6

The Inevitable

Chanyeol's POV

 

Woah. These two live close to each other. No I'm not kidding, both their homes are literally side by side.

 

"Go ahead, I'll meet you guys inside." Baekhyun says walking into his house. Jieun motioned me to follow her into the house adjacent to it. She took out her key and opened the door.

 

"UMMA~ APPA~ IM HOME" Shuffling was heard and a young looking woman came out with a pink apron.

 

"OH. MY EUNNIE AND BAEKKIE ARE BACK. HOW ARE YO- you're not Baekkie." she stopped when she reached us.

 

"Umma, this is Chanyeol. His mom couldn't pick him up until 7 because of work so I invited him over. Is that okay?" Jieun asked while taking off her shoes.

 

"Of course it is! Nice to meet you Chanyeol-ah~" I smiled back and bowed.

 

"It's nice to meet you too. Thank you for letting me stay in your beautiful home"

 

"Feel free to come any time! Baekhyun always does. In fact he just barges in saying-"She was interrupted by that familiar voice yelling "IM HOME~" She playfully rolled her eyes.

 

"Speaking of the devil. BAEKKIE. HOW ARE YOU? HOW WAS SCHOOL?"

"oh that hell-" Jieun gave him a look for almost cursing. "-appy place? That oh so happy place? Horrible." He tried covering up.

 

"Ah. Well. We'll be going up now. Call us when the food's done" Jieun grabbed the both of us and dragged us up the stairs.

Jieun brought us to a medium sized room in which I assume is hers. It was not what I had in mind. A simple bed with basic colors of fabrication, a closet, a bedside table, and a long wooden table equipped with an assortment of books spread across the surface.

"I'm sorry. It's kind of messy. After the assignment given by Ms. Jung in second period, I didn't really have any available time to tidy up." The host of the room sheepishly explained.

Baekhyun coughed before whispering to me yet audible enough for the female to hear, "Its just an excuse. She keeps on telling her that so she is able to live." I let out a chuckle just as I am known to do, and youngest smacked the small male right on the arm as she is known to do.These two have an interesting relationship.

Amongst the simplistic room, however. something caught my eye; the multiple images of two people plastered amongst her walls. Inching closer, I realized it was Jieun and Baekhyun. It ranges from seemingly recent pictures to really old ones. Wow. They've known each other for a while.

 

"I've been around this for a while. Our parents kinda forced it." Jieun says as if she read my mind.

 

"YAH! I KNOW YOU LOVE MEEEE" Baekhyun yells in her ear and jumps on her to embrace her in a giant hug. I chuckle as Jieun lets out a small scream and they collapse on the floor in a giant heap. I hold out a hand to help them up but they had other plans and pulled me down with them.

 

"Kids~ The food is ready~" Jieun's mom called. We dusted ourselves off and raced down the steps.

 

Jieun's POV

As we reached the bottom of the steps I heard a familiar throaty chuckle.

 

"APPA! YOU'RE BACK!" I nearly body slammed him. Why so excited you ask? Well. He's been gone for a week for a business trip in China.

 

"Angel! How are you? I see you're still dressing like Baekhyun" He said with a bright smile causing small wrinkles to form around his eyes.

 

"What? It's comfortable! Don't judge!" I said sticking my tongue out. As you can see, my childish side appears when I'm at home or comfortable with someone.

 

"Still as childish as ever. Ah. Baekhyun. How are you son?" and yet again I'm thrown to the side by my own blood for that . Baekhyun gave me a knowing smirk and replied to my dad

 

"I'm fine Abeoji. How was your trip?" My dad seemed elated that Baekhyun was "interested" in his business.

 

"Oh it was great! We learned about how to control taxes and.." My dad dragged Baekhyun to the kitchen with an arm around his shoulder and making random gestures to emphasize his points with his other. Hah. Take that you little piece of-

 

"ANGEL COME ON. LET'S EAT"

 

Chanyeol's POV

 

"Thank you for letting me stay Mr. and Mrs. Kang. I had a really good time" I said as polite as possible and bowed a perfect 90 degrees.

 

"No problem son. And you can stop with the formalities. You're part of the family now." Mr. Ka- Abeoji said with a smile. Now I know where Jieun gets her smile from. His smile was small but full of warmth.

 

Mrs. Kan-Eomeoni waved me off "Go on. Your mother is probably waiting for you" What a nice family. I hope they invite me again. I got into the passenger seat of the car and greeted my mom.

 

"How was your day honey?" She asked me with a tired smile and I knew she overworked herself again. Don't get me wrong, we aren't poor or anything. Infact, her job is pretty well paying but she tends to do more than asked from time to time.

 

"It was good." I smiled and stared out the window for the rest of the ride, listening to the soft sound of music from the radio.

 

 

A/N: I swear. I was gonna update yesterday but stupid homework decided to takae up most of my time. 

 

Anyway, I was listening to Doom Dada while editing/posting this and omg. trying to rap with him be like "ASFJKDGFV BJDFGBJEHFGAIUSCBSAJCASC DOOM DADA DIVI DA DA DOOM DADA DIVI DA DA DOOM HAENGJIN" < i totally didnt search up the lyrics for that part.... 

my fave part tbh

 

liek honestly. what. 

 

What's your favorite music video? (omg ik. impossible question to answer but just pick one LOL)