Seven~

Club Dangerous

“Jimin’s awful! He doesn’t even pay attention!” Namjoon whined the day before the club meeting, looking at the other five in the room since Jimin was off with the club leaders to set up for the performances. “He’s not even here for our final practice!”

“He has a club to run,” Seokjin said with a from. “THIS club to be exact! Stop ratting him out! He’s not doing anything!”

“It’s not his fault he can get overly excited,” Jungkook added, stepping up for his recently deemed boyfriend. “For your information, he’s the first one who learned the dance AND the song with no problems! He’s been practicing like hard even when we’re not practicing. He deserves some credit.”

“I agree,” Hoseok said, nodding his head. “What do you have against him? What’s wrong with the poor kid to make you hate him so much?”

“Well he-”

“Hey guys!” a voice said as Jimin rushed into the practice room, throwing his bag down. “I’m sorry I’m late. Junho hyung, Youngjae and I had to go over some things for tomorrow.”

“You’re okay,” Jungkook assured him as he walked over to him, making sure to glare at Namjoon the whole time.”

“Let’s practice!” Yoongi announced, wanting to step in before Namjoon said anything. “Everyone in positions.”

“Did you forget our hats this time?” Jimin asked, looking at Jungkook.

“Nope,” Jungkook said, handing one to Jimin. “I brought them.”

“Good,” Jimin said with a laugh, remembering how Jungkook forgot their hats they needed in the dance the last couple of practices they had. “Then let’s start!”

“How are you so cheerful?” Namjoon asked with raised eyebrows.

“Is it a crime to be happy?” Hoseok asked in his defense. “You know, you’re really pissing me off with your attitude towards Jimin.”

“Did you want to stay in this club?” Seokjin asked, seriously.

“Well, of course,” Namjoon said, nodding his head.

“Well, you’re messing with the wrong person,” Jungkook stated. “He has the power to kick you out of the club if you mess with him the right way. And if you continue on like this and he doesn’t do anything, I have the power to kick you out.”

“Oh you do, huh?” Namjoon asked, crossing his arms and tilting his head to the side as if challenging him. “How would you do that?”

“I’m close with Junho and Youngjae. Knowing Junho, he doesn’t like like this happening to his best friend,” Jungkook stated. “Neither does Youngjae. They would kick you out in a heartbeat.”

“So you would tattle on me? How mature,” Namjoon said with a snort.

“He’s protecting Jimin,” Taehyung stepped up. “I think we all would do the same thing.”

“Guys, please, let’s stop!” Yoongi cried. “They have a point, Namjoon. I don’t know why you hate the kid so much. But he is standing right here. Let’s just stop all of this, please. Our competition is tomorrow.”

“Let’s get started,” Jimin agreed, nodding his head. “Let’s stop talking as if I’m not here, please. I can hear all your hateful comments, and I don’t like it. But please, I don’t want to have to deal with this tonight.”

“Agreed,” Jungkook replied, nodding his head. “Start the music.”

...

 

“I’m here!” Youngjae said with a wide grin, running over to his group members. “Sorry! The hyungs and I had to find some judges for tomorrow. How are you guys?”

“Youngjae!” everyone cheered, smiling widely at him and waving their hands.

“Thank god you’re here!” JB cried, grinning. “We want to go shopping!”

“Shopping?” Youngjae asked, frowning. “But I don’t have any money.”

“We’re just shopping for our stage outfits,” JB assured him. “And don’t worry, I’ll buy for you.”

“But hyung-”

“No buts, Youngjae!” JB cried, throwing his arm around the boy’s shoulders and steering him out of the room. “You’re not the only one who’s not going to wear a matching stage outfit!”

“Hyung, can you buy for me too?” Bam Bam whined, following closely behind the two.

“No, Bam Bam,” JB replied, walking out the front doors of the school with the other six following.

“But why?” Bam Bam asked with a pout, ignoring Jackson who was trying to pull him and Mark to the front of the group while he bugged JB.

“Because you have your own money,” JB replied, unconsciously grabbing Youngjae’s hand in his own.

“But I have other things I need the money for!” Bam Bam continued, shaking his head. “How come only Youngjae gets special treatment?”

“How about you bug someone else to pay for you?” JB asked with a smirk. “I’m only paying for Youngjae.”

“But what about me?” Yugyeom asked, suddenly popping up next to them. “I’m poor, hyung! I can’t pay for myself!”

“Hyung! We’re younger than Youngjae hyung! You should pay for us, too!” Bam Bam whined, causing JB to frown and turn on them.

“Guys, I said no,” He said sternly.

