Ten~

Club Dangerous

Jimin’s group went through their song one more time, before they all stopped and grinned happily. Namjoon went to everyone slapping their hands and congratulating each one for their great performance. He then went to his bag and pulled out chocolate bars, throwing one to each of his group members. Jimin sighed and plopped down on the ground, pulling Jungkook with him. He was tired yet excited and grateful for all the hard work they went through.

“I’m really proud of all of you,” Namjoon said happily. “In twenty minutes when we do this performance, I think we will rock that stage. I have faith in all of you.”

“I think we’ll do amazing,” Jungkook agreed, nodding his head. “Our teamwork definitely showed this time round. Let’s show everyone what we can do.”

“I think we’ll win,” Jimin said confidently. “No one had any troubles with the dance and we’ve been able to perfect it.”

“The biggest stage we’ve performed on is the one in the music room,” Jin stated. “This is going to be a bigger stage, since we’re in the auditorium. Good luck and remember to space out and enjoy yourselves.

“We can do this,” Hoseok said confidently, just as the door flew open.

“HYUNG!” Jimin’s brother shouted, running over to Jimin and hugging him tightly. “I came to cheer you guys on!”

“Hey bud,” Jimin said, ruffling his hair. “You’ll get special seating with the judges, since you’re not voting.”

“Where will that be?” Sungmin asked, clapping his hands.

“Front row seat, bud,” Jimin said with a laugh. “Come on guys, let’s get dressed in our stage outfits so we’re ready for our performance. I have to make the announcements with Junho and Youngjae.”

“Alright, let’s do this!” Jin cried. “Come on, everyone put your hand in.”

Everyone gathered in a circle and put their hands in the middle. After Jin counted to three, they shouted ‘hwaiting’ and cheered loudly. They then rushed out of the room so they could get ready for their performance. Jimin felt happier than he has since he’s joined this group. He had high faiths in his group this time around.

When it was five minutes till the performance, Jimin, Junho and Youngjae gathered behind the stage curtain. Youngjae seemed out of it, and Jimin knew exactly why. He still hasn’t fixed things with Jaebum, and he could feel the awkwardness between the two when they were together. Youngjae was doing everything he could to avoid Jaebum. It just made the both of them really sad and upset, and Jimin wished he could fix it.

“Let’s go,” Junho said, taking a mic while the other two followed suit. He then gave Youngjae a reassuring squeeze on his shoulder before leading the two on stage. “Annyeonghaseyo, thank you for joining us tonight! I see we have way more than two hundred people gathered here to watch us tonight! Sadly only two hundred of you are able to vote. The rest of you can enjoy the show.”

“This competition is between three groups, Bangtan Sonyeondan, Got7 and 2PM,” Jimin continued with a bright smile, spotting his little brother next to the judges. “We’ll have five judges who will judge us before you can put in your vote. The two hundred voters were giving a clicker provided by the school. Bangtan Sonyeondon will be letter A, Got7 will be letter B and 2PM will be letter C. At the end of the performances when you’re aloud to vote you will chose the letter of the group you liked. We will get the results on our computer and Junho hyung, Youngjae and I will announce the winners at the end.”

“And now we’ll choose the group that will go first,” Youngjae said, trying to muster up a smile while holding out a small hat. “I will draw a name out of the hat here, and the person who I draw’s team will perform first. The second name I draw, their team will perform second. And then we’ll have the last team perform... Well, last.”

“Alright, Youngjae,” Jimin said, taking the hat from him. “Go ahead and draw.”

“Okay, so the first name will be... Hwang Chansung from 2PM!” Youngjae cried, causing Junho to sigh. “Looks like you’re going first, hyung.”

“I guess so,” Junho said, nodding his head. “Alright, choose number two.”

“Okay, person number two is... Kim Namjoon from Bangtan Sonyeondan!” Youngjae cried, now turning on Jimin. “Looks like I’m the lucky one! My group gets to perform last!”

“Alright guys, please enjoy the show,” Junho said, having the two bow with them before they left the stage.

Junho went out and ordered for his group to get ready. They all grabbed their chairs and posed on the side. Junho brought his to the middle of the stage and sat down on it. He motioned for the curtains to be opened and then smiled at the crowd, waving at them. Together he and his group bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Junho said again. “2PM imnida. The song we’ll be performing is called All Day I Think of You. It was composed by Kim Junsu and choreographed by me. I hope you enjoy it.”

