Nine~

Club Dangerous

Youngjae watched as Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok walked in, confused on where the other three were. The four made no comment as they walked into the living room and sprawled out on the couches. Youngjae wanted to say something, but Jaebum pulled him aside to show him a video on his phone. The younger boy sighed and clung onto JB's arm, watching the video. He suddenly felt comforted.

"Where are we going to eat?" Junsu asked, looking at everyone in the room.

"Can we get take out?" Hoseok whined, already starting a match of Mario Cart with Taehyung, Junho and Chansung on the tv.

"I like the idea of take out," Jackson agreed, plopping down on the ground so he watch the game.

"Me too!" Bam Bam cried, nodding his head.

"Take out it is then," Junsu said, taking out his phone. "Jimin, where are the other three?"

"Oh," Jungkook spoke up. "We had a fight with Namjoon. Jin has to babysit his sister, and Yoongi's dad was mad at him."

"Ah, I see..."

"Come with me, Jae," Jaebum said, pulling Youngjae out of the room and into the backyard.

“Where are we going, hyung?” Youngjae asked, running just to catch up with his pace.

“I just wanted to go outside, but not alone,” Jaebum replied, leading him over towards the backyard garden, which probably covered about a mile of land. “I just wanted to go on a walk. The garden looks pretty. It would take what, thirty minutes? To walk to the end of the garden and then another thirty minutes back?”

“Maybe,” Youngjae said, shrugging his shoulders. “Let’s test it!”

“My thoughts exactly!” Jaebum said with a bright laugh, causing Youngjae’s heart to skip a beat. He loves Jaebum’s laugh.

“I like adventure!” Youngjae cried, causing Jaebum to nod in agreement and start their trip through the beautiful garden.

“So, Choi Youngjae,” Jaebum said, taking a hold of Youngjae’s hand and causing the boy to jump in surprise. “Tell me about yourself. We hang out with each other, but I don’t know anything about you.”

“Well,” Youngjae said thoughtfully, trying to distract himself from the hand holding onto his own. “I’m not really that interesting, honestly. I mean, I’m an honors student, and I used to be in the Group of Nerds with Jin hyung a while back. My friends, that being Jimin and Junho hyungs of course, tease me all the time for being a nerd. Um, I’m an only child and I only live with my mother. I grew up in this city my whole life. And... yeah.”

“You’re not boring, Choi Youngjae,” Jaebum said, smiling. “Your life seems full enough. An honors student, that’s great! And for the record, I think you make a cute nerd.”

“Hyung,” Youngjae said, blushing deeply and turning to look at the plants they were walking by. “Wow, these are beautiful. I wish I had a garden. But I doubt I’ll have a garden this beautiful.”

“So this is your best friend’s house?” Jaebum asked, looking around. “His family must work really hard to maintain this garden.”

“Actually they hire gardeners,” Youngjae replied. “Also, I haven’t really gone that far into this garden. Never thought of doing so, honestly.”

“Well tonight we’ll go to the very end,” Jaebum assured him, guiding him through a green arch that stood in the middle of the garden and through a path of tulips. “They’re blooming beautifully.”

“I agree,” Youngjae said, looking at the different plants. “It’s that time of year.”

“Yeah,” Jaebum said as they continued to walk peacefully.

After a few moments of silence, Youngjae felt small drops of water on him. He looked up to see the sky darkening with rain clouds. Sighing, he looked over at Jaebum, who seemed to be enjoying the rain. Youngjae just nodded and continued to walk. Maybe he needed the rain to refresh himself.

“Oh look! A waterfall!” Jaebum cried after a while, the rain already becoming pretty heavy. “It’s beautiful!”

“It is!” Youngjae agreed, pulling Jaebum over to it so he could watch it for a little while.

“I wish I had one in my garden,” Jaebum stated, watching as the water fell down its little hill, into the beautiful pool of blue water that sparkled like diamonds.

“Yeah, me too,” Youngjae said quietly.

“I think waterfalls are beautiful and romantic,” Jaebum stated. Youngjae could feel Jaebum’s stare on the side of his face now.