“We’re only playing hyung,” Bam Bam said, pouting. “You don’t have to get mad.”

“Hey! Young ones! Jr! Let’s leave the love birds alone!” Jackson called from in front of them, causing Youngjae to blush. “Come over here!”

“Yah! Jackson Wang!” JB called after him, but he just laughed and ran ahead with the other four.

“Aish, these kids,” JB said, shaking his head.

“They’re fun,” Youngjae said with a laugh. “I’m glad I met you guys! It’s a definite change from being with Junho and Jimin hyungs all the time.”

“I still feel bad for Jimin and Jungkook,” JB said with a laugh. “How Junho interrogated them.”

“Junho gets REALLY protective over me and Jimin,” Youngjae said with a sigh. “He’s practically our older brother. I’m glad we have him.”

“I bet it’s weird now that you’re with us all the time and not them,” JB said with a sigh. “What’s gonna happen now that Jimin and Jungkook are dating? Are just the three of you going to hang out?”

“Jimin doesn’t ditch his friends,” Youngjae said, shaking his head. “He’ll make sure to spend time with just the three of us. But it would be fun if all six of us were to hang out again.”

“That would be fun,” JB agreed with a wide smile. “You guys are really fun to be around.”

“Yeah,” Youngjae said with a proud grin. “I love them.”

 

...

 

“GO CRAZY!” Junho shouted, jumping on top of his bed and waving his arms around in excitement. “Come on guys! Let’s just have fun tonight! We’re definitely ready for the performance! Let’s take a break from practice!”

“I agree,” Junho said, nodding his head. “Let’s go out, guys! Go crazy in the city!”

“We do have school in the morning,” Taecyeon said with a loud yawn. “How about we stay here and watch a movie or something?”

“Let’s play video games!” Chansung cried. “We can go crazy with gaming!”

“Video games sound fun,” Junho agreed, jumping down from his bed and grinning at everyone. “What do you guys want to play?”

“Do you have Mario Cart?” Chansung asked him. “It was fun when we played Mario Cart and Jimin’s house with JB and Youngjae!”

“Dude, you know that’s my favorite game!” Junho cried. “Let’s play!”

“Are you guys going to play?” Junsu asked, looking at the other three.

“I’ll play!” Wooyoung cried.

“I’m gonna watch netflex,” Taecyeon replied, taking out his laptop.

“I’ll watch with you,” Nichkhun said, following Taecyeon so they could both lay down on the bed and look at the screen.

“Sound’s good to me!” Junho replied, walking over to the tv in his room and starting up the game. “Let’s have fun tonight and then have fun tomorrow! It would be amazing if we can win!”

“If we win, then I’ll treat all of you to dinner tomorrow night!” Junsu cried. “I’ll treat the other groups, too!”

“And then all of us can go to karaoke!” Junho added. “I’ll pay for all twenty of us!”

“Sounds fun!” everyone agreed, cheering together.

“This will be fun!”

 

...

 

“I’m scared,” Jungkook whispered as he and Jimin stood outside the classroom where the rest of their club members were. They were told that they had to perform first. “I can’t do this!”

“Yah, yes you can,” Jimin scolded him, pulling him into a tight hug. “I believe in you. I know you can do this, Jeon Jungkook. Have faith in yourself, because I have faith in you.”

“Hyung,” Jungkook said, shaking his head. “This is awful.”

“Shh,” Jimin whispered, patting his back. “Come on, we can do this.”

“Hyung-”

“I’ll be right next to you the whole time,” Jimin assured him, pulling back and pecking him on the cheek before pulling his hand to drag him into the room.

They both went up to the stage, followed by the rest of their group. They looked at the group of teachers who were sitting in front of the stage. They were going to be the judges for this competition. Jimin smiled and bowed to them before looking at everyone else in the room. Junho nodded to him so that he could start speaking.

“Hey guys, I’m so glad you came today!” Jimin cried with a wide grin. “Today’s the day of our first competition! Mr. Choi, Ms. Kim, Ms. Shin, Mrs. Jung and Mr. Young will be our judges today. They will judge us by dance, song, costumes and enjoyment of our songs. Before the start of the club, Junho, Youngjae and I drew lots to see who would go first. Looks like my group is first him.”

“Neh,” Namjoon said, stepping forward with the group and motioning for everyone to bow.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Bangtan Sonyeondan imnida!” they all shouted together.

“This song is called We Are Bulletproof, which we decided to name our group after,” Namjoon continued. “Please anticipate.”

