7

The Inevitable

Baekhyun's POV

 

5...4...3...2...1 RINGGGG HALLELUJAH. IT'S FINALLY SUMMER.

 

The students around me scrambled out of the classroom, probably to bask in their "freedom." I ran to Jieun and Chanyeol and pulled their arms, wanting to start relaxing as soon as possible. We all walked to Jieun's house as per usual. Ever since Chanyeol came over that one day, it just continued on.

We reached the front steps and took off our shoes almost in unison. Jieun opened the door and I said my infamous line "I'M HOME~"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes with a small smile and greeted Eomeoni. She had run to us with a giant smile and a giant pile of cookies.

 

"Umma, what're the cookies for?" Jieun asked while reaching for one and munching on it.

 

"YOU JUST FINISHED YOUR FIRST YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL! WE NEED TO CELEBRATE~ CHANNIE COME GET SOME" She nearly shoved the entire plate in his face. At that same moment Abeoji came in the room.

 

"Ah Baekhyun. Your parents just called. They want to tell you something," He said while giving me that familiar warm smile. I nodded.

 

"Alright, I'll be back soon~" I gave Eomeoni and Jieun a kiss on the cheek, much to Jieun's complaint and gave Chanyeol a simple nod.

Jieun's POV

"Gross." I said while wiping my cheek and watching Baekhyun's retreating figure. Okay. I might have acted all grossed out but in reality, butterflies were flying all around my tummy. Stop it Jieun. It was only a friendly kiss. He gave one to your mother too.

 

"I wonder what they have to say" Chanyeol's deep voice snapped me out of my trance.

 

"Yeah. Me too." I shrugged and grabbed the plate of cookies and motioned for Chanyeol to follow me. "Let's watch a movie in my room"

After much debate, we decided to watch A Werewolf Boy which was surprisingly Chanyeol's choice. He had said that his older sister would've forced him to watch it anyways and if he watched it before her, he could spoil all the good parts. Yeah right. Nice try Channie.

At first it was awkward. We were sitting stiffly next to each other on my bed. That was until I saw Chanyeol rubbing his arms, most likely cold from the air conditioner.

"Hey Channie" His head snapped towards me.

"Hmm?"

"Share the blanket with me. You seem cold." He seemed hesitant but shifted closer to me, attracted by the warmth of the soft blanket. We both snuggled in and watched the movie intently. Well, Chanyeol was. I, on the other hand, was about to pass out. I tried my best to keep my eyes open but somewhere around the part when the lead actress played the guitar, I fell into a deep sleep. The last thing I recall was my head falling on a shoulder.

Chanyeol's POV

I felt something hit my shoulder and looked over to see Jieun asleep. Not wanting to wake her up, I decided to leave her as she is. God knows what happens when you wake her up.

 

"Shh. Be quiet you giant. Your footsteps are too loud."

 

It was a Saturday and Baekhyun came up with the wonderful idea of waking up sleeping "beauty." We were currently walking up the stairs but the damn steps kept on creaking.

 

"Yah. It's not my fault. It's the stairs." I said defensively.

 

He rolled his eyes "Whatever. Okay. Now. Sshh." He stealthily opened her door and tip toed in. I followed back silently with my back arched down like in those spy movies.

 

"1...2...3! EUNNIE. ITS TIME TO WAKE UP! YOUR BAEKKIE AND CHANNIE ARE HERE!" Baekhyun and I yelled and jumped on top of her. All of a sudden I felt like I was flying. All the air was knocked out of me as I hit the ground. I lied there slightly dazed. I sat up to see Jieun straddling Baekhyun and choking him.

 

"YAH. DO YOU WANT TO DIE? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" I started chuckling.

 

Her head snapped towards me and she pointed to me with a menacing glare. "You... BOTH OF YOU WILL DIE." Baekhyun and I looked at each other and scrambled to hide from the beast we call Jieun.

I smiled at the memory and continued watching. A few minutes later, I heard a faint voice from downstairs say "I'M BACK~" then footsteps coming near.

Baekhyun opened the door "JIEUN IM-" he stopped seeing her asleep. He frowned, disappointed that she couldn't greet him but knew well enough not to wake her. He silently sat on the other side of her and stretched the blanket to accommodate the three of us.

After a while, Sleeping Beauty finally woke up. The movie had been done a while ago and we switched it some random channel. She looked up while rubbing her eyes "Ah. Mianhe Channie. I didn't know I fell asleep."

"Gwenchana" I smiled.

"Hello to you too Eunnie." Baekhyun interrupted. She spared him a glance and scowled.

"Love you too~" He said making a heart with his fingers. She shifted her gaze to the TV. It was silent until...

"Really guys? Pororo? I mean. It would make sense for me to watch it because I freaking love this show but really? You guys? Did not expect this."

 

Both of us stammered "A-ani. We just switched it and it was on!"

 

"Mhmm. Oh yeah! What did your parents need Baek?"

 

"Oh. Ah well..."

 

 

 

A/N: I have nothing to say except eXO'S COMBACK IS IN FReAKinG TWO DaYS