After that being said, the music started and Junho started singing. Jimin stood in the back next to Youngjae and Jungkook, watching the group perform. He could already feel himself getting nervous, after seeing how well the older group was doing. They all looked serious and seemed like they were getting the song down really well.

When the song ended Jimin sighed and looked at the rest of his group. Jungkook looked a little more confident than he usually did, but Jimin still went over and gave him a quick hug of support. They took the chairs the older group used and positioned them in the way Hoseok and Jimin instructed during their practices. Jungkook took a hold of his microphone as everyone sat down and nodded at the person opening the curtains. The curtain opened and Jimin’s brother immediately started cheering.

“Annyeong, Bangtan Sonyeondan imnida,” Jungkook said into the mic, his voice a little shaky but he kept a bright smile on his face. “This song is called Just One Day. It was written by Min Yoongi and Kim Namjoon, and choreographed by Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin. Please anticipate and enjoy! I hope you guys like it.”

The music started, and everyone got completely into character. They all had wide grins on their faces and each of them showed how much fun they were having on stage. Everyone got each of their parts right, and there were no mistakes. The melody was nice and sweet, and their cues were right on. Jimin didn’t even mind the fact that he only had one small part.

Before his part started, they were all walking to the front of the stage and Jungkook dropped his microphone. Everyone winced slightly but continued on their way as Jungkook bent down and picked the mic back up, blushing slightly. Jimin started singing and made sure to pay attention to his part this time while Jin gave Jungkook a reassuring pat on his back. Jungkook just gave a shy smile and was able to get into his part without any troubles. The song ended smoothly, and the group rushed off the stage with wide grins on their faces.

As they went off, Jimin noticed Youngjae sulking off to the side, far away from JB. It looked like the younger boy was about to cry, which worried Jimin slightly. He walked over to Youngjae and looked him right in the eyes. He then bent over and hugged him quickly, hoping his mood would be lifted. He hated seeing the boy upset.

“Yah, what’s up with the long face?” Jimin asked him, patting his back.

“I want to talk to Jaebum again,” Youngjae whispered. “But it just feels so awkward. I don’t know what to do. I miss him, hyung.”

“Talk to him after your performance,” Jimin declared. “If you want, I’ll be there with you. Everything will be okay, Youngjae. I have faith in you.”

“Hyung, I’m just so scared. What if he hates me?” Youngjae asked with a pout.

“He doesn’t hate you, Youngjae,” Jimin said, shaking his head. “No, he definitely does not hate you. I’m here for you, okay? Don’t be scared.”

“Thanks hyung,” Youngjae said with a small smile.

“Now go out there and destroy that stage, Choi Youngjae,” Jimin said with a grin. “They’re waiting for you, so don’t be late.”

“Okay, thanks hyung!” Youngjae cried, before running off on stage. The curtain opened and Yugyeom started talking.

“Annyeong! Thanks for coming, guys! We’re Got7, and we’ll be performing a song called I Like You,” Yugyeom said confidently into the mic, grinning brightly at the crowd. “The song was written by Im Jaebum, and all of us made the dance together. I hope you like it.”

The song started in flashy red lights, wowing the crowd. Jimin kept on eye on Youngjae, who was being painfully awkward around Jaebum. He was proud of how well the group was doing, but Youngjae’s and Jaebum’s bad moods definitely brought down the rest of the group. If they weren’t so awkward, then the dance and performance would have been ten times better. Jimin secretly prayed they wouldn’t get a bad score.

He watched as JB turned the chair around for Youngjae, trying to help Youngjae onto it. He could see Youngjae’s eyes feeling up with tears as the boy avoided contact with his crush. He then stood on his chair and started singing, and Jimin could have sworn he saw tears rolling down his cheeks. Youngjae quickly wiped his tears away before giving the crowd a fake smile and continuing his part. It was too painful for Jimin to watch, so he just turned away until the song was over.

All twenty club members then gathered on the stage in front of the judges. Jimin, Junho and Jungkook stood with Youngjae in the back, each giving him a small hug. Youngjae gave each of the a grateful smile before they turned to the judges. Junho asked the judges to state the pros and cons of each of their performances, which the judges nodded. It was the same judges from the last performance.

