10

The Inevitable

Ji Eun's POV

We reached the cafe and I ordered my usual, Honey Rose Tea with lychee jelly. Chanyeol ordered chocolate snow bubble. The Ahjumma was glad to see us again, for, apparently we were her favorite customers. We thanked her, grabbed our drinks and sat at our usual table, a small booth in the corner. "So. Where are we going after?" I said seeing Chanyeol was slightly distracted and would probably let the location slip."Oh. We are going to- Yah! Cheater! You know I say things without realizing when I'm distracted~" He whined. I snickered but frowned "I almost got you." He glared at me playfully and finished up his drink. "Let's go~" He grabbed my hand and covered my eyes with a blindfold "Yah~ What are you doing~ I'm going to trip~" I whined. I felt him lean closer to me and whisper, "It's okay. I got you." Goosebumps ran down my spine, but I couldn't help but think how it would be if Baekhyun did the same.

 

"Are we there yet? My feet hurrrrttt" I whined for the nth time. "Aish. I already told you. We're almost there" "You said that a long time ago!" I stomped my foot like a child. After a couple staggers and steps Chanyeol's voice arose, "Aigoo. We're here princess." I took off the blindfold and gaped at this sight. I squealed. Where are we you ask? Why, we were at the best place on Earth "THE RILAKKUMA STORE~" I quickly ran around grabbing everything that I liked. I faintly heard Chanyeol chuckling behind me. I went back to him with my arms filled with plushies. "I would hug you right now but my arms are a little occupied." "Yah! That's too much! Pick one and I'll buy it for you" I pouted and moved to an area where not much people were around. I sat on the floor and layed the multiple plushies out infront of me. After half an hour of thorough thinking, I picked out a set of four matching plushies. I skipped over to Chanyeol and he payed for the bears. Being so happy, I went on my tippy toes and pushed Chanyeol down by his shoulders to kiss his cheek. I grabbed the plushies from his hands and hugged them in my arms. I linked one of my arms with Chanyeol's and walked with him with a light bounce in my step. "Wow. You're so happy." Chanyeol said amused. I nodded my head happily. A bag in his hand caught my attention. I quickly grabbed it and saw a rilakkuma plush in it. "YOU LIKE RILAKKUMA TOO?" I squealed. Chanyeol blushed "No. It's for... uh... my sister?" He said making it sound more like a question. He grabbed the medium sized plush and put it back in the bag, hugging it possessively. "Mhmm. Sure Channie. Say what you want to say. I won't believe you." I said with a small smirk playing on my lips. "Fine. You caught me."he said defeatedly. I smiled and linked arms with him yet again. "It's alright! I think it's cute~ Your future girlfriend will be lucky to have such a soft guy like you~" I said while pinching his cheek.

 

It was still a little early so we decided to go to the park. We were sitting on the swings, gently rocking back and forth. Out of the blue I asked "Channie. Do you like parks? I bet you do." "Why?" he turned his head towards me. "Well. It's in your name..." He scratched his head in thought. After about a minute "OHHH. I SEE." He said while snapping his fingers. I burst out laughing at his slowness. I don't know why I found it so funny but next thing I knew, I fell off the swing, hitting the ground which caused me to laugh even more. Chanyeol laughed at my laughter. We kept laughing until we forgot why we even started in the first place.

 

"Thank you Channie. I had a really great time today" After another hour at the park, we decided that it was getting late. "No problem! Just call me when you get bored, without that dwarf being around and stuff." He smiled bashfully.. I laughed "Alright. See you tomorrow!" I closed the door with a smile and cuddled with my new plushies that night.

 

Soon after, we started hanging out more and more, waiting for that to come back. Along the way, we had gotten closer. He was almost as close as Baekhyun to me. Note the word"almost". I doubt anyone could know me better than that dingus.