13

The Inevitable

Baekhyun's POV

"This flight better go by fast." I mumbled to myself and settled in my chair. Just a few more hours Baek. Two flight attendants stood at the front of the rows after warning us of the safety procedure presentations. I looked at them for a second, judging their rate of looks, and looked away after concluding that they were only a 5 out of 10. Disappointed, I closed my eyes, hoping to sleep through the whole flight. I hope Ji Eun likes my "gift".

 

Ji Eun's POV

We were yet again waiting in the airport. We've been here for an hour already. Apparently their flight was "a little" behind. I rolled my eyes and adjusted my earphones and put the volume even louder. G-dragon's voice blasting into my ears. I nodded along and tapped my fingers on my legs.

 

Halfway through the next song, I saw my mom getting up from her chair and running to something. I looked up and saw her hugging Eomeoni. I smiled at their little reunion and got up from my chair. I greeted Eomeoni and Abeoji and looked around for the boob who I had missed. "Looking for me?" A voice said behind me. I whipped around and saw Baekhyun with a smirk. I opened my arms to hug him, which he reciprocated, but stopped when I saw a familiar tall figure behind him, talking to Umma. I slowly closed my arms and walked passed Baekhyun, causing him to lose his smile. I didn't really pay attention to him but out of the corner of my eye, I could see him dropping his arms to his sides.

 

"Oppa?" I called and walked towards the figure. He turned around and smiled at me. I squealed and tackled him with a hug. "Oppa! I missed you! How was your trip? Why are you here? Omo. I missed you so much." I bombarded him with questions as I squeezed the life out of him. He chuckled and patted my head. "I missed you too" He squeezed me back and picked me up, spinning me around like how he used to when we were younger. I giggled and enjoyed the air hitting my face. He put me down a few seconds later "God. You got so heavy." I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder which he held and feigned hurt. "You're welcome" someone, whom I have forgotten about, said cockily. I spared him a glance "Thank you." I turned my attention back to my brother and put my arm around his waist, leading him to our car.

 

Baekhyun's POV

I frowned as I saw Ji Eun walking away with her brother. I grabbed my luggage and followed my parents to our car.

 

We arrived at our houses and dropped off our luggage. We walked over to the Kang's residence for our "party". As soon as we walked in, a giant poster saying "Welcome Home~" in Ji Eun's neat writing greeted us. We took of our shoes respectfully and made our way to the kitchen. I grabbed a piece of bulgogi and wandered up the steps. Ji Eun's door was a little open and I peeked in to see her talking animatedly with her brother. I didn't want to interrupt so I went back down the stairs and settled for the couch. I propped my legs up and decided to play on my phone.

 

After half an hour of being on my phone, I decided that it was no longer entertaining so I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. I flipped through the channels and stopped at a channel that just played movies. The rest of my stay basically consisted me switching from my phone to the TV. So much for the welcome home party. Soon enough, it was time to go back home. I praised the Lord because I was getting really bored. We bid the Kang's goodbye and thanked them for the food. We crossed lawns and entered our own home. I immediately went up the steps, deciding that I would just unpack the next day.

 

I reached my fairly clean but still messy room and went to my bathroom after grabbing clothes to wear. I got ready for bed and lied on my bed for a few minutes. I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of how Ji Eun completely ignored me. No, I'm not jealous of her brother and no, I'm not in love with her. I'm just upset that my best friend completely forgot about me. I mean, I'm freaking great. Who would forget about me? As I was replaying what happened earlier in my head, I came up with the final thought of playing "hard to get" too. I concluded my thoughts by deciding to start the next day. I mentally praised myself for my brilliant mind and with that, I rolled on to my side and had a dreamless sleep.