The song started and Jimin kept an eye on Jungkook the whole time. They younger boy looked very nervous but tried his best to get out there. He stuttered a little when he started, but soon gained confidence and was able to get more into the song. However, Jimin was watching him so intently, too worried about him, that he tripped and fell and almost missed his cue. He quickly jumped back up and continued on with his part.

Once the song ended, Jimin bowed his head in disappointment, feeling like he messed up the whole song. He didn’t look at anyone as he left the stage and went to the back of the room, sitting in the only seat near Junho. He couldn’t even bear to look at Jungkook, who he could tell was giving him worried glances. He felt like he let them all down, and he knew the loss would be on him if they lost. He didn’t give his best in this song.

“Yah, it will be okay,” Junho whispered, patting his back. “Don’t look so sad.”

“Come and get it!” JB cried, catching everyone’s attention and making them look up to see Youngjae’s team on stage.

“Got7!” the group cried together and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo Got7 imnida!”

“Annyeong!” JB cried again, waving at everyone. “We called ourselves Got7, cause we have 7 people in our group! This song is called Stop Stop It! I hope you all like it!”

And like that, the music started. Junho and Jimin kept a close eye on Youngjae, who looked like he was having a lot of fun. He had a wide smile on his face the whole time they performed as he jumped and danced around with his group. Youngjae’s usual shy self was gone and he bolted out his lyrics, causing the two friends to be very proud of him. Jimin forgot about his mistakes for just a little bit just to cheer on his younger friend. Their support seemed to make Youngjae even happier.

Once the song ended, Youngjae rushed off the stage and ran over to them, hugging both of them and jumping up and down in excitement. Jimin laughed and patted Junho’s seat as the older boy stood up to go on stage. Youngjae happily sat down next to Jimin, with JB sitting on the other side of him. Jimin was glad they had fun and hoped the judges would give them a good score. He enjoyed the song.

“Annyeonghaseyo! 2PM imnida!” Junho’s group cried together.

“We have no special meaning to our name,” Junsu told the club members, “but I hope you’ll enjoy our song and ‘Go Crazy’ with us!”

The song started, and just like Junsu wanted, the whole room jumped up and started cheering together, jumping around and singing along. Jimin smiled softly at Junho, who was having fun on stage. Just by looking at this performance and watching the one before, he knew he lost. No one made any mistakes, not like he did. That alone saddened him again. Once Junho finished, he didn’t jump up and clap with everyone else. He just stayed with his head bowed, trying to ease the shame he was feeling towards himself.

The judges all stood up and went on stage, picking up the microphones that were up there. They each bowed to the students in the room, while everyone stared at them nervously. The music teacher, who let them open this club, Mr. Choi, cleared his voice and looked at the papers. Jimin couldn’t look up, not now and definitely not later. He wasn’t ready for the horrible comments he would get from Namjoon at the end.

“Well, that was really fun,” Mr. Choi said with a grin. “I really enjoyed that last song. That definitely made my day. And... Nichkhun was it? Are you wearing a skirt?”

“What?” Nichkhun asked with wide eyes, looking down at his odd, dress like outfit. “No.”

“That’s alright,” another one of the teachers said with a smile. “Well, I guess I’ll rate each performance, should I? With the first team, our Boyscouts, I’m gonna give you guys an eight out of ten. You all were very energetic and fun. That small mistake was what made me take down your score a little. You... Jimin was it? seemed very distracted and out of it. When performing, make sure to focus on your performance and not on the people around you.”

“I’ll give this group a nine,” the teacher next to her said with a smile. “I’m not going to take off points because of a small mistake, because everyone makes mistakes. I enjoyed the song very much and I can tell you put a lot of effort into it. Who created the dance?”

“Me and Jimin,” Jhope said, raising his hand.

“Well, I especially liked the dance. You guys did a great job with it!” she said with a smile. “I can’t wait to see more dance performances from you two. I’d say that’s the best dance I’ve seen in this competition.”

“I’ll have to give you guys a three,” the other girl teacher, Mrs. Jung said strictly. “All of you seemed to be just focusing on yourselves, except for Mr. Park Jimin here. On stage you’re supposed to have fun, but you were all serious and in your own little worlds. Just take this as an advice to you. Next time just lighten up a little and have some fun!”

“I think a three is a little too harsh,” Mr. Choi said, shaking his head. “I’m gonna give you guys a seven. You were fun, but a little bit distracted. The dance was great, so I’ll give you props on that. The lyrics were fun as well. I really enjoyed your performance.”

“As for me,” the last teacher said with a sigh. “I’m gonna have to give you guys an... eight! I really really liked this song. Great choice, boys. Don’t look down on yourselves too hard.”

