. I looked over my shoulder to see that Chanyeol guy looking completely lost. I stopped in my tracks causing Baekhyun to bump into me. I ignored his bewildered stare and called back to Chanyeol.

 

"Chanyeol-ssi! You can come with us if you want!" His eyes snapped over and he goofily ran over to us. He skidded to a stop and pushed up his glasses.

 

"Chincha?!"

 

I hummed in response while walking away. "C'mon Baek. Let's eat~"

 

––––––––––––––––

 

A/N: Here's the second chapter~ I hope you guys like it! -sigh- I wish I had a friendship like Baekhyun and Jieun. LOOK AT ME BEING ALL JEALOUS BECAUSE OF A NONFICTIONAL CHARACTER'S LIFE. WHAT A SAD LIFE I LIVE (do ya feel me). Anyway, pls comment and subscribe~ don't be a ghost reader -cough- like me -cough- wow I'm such a hippocrite... OH WHALE. ( AHAHAHAHA me and my animal puns) See you next chapter~

-Mae