8

The Inevitable

Baekhyun's POV

 

"Oh. Ah well..." I stammered.

 

"Well?" Jieun said with an encouraging smile.

 

"MyparentssaidthatI'llbegoingonatripwiththemforhalfofthesummersorry." The words flooded out without me taking a single breath. Wow. I can be a rapper. Jieun and Chanyeol looked at each other with a confused look.

 

"Eh?"

 

I took a deep breath

 

"My parents said that I'll be going on a trip with them for half of the summer. Sorry." Jieun's smile slipped off her face. She looked completely heart broken.

 

"I-I don't have to go if you don't want me to Jieun. I might get in trouble but it's okay." I blurted out.

 

"Ani. It's okay. Just go. It might be fun~" She said attempting to put on a smile. Why is this so hard you might ask. Well, this will be the first time we won't spend the whole summer together. It's like breaking a ritual or tradition.

 

"Are you sure?" I said, wary of hurting her feelings. She put up a smile. A real one.

 

"Of course! Pabo. Why would I prevent you from spending time with your family? I mean. I can stay with Chanyeol and when you come back we'll have a mini reunion." She clapped her hands together and stood up.

 

"Sounds like a good deal!"

 

"Alright" I sighed. Sensing the upcoming awkwardness Chanyeol in, "Let's watch another movie~."

 

Jieun's POV

 

"Yah~ Why do you have so many clothes~." I was currently sitting on top of Baekhyun’s suitcase while he and Chanyeol were trying to zip it up.

 

"Stop complaining. At least all you have to do is sit there you fat ." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

"YAH. JUGULLE? (do you want to die)"

 

"I'll go dig up your grave" Chanyeol jokingly stood up and wiped the dust off his pants.

 

"Now... Where do you put your shovels?"

 

"Haha. Very funny." Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol back down,  "Enough joking. Help me zip this up."

 

After about another two hours we finished packing Baekhyun's stuff. All of us were lying on the ground, panting as if we were obese people who had run a marathon.

 

"Why- do you - have so much - stuff?" Chanyeol said in between his breaths.

 

Baekhyun sat up "I'm a growing boy. I have my needs."

 

"Yah. At least you're not a girl. We have peri-" I was cut off by the two covering their ears

 

"LA LA LA LA WHAT I CANT HEAR YOU LA LA LA TOO MUCH INFORMATION" Just then Baekhyun's mom came in. She sat down on the bed with a serious look on her face.

 

She opened and said "YAH. BYUN BAEKHYUN. YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS. WHAT IF YOUR WIFE NEEDS YOU TO BUY HER PADS HUH? WHAT WILL YOU DO? BUY HER DIAPERS?"

 

"UMMAAAA~ I GET IT~" Chanyeol, who always thought things were funnier than they actually were, was dying, rolling around on the ground with his face completely red. He looked like he was being strangled by an imaginary person if you ask me. Suddenly, Baekhyun stood up, face bright red, and grabbed our arms.

 

"WE'LL GO NOW. YKNOW. SPEND TIME BEFORE WE LEAVE."

 

"YAH. BYUN BAEKHYUN. THIS ISN'T OVER YET. I STILL NEED TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO IF YOUR WIFE MIGHT BE PREGNANT. COME BACK SOON~"

 

We walked around aimlessly until we found an old park. It seemed really familiar. Where was it from?

 

"Ahh. Memories." Baekhyun sighed and sat on the swing. Oh. That's right. This is the park we used to play at when we were kids and actually enjoyed each other's presences.

 

"Waaahhh. This park looks so old. I'm surprised the swing hasn't fallen yet." an unfocused Chanyeol spoke.

 

"YAH. ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?" The fat said.

 

"Mmmmm" Chanyeol replied, completely immersed into looking at the scenery. A loud slap interrupted the silence. I looked up and burst out laughing at the sight: a nearly crying Chanyeol rubbing his head and a fuming Baekhyun.

 

"Okay. Okay. That's enough. Let's eat something! Say what you want in 3..2..1!"

 

"ICE CREAM" All of us cried. We smiled to each other and set off to find the nearest ice cream store.

 

"WHY IS IT SO FAR?" a whiny voice, which of course belonged to Baekhyun, screamed.

 

"Dude. We've been walking for a minute. It's only down the street." Chanyeol rolled his eyes. After another minute we had reached the shop. It was a small yet homey store. The menu had a swirly, old fashioned style and the walls were a warm brown.

 

"Annyeong haseyo! Welcome to I Love You a Latte! What can I get you?" A kind old woman said as we entered.

 

"I'll get a 2 scoop vanilla ice cream on a waffle cone please!" I said raising my hand. She looked at me weirdly but nodded anyway. Aish. Why'd I raise my hand. We're not in school. I mentally face palmed myself.

 

"I'll get the same but mint chip instead" Baekhyun chuckled at me for raising my hand.

 

"I'll get the same but chocolate" Chanyeol smiled. We split the price and payed the wonderful Ahjumma. We being Chanyeol and I. Apparently we had to treat "our dear friend" since he was leaving soon. Tch. Freeloader. Suddenly, a mouth came down over my shoulder and devoured my beautiful ice cream.

 

"Yah! You have your own!"

 

"But I wanted to try yours Eunnie~" the culprit tried to say innocently. I grabbed his cone and took a huge bite of his mint chip ice cream. Big mistake. I choked, getting a brain freeze.

 

"Payback." Baekhyun leaned closer "and an indirect kiss" I spit the ice cream on his face. He shouldn't have said that. Aigoo. I hope I'm not red. He gaped, wiping the mixture of melted ice cream and my saliva off his face.

 

"Yknow Baek. Karma's a ." I leaned back, admiring my work. That's right. Just play it off. Chanyeol, who yet again thought things were funnier than they actually were, fell out of the booth, nearly dropping his chocolate ice cream on his white shirt. He got up and grabbed a handful of tissues from the counter and gave it to us. We cleaned ourselves up and finished off our ice cream.

 

"Ahh. That was good. We'll be back another time Ahjumma~" I waved.

 

"I'll give you a discount next time~ Thank you for being my first customers~ Come again hm?" We all bowed and bid our farewells.

 

"Wow. We were her first customers. That should become our new 'place' yeah?" Chanyeol suggested, giddy off of the ice cream.

 

"Yeah! We can hang out there if our houses get boring" Baekhyun surprisingly agreed with the idea. The way home was full of laughter, smiles, and fun.

 
 
 
 
A/N: I was supposed to update a long time ago but I guess I didn't.... I'll update tomorrow! HAPPY SEHUN DAY <3