12

The Inevitable

Ji Eun's POV

"EUNNIE-AH. CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM." It was the day before Baekhyun came back and apparently we had to clean our house up because they were going to have a mini welcome back party. In a way, you could say I was reluctant to see Baekhyun again. I was worried he had changed even though it was only a month or so. I shook my head to free myself from my thoughts and started cleaning my room. There wasn't really much to clean for the room was fairly sorted out. I mean I did have some time to fix my room with it being summer and all. Four of my stuffed bears were sitting above my then folded cotton sheets. As I was fixing their orientation, my eyes fell on the multiple pictures on my wall. Seeing as I had already finished, I took my time gazing at every picture, studying the details and how much we have changed over the years. My trip down memory lane was short lived however when I was needed for assistance by my mother.

 

After helping my mother for another hour or so, I invited Chanyeol over to assist my never ending boredom. He arrived just as I was setting up a movie in my room. I faintly heard the familiar deep voice greeting my mom and the creaking of the stairs as a pair of feet ascended up. The giant finally approached my room and went straight to my bed. "Wow. Hello to you to Channie" I shook my head as he got comfortable. "I know you well enough to not have to greet you anymore." He sighed as he found a comfortable position and motioned for me to sit next to him. I obliged and rested my back on the head board and played the movie. Chanyeol, who was lying down, rested his head on my legs and hugged them. I was about to protest but remembered his love for skinship. I sighed and unconsciously started playing with his hair. He hummed in approval and snuggled to my legs more. I looked down to see him with his eyes focused on the tv with a contented smile on his face. Unknowingly, I smiled too and directed my eyes back to the movie. The movie was pretty good but I couldn't help but think how this would be if it were Baekhyun with me.

 

The movie had ended and Chanyeol had fallen asleep on my legs. I wanted to get up and grab some food as it was dinner time but the giant had a freaking strong grip and wouldn't let go of my legs. Suddenly, my tummy started letting out noises of complaint too. I puffed out my cheeks and tried shushing the awakening dragon I call my tummy by pushing it down. Despite my efforts, it still made weird noises. Aish. Why won't he let go. I think I'm going to starve. I ruffled my hair annoyed and let out a small whine. Unfortunately, my whining woke the sleeping giraffe. He looked up at me with a confused look until my stomach let out another noise. He looked down to see he had kept my legs captive and loosened his grip. "Sorry Eunnie-ah. You must be hungry." He sat up and rubbed his eyes. Just then, his tummy let out a small growl too. He sheepishly smiled "Seems like I'm hungry too." We both went down the stairs to be greeted with the smell of my mother's cooking. We sat at the table and scarfed down the food like wild animals. We washed our dishes and thanked Umma for the delicious food.

 

We went up the stairs and fixed my bed yet again. We were sitting while doing our own things when Chanyeol called me "Yes?" I looked up at him. "How did Big Bang perform their concert?" "How?" I was confused at the random question. "DAESUNG IT" I burst out laughing, clapping like a seal. He joined my hysterical laughter and clapped along. I gasped for air and pleaded for him to say another joke. We spent another two hours like that. One of those hours being made up of laughter. In the middle of one of our laughter fits, Chanyeol got a call. "Umma?... You're here? Okay I'll be out soon~" Chanyeol said while trying to calm down from his laughter. He stood up and hugged me. "See you soon~" I walked him down and waved to his mom. Chanyeol got in the car, quickly put on his seatbelt and waved at me goofily with both his hands. I waved back until his car turned around the corner and was out of my sight.