“I gotta say, Bangtan Sonyeondan has really improved since their last competition,” Mrs. Jung said with a satisfied grin. “Now that I’ve seen what you guys are capable of, I feel really bad for giving you a three last week. I’m sorry boys. Great job. I have nothing to say against you.”

“I agree with Mrs. Jung there,” Mr. Choi said, nodding his head. “And even when Jungkook dropped his mic, every single one of you continued as it nothing happened. Unlike last time, you all stared at Jimin who had fallen and Jimin even missed his part. But this time he went straight into his part, not missing a beat. I’m proud of the seven of you. Amazing job, boys!”

“Bangtan Sonyeondan. Stunning performance,” Ms. Kim said with a bright smile. “I loved the red outfits. Honestly, there’s nothing I can say against your guy’s performance. You had fun and got along with each other. I never saw a smile leave any of your faces. Great job, boys!”

“I agree with them,” Ms. Shin replied. “You were my favorite performance tonight. I loved it all. Great job. There is no words I can say to criticize you guys. You came up with a perfect dance and a perfect song. I can’t believe you learned it in just a week. You’re fantastic!”

“I have one question for Jimin and Jungkook,” Mr. Young said, causing the two to look at him. “Are you two close?”

“Yeah,” the two said together, nodding their heads with soft smiles.

“Well, it really showed,” Mr. Young stated. “Even when you two were on opposite sides, you two had a glow surrounding you when you would look at each other. You two would laugh at the same exact times, and you kept making eye contact. That’s what really caught my attention. You two were flawless. Actually, all seven of you were flawless. I loved it! Great job!”

“Thank you!” the Bangtan boys cried together, bowing deeply to the judges.

“I’m gonna go on to 2PM,” Mrs. Jung said. “Honestly, you guys seemed a little too serious for this song. It was a good song and the dance was beautiful, but work on your expressions. Have a little fun! And can I do my evaluation on Got7? Just to speed things up?”

“Yes, go ahead,” Mr. Choi said, nodding his head.

“Well, Got7, what should I say... There’s two of you in the group who had some very intense tension going on,” Mrs. Jung said with a sigh. “It was a little too overwhelming. I don’t know what’s going on, but when you’re so awkward around each other like that, everyone else can see it.”

“I agree with Mrs. Jung,” Mr. Choi said with a sigh. “Got7, I hope you guys fix whatever’s going on between you. But before we go on to that, let me talk about 2pm.  You boys definitely have the aura of a big shot boyband. You guys did amazing. It was a great song and great dance. I really enjoyed it. And with Got7, I really liked your song as well. It’s the tension... and the amount of chairs that disappointed me. The other two groups used seven chairs, while you guys only used one. While the flipping on stage was awesome and everything, just once chair that was barely used kinda defeated the purpose of this competition.”

“Ah, neh,” the Got7 boys said together, frowning slightly at the words given to them. Youngjae was definitely saddened by the words.

“Can I just say that if it wasn’t for the Bangtan Boys, then 2pm would’ve rocked this stage? Wow, you guys were great! I mean, I agree with your expressions being too serious, but what does that matter?” Ms. Kim asked with a grin. “You guys were flawless. I loved it. And Got7... Youngjae, right?”

“N-neh,” Youngjae whispered into his microphone.

“I don’t know what made you cry, but you crying made me want to cry as well,” Ms. Kim said sympathetically. “It literally broke my heart. But after you started crying, you covered it up well and continued your part. You’re really professional, Youngjae. I wanted to praise you on that and I do hope your day gets better.”

“Thank you,” Youngjae said, bowing politely to her.

“I agree with the other judges,” Ms. Shin said with a sigh. “You guys were great, both groups. The dances and songs were flawless. But honestly speaking, I would vote more for 2pm then for Got7, just because your tension was a little too much. I liked how Mark, Jackson, Bam Bam and Yugyeom ignored the tension, but the other three couldn’t avoid it. In the end, it made Youngjae cry. Like Ms. Kim said, that broke my heart. I hope you guys figure out everything.”

“And finally,” Mr. Young said, turning the attention to him. “I want to applaud both your groups. In my opinion, you guys did great. Every single dance and song tonight was perfect. I loved it! 2pm, especially Junsu, I could tell you guys were really getting into the song. Mark, I loved your expressions in your song. Jr too. Great job you guys. I applaud you.”