“As for the second group,” the first teacher, Ms. Kim, said with a smile. “I’m gonna give you guys a full out ten! Great great great job, guys! From the costumes, down to the perfect synchronized choreography, I could tell you had fun and that you really practiced hard. It was an amazing performance. My favorite! Great job, boys!”

“I’ll give you guys a seven,” Ms. Shin said. “It was fun and very enjoyable, but very repetitive. Use more words in your lyrics, alright? But all together, great job boys!”

“I really liked this performance,” Mrs. Jung said. “My favorite out of the three. I didn’t see any mistakes or anything wrong with it. I’m gonna give you guys a nine.”

“A nine?” Mr. Choi asked. “And you gave Bangtan a three? That doesn’t seem too fair.”

“We were told to judge, and I judged,” Mrs. Jung said, shrugging her shoulders. “These are my scores.”

“Well, it’s a little harsh,” Mr. Choi said with a sigh. “Well boys, I’m gonna give you a seven as well. I liked yours just as much as the other group. You did a great job!”

“As for me,” Mr. Young said, “I’m gonna give you guys an eight. It was a very powerful, fun performance. Your teamwork really showed off and I can tell you all had fun performing together. Great job, boys. Hope to see more from the seven of you. Oh, and I really loved your introductory phrase. That was pretty impressive.”

“Wow! Great scores, boys! You did amazing!” Ms. Kim cheered. “I guess I should move on to the next group, 2pm. I’m a little disappointed you guys didn’t have a special meaning behind your fun name. But the most disappointing aspect I saw was your costumes. I’m a fashion freak, just so you know. They were a little too flashy. I’ll give you guys a seven.”

“I’m gonna have to give you guys an eight,” Ms. Shin said with a smile. “You were very very very fun. I love how you got everyone to join in and sing along. It was a fun song and I would definitely ‘Go Crazy’ with you any time. Good job, boys.”

“My score will have to be a seven as well,” Mrs. Jung said, causing all of Jimin’s group to groan in disappointment. “It was a fun song, but I also think the costumes were a little too much. Otherwise, the dance was very enjoyable.”

“Hmm,” Mr. Choi said, glancing at the group. “I loved this song, you know, but I’m gonna have to give you guys a six. Good job, boys.”

“And last but not least, I’m gonna give you guys a nine,” Mr. Young concluded. “My favorite song of the night! It’s gonna be stuck in my head all night now.”

“Neh, thank you,” Junho said, walking onto the stage with his phone in hand. “Well, I calculated the judge’s scores and found our winner. I guess we’ll start with the losing team, with thirty five points... Bangtan Sonyeondan.”

“Yah, why are you crying?” Youngjae asked the second Jimin burst into tears, but Jimin just shook his head and looked away from everyone else, not wanting to face anyone cause he knows he’s the reason they lost.

“Second place,” Junho said, sending worried glances towards Jimin. “Is 2PM with thirty seven points.”

“See, they just beat you by two points,” Youngjae said, patting his hyung’s back.

“And winning team, please step up here guys, is Got7 with forty one points!” Junho cried, causing the seven to cheer and jump up.

Youngjae gave one last worried glance towards his hyung before running up on stage to greet his hyung. Jimin then jumped up and ran out of the room, not being able to stand it anymore. He was happy for his younger friend, but he felt awful for his group. Because of his one small mistake he ruined it all. He was trying to prove himself to Namjoon, but he failed.

“Yah! Park Jimin!” a voice cried after him, but he ignored him and leaned against a wall, sliding down to the floor and crying into his folded arms.

“Shh, Jimin hyung, it’s okay,” the voice of Jungkook whispered into his ear as he pulled his boyfriend into a hug. “It’s okay, you’re okay.”

“It’s all my fault,” Jimin whispered, shaking his head. “We lost because of me.”

“We didn’t lose because of you,” Jungkook replied, shaking his head. “You were just worried for me. It’s not your fault.”

“But it is,” Jimin said, still shaking his head.

“No it’s not,” Jungkook replied. “I think you were amazing, so just stop it.”

“But-”

“Stop,” Jungkook said again, kissing his forehead. “Don’t blame yourself, okay? Everyone makes mistakes. You were amazing, hyung. Don’t you forget that.”

 

A/N All these scores are what five of my non kpop fans (one of them now turned BTS fan because of this) gave. I hope you liked it!! I'm so disappointed they didn't give BTS higher scores! The one that gave them a three said it's because they are cute boys trying to be gangsters. She doesn't like that. I based them off these performances (even though Jimin doesn't fall in it. That's just improv)