“Yeah,” Youngjae agreed quietly, trying hard not to look at JB.

“You know what else is romantic?” JB asked the younger, causing Youngjae to turn on him. “Having your first kiss in the rain.”

“I wouldn’t know,” Youngjae said, almost whispering. “I haven’t had my first kiss.”

“Neither have I,” Jaebum replied, stepping closer to him.

“Hyung,” Youngjae started, but the older boy cut him off by suddenly placing his lips to the younger’s in a soft kiss.

Youngjae’s eyes widened in surprise, not sure how to react. It took him a couple seconds to actually return the kiss. However, once Jaebum pulled away with a satisfied smile on his lips, Youngjae was completely speechless. He stuttered out a few unrecognizable words before turning and running. He suddenly felt like everything was just happening too fast, and he didn’t know how to deal with him. He felt over pressured and he wanted to get away. Just far away.

 

...

 

“Hey, where’s Youngjae?” Junho asked, sitting down next to Jimin and Jungkook on the couch.

“Youngjae?” Jimin asked, looking around. “I have no idea.”

“He’s been gone for almost an hour now,” Junho stated. “I’m worried. And the food will be here any minute now.”

“I saw Youngjae go off somewhere with JB,” Jinyoung stated, looking at the two. “JB’s been extra clingy to him lately. We think there might be something going on between them lately.”

“I don’t know,” Jimin said with a frown, glancing at Jungkook. “Like they’re dating or something?”

“Unlike you, Park Jimin, Youngjae wouldn’t hide that from us,” Junho said, shaking his head. “Youngjae’s an open book.”

“Y-yah, Kookie and I just got together,” Jimin said, looking at his friend. “We didn’t-”

And just then the back door burst open and Youngjae came running through with tears falling down his cheeks. Junho and Jimin exchanged worried glances before jumping up and running after him. He run out the front door and into the streets. Junho sprinted as fast as he could catch a hold of the younger boy, saving him from getting hit by a speeding car. Jimin ran over to them, his eyes wide in fright.

“Choi Youngjae! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” Junho screamed frantically, pulling him off to the sidewalk on the other side of the street, Jimin helping him.

“H-hyung,” Youngjae whispered, crying harder.

“Yah, tell us what happened,” Junho ordered as he and Jimin hugged him tightly.

“I... I... I wasn’t ready,” Youngjae whispered, shaking his head repeatedly. “I wasn’t ready.”

“Ready for what?” Jimin asked him, exchanging worried glances with Junho.

“H-he kissed me,” Youngjae whispered. “JB hyung... kissed me.”

“What?” Junho asked with a frown.

“I just... I wasn’t ready... I... I didn’t want him to kiss me,” Youngjae whispered. “Not yet. It was... Too sudden. I mean... I didn’t think h-he even l-liked me... We’re n-not together or anything... But he kissed me.”

“Did he tell you he was going to kiss you?” Junho asked him.

“N-no,” Youngjae said, shaking his head. “It was just... a spur of the moment thing, I guess.”

“Do you need me to-”

“No, hyung,” Youngjae said with a deep sigh. “I don’t need you to talk to him... I’ll... I’ll talk to him myself. I just need to calm down a little.”

“Will you be okay?” Junho asked him.

“Yes,” Youngjae said, nodding his head.

“Okay, let’s get you inside,” Jimin said, helping Youngjae up. “You’re soaked.”

“Thanks guys,” Youngjae said with a small smile, letting his hyungs lead him inside.

Jimin pulled him straight over to the couch where he and Jungkook were sitting. Jaebum was already back inside, staring at Youngjae with sad, but sorry eyes. Youngjae ignored his gaze and just stared at his hands while Jimin whispered something into Jungkook’s ears. After a few moments of very agonizing silence, the food came. This lightened everyone’s spirits slightly. At least food would distract them from everything that happened.

 

...

 

“Do you guys have a dance made?” Namjoon asked the next afternoon, looking at Hoseok and Jimin.