“Thank you,” 2pm and Got7 said together, bowing to the judges and then turning the attention to Junho.

“We’ll now have you guys put in your votes and we’ll announce the winning team in five minutes,” Junho said with a smile. “Remember, BTS is letter A, Got7 is letter B and 2pm is letter C! Thank you for watching our performances.”

“How are you going to get the votes in without knowing beforehand?” Junsu asked as everyone left the stage.

“I have a teacher back here gathering the votes for us,” Junho said. “He’ll write on pieces of paper and put them in envelopes, kinda like in those award shows. The three of us, Youngjae, Jimin and I, will announce the winners afterwards.”

“I’m nervous,” Jimin said quietly, grabbing a hold onto Jungkook’s hand. “I’m so nervous.”

“We’ll do fine, hyung,” Jungkook said with a confident smile. “I know we will.”

“Alright, results are in,” the teacher said, walking up to them before five minutes were up and handing Junho three envelopes.

“Come on, Youngjae, Jimin,” Junho said, turning on the two.

“Youngjae, let’s go,” Jimin said, throwing his arm around the sad boy’s shoulders. “Come on, don’t be upset anymore, Youngjae-ah. As I said, everything will be okay.”

“Neh hyung,” Youngjae replied as the three made their way back onto the stage.

“Annyeong!” Junho cried to the crowd once again. “That was fast, wasn’t it? Thanks for voting fast, guys. I hope you really did enjoy tonights performances. I guess we should announce the winners, huh?”

“Let’s announce second place first,” Jimin said, taking the envelope from Junho and handing it to Youngjae. “Do you want to do it, Youngjae?”

“Oh, neh,” Youngjae said, taking the envelope from Jimin’s hands. “Alright, second place... with forty eight points... Forty eight?! How many points does the winning team have then?! Forty eight is almost a fourth of two hundred! Who ever is first place... Wow, they won by a long shot. Um, anyway,” Youngjae continued, opening up the folded piece of paper while keeping a poker face. “Second place goes to 2PM! Will you guys please come out here?”

“Wow, this is amazing!” Junho cried as his team members joined the stage. “Second place with only forty eight votes? Wow, first place is really heading in votes. Great job to the first place winners.”

“Should we announce first place then?” Jimin asked.

“Well, let’s ask the other two groups to come out here before we announce it,” Junho said, smiling at the other two. “That way it won’t be as nerve wracking.”

“It’s already nerve wracking, hyung,” Youngjae said, shaking his head while the other two groups made it onto the stage.

“Alright,” Junho said, opening up both envelopes and reading the number of votes. “In first place, there’s a hundred and ten votes. In last place, there’s forty two votes. They only lost by six votes, at least. It was a drastic number, luckily. I guess I’ll have Youngjae and Jimin stand on either side of me and I’ll lift up the hand of the winner.”

Junho then read over the two letters, before walking between his two friends and grabbing their hands. He tightened his grip on both of their hands and gave them reassuring smiles. Youngjae just stared at the floor, not in the mood to discuss anything. Jimin had a feeling that it wasn’t Youngjae’s group that won. He suddenly felt very sorry for them. And just as he thought, Junho slowly brought up Jimin’s hand, causing everyone in the crowd and on stage to go crazy.”

“Congratulations Bangtan Sonyeondan!” Junho cried into the microphone as the group jumped around in circles together, cheering loudly and crying tears of joy. “You guys now get to create a music video with the winning song and have the possibility of having it shown to one of the major entertainment companies! Great job, boys. I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you so much for joining us here tonight,” Jimin said into the microphone after his small celebratory dance with his group. “This competition was brought to you by the Dangerous Club! Please have a great night tonight guys. Thank you!”

 

A/N Annyeong~~~~ I'm sooooo sorry for the long wait (even though this is the only story I've been updating in the last couple weeks. I should update my others.... And then apologize to those readers... But yeah, I just recently broke my computer and my phone =_= I have such bad luck! And in the mean time I've been trying to save up my concert money for BTS. Luckily I sent my friend my ticket money... But hopefully my phone repair doesn't take up all my money for my plane ticket.... And I'm hoping to get my computer fixed soon. I'm sorry for the delay guys. If I don't update soon, it's cause of my computer... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this and thank you so much for everyone who voted! Of course BTS won by a long shot, lol