9

The Inevitable

Baekhyun's POV

"Flight 406 to China leaves in one hour. Flight 406 to China leaves in one hour." A voice echoed throughout the airport. I was sitting with Ji Eun and Chanyeol while waiting to board.

"Aigoo. One more hour?" Umma sighed and turned back to gossip with Eomeoni. My appa and Abeoji, on the other hand, we're talking about their growing business. Suddenly, I heard choking and someone thumping their chest. I whipped my head towards the source to find out it had been Ji Eun choking on her bubble tea.

"Don't die." I said while taking her drink and sipping out of it. Of course. Rose tea.

"Tapioca is very dangerous for your information. You can die from choking on it." She crossed her arms like a child.

"Aigoo. Still as childish as ever" I pinched her cheeks and stretched them as a grandma would.

"Yah~ Ahjumma~ Let go~" she said slightly muffled due to my hands pulling on her cheeks. Chanyeol, who had been witnessing this all, was off to the side, chuckling at our silliness.

 

Ji Eun's POV

The hour flew by too quickly for my liking. It was time for that to leave. As much as I don't want to admit it, I'll miss him a lot. His happiness. His jokes. His personality. His eyes. Oh god his ey- What am I talking about? I sighed. At least I'll spend the other half of the summer with him. Besides. I have Chanyeol. The intercom was once again calling for the flight that my best friend will be on. We all stood up. He hugged my parents and bid them a polite goodbye. He turned to Chanyeol and gave him a bro hug. He finally turned to me and we stared at each other for a while.

"Um. Are you gonna hug me or what?" I said, breaking the silence. He smiled and gave me a warm embrace.

"I'll miss you Eunnie-ah" He whispered into my hair.

"Same Oppa." This was one of the rare moments where I call him Oppa. He pulled away with a gasp.

"Yah! You called me-" His mom cut him off by pulling his arm.

"We have to go Baekkie~" I smirked and waved back. Omo. I almost got caught. Thank you Eomeoni~

 

We drove Chanyeol home and went to our own in silence. My mom's silence probably caused by missing her best friend, or more like her sister. My dad's probably caused by not having anyone to talk to. Lastly, mine being caused by missing that dingus. I sat cross legged on my bed, my back grazing the headboard, hair wet and dripping on to my bare legs due to my shower. I stood up, deciding it was time to brush my hair. I stood infront of my mirror and realized that my eyes were wet. Why am I crying? It's only half the summer. I quickly brushed my hair and lied on my bed. I pulled up the blankets to my chin and grabbed the giant rilakkuma bear Baekhyun had gotten me for my birthday when we were kids and hugged it. I lied there for about a minute and during that long minute, I realized how lonely I am without Baek. I know I have Chanyeol but it's not the same. I shook my head in attempt to clear my mind. Slowly I drifted off to dreamland.

 

I woke up with a start. My phone was constantly ringing blaring the stupid ringtone Baekhyun had set up.

"What?" I snapped.

"Uh. Hi Ji Eun-ah. I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out? I was really bored and figured you would be too"

"Why would you be bored so early in the morning?!" I said ruffling my hair in frustration.

"Um. It's 2 pm..." He quietly replied.

I shot up "Really? Sorry. I'll go get ready. Let's hang out at the café?"

"Okay~ Bye Eunnie~"

"Byee~"

 

I jumped out of bed and grabbed my usual clothes, a sweater and skinny jeans. I took my time taking a shower, enjoying the water jets softly hitting my back. I changed, grabbed my phone and headed down the steps. Once I had reached the bottom, I was greeted with the sight of a casually dressed Chanyeol waiting on one of the couches facing the opposite way. Wanting to scare him, I tiptoed to the couch and spread out my arms.

"BOO!" I screamed while grabbing on to his shoulders. I burst out laughing at his reaction. He screamed, a very girly scream at that, and fell of the couch. I was cradling my poor tummy which felt like I had a six pack. I wiped away my tears and stood up.

"Let's go?" Chanyeol glared at me but followed anyway.

"UMMA. APPA. IM GOING WITH CHANYEOL TO THE CAFE. DONT WORRY. I HAVE MY PHONE."I yelled

"OKAY" two voices replied.

"So are we just going to stay at the cafe? I have a lot of time on my hands" I asked curiously.

"You'll see" Chanyeol responded nonchalantly but a hint of a smirk was on his face. I wish I could read minds. I really wonder what that giraffe is thinking of...