“We came up with a little something,” Hoseok said, shrugging his shoulders. “It’s nice and simple, but it’s also a very filling dance, I think.”

“You want to show us?” Namjoon asked, causing the two to exchange glances before nodding and starting the dance, but was soon interrupted by a shout.

“JIMIN HYUNG!” the sound of a kid was heard while pounding feet came up the stairs. “HYUNG! I’M HOME FROM LA! I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU!”

“And that would be my brother,” Jimin said with a sigh.

“You have a brother?” Jungkook asked with wide eyes.

“I didn’t tell you?” Jimin asked just as the door swung open.

“HYUNG!” the boy shouted, before spotting everyone else in the room. “Hey, who are you guys?”

“Sungmin, these-”

“Hey, aren’t you Jung Hoseok?” the boy named Sungmin asked, pointing at Hoseok. “You were the guy hyung had a crush on a while back!”

“What?!” Hoseok, Jimin and even Jungkook cried at the same time.

“Crush? What crush?” Jimin asked with a frown, the first time ever hearing that.

“Did you have a crush on me, Jimin?” Hoseok asked, looking at the younger boy.

“No, never,” Jimin replied, shaking his head and looking at Jungkook. “I swear I never had a crush on him.”

“I believe you,” Jungkook said with a laugh. “Don’t worry about it, hyung.”

“Who are these guys?” Sungmin asked, suddenly forgetting about his previous comment.

“Sungmin, these are my club members,” I said, gesturing towards the others.  

“Club? You’re in a club? Since when?” Sungmin asked with a frown.

“Uh, since a month ago. You’ve just been gone in LA,” I said, shrugging.

“Your hyung runs the club,” Hoseok said, pointing at Jimin.

“But what happened to Youngjae and Junho hyungs?” the boy asked, frowning.

“They run it with me,” Jimin told him, shrugging his shoulders. “Our club is a music competition club. We split up in three groups and we have to write a song, make a dance and perform it. We  compete for first place.”

“Is this your team?” Sungmin asked, looking at the six extra boys in the room.

“Yes,” Jimin said, nodding his head. “We’re Bangtan Sonyeondan. This is Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi. Next to me is Jeon Jungkook, and our two best friends, Taehyung and Hoseok. And of course you already know Hoseok, so yeah.”

“What are you to my brother?” Sungmin asked, looking at Jungkook.

“What?” Jungkook asked with wide eyes, exchanging glances with Jimin. “Well, um, we-”

“They’re dating,” Taehyung stated, causing both Jimin and Jungkook to glare at him. “What? It’s true.”

“I could tell him that on my own, thank you,” Jimin snapped. “He is my brother, after all.”

“So you’ve been in LA?” Jin asked, changing the topic to Jimin’s relief. “Why’d you go there?”

“Oh, my church youth group went there for a huge youth gathering!” Sungmin said excitedly, clapping his hands. “We were there for two months! We got to go to Disney Land and ride very fun rides! It was really cool! And we stayed on a hotel by the beach and I got to stay in a room with my father and my best friend!”

“Your dad went?” Jin asked with a smile.

“Yeah, he’s our youth leader,” Sungmin said, nodding his head.

“How old are you, Park Sungmin?” Jungkook asked, smiling at his boyfriend’s brother. “Your evil brother here hasn’t told me anything about you.”

“We’ve only been dating for a week,” Jimin said with a whine. “We’ve been so busy and we’ve had so much going on! I thought I did tell you.”

“Shush,” Jungkook said, holding his hand up. “I’m talking to your brother.”

“I’m thirteen. I’m in my last year of middle school,” the boy said proudly. “I’ll be going to your guys’ school next year!”

“That sounds awesome,” Jungkook said with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you Sungmin.”

“Alright, let’s practice,” Jimin said. “Sungmin, do you want to watch us?”

“Yes!” Sungmin cried, plopping down on Jimin’s bed. “Let me see!”

“Alright, let’s start,” Jimin said with the smile and turning on Hoseok, nodding his head.