Fried Chicken

Kimchi and Ice Cream

"Whoa this is awesome hyung!" Sungjong's face completely changed into wonder after he saw this. "You're defying science! How do you do this?"

"If you tell anyone about this I'm done for." Sungyeol pleaded at Sungjong. "I'm already being held like hostage with Myungsoo. I don't want any more trouble."

"Alright." Sungjong patted Sungyeol on the shoulder. "As long as you help me solve the mystery behind WM. Your demonstration proves that there's definitely something more to the rumour that it appears to be."

"Why are you so interested in this anyway?" It wasn't uncommon for regular people to get curious about these powers, but the way Sungjong was expressing his intents was peculiar. 

Sungjong's face suddenly grew serious. "That girl was my cousin. At that time I was attending school in another city. I didn't hear about the accident or about Woohyun until after it had happened."


"What took you so long?" Sungmi opened the apartment door to welcome Sungyeol back. "And what happened during lunch?"

"Powers accidentally used; Sungjong kept bothering me; Blackmailed to work for WM as lighting person; powers revealed; sister scolds me for being late home." Sungyeol listed off. 

"Wait." Sungmi turned around with fear. "You REVEALED your powers?! To who?"

"Sungjong." Sungyeol sat down on the couch. 

"Bro, why did you do that!" Sungmi grabbed a cushion and sat beside him. "We're screwed!"

"No Sungjong's going to keep this secret, don't worry." Sungyeol grabbed the cushion from Sungmi's grasp. "Actually I have a feeling that Woohyun has a power too based on what Sungjong told me." 

He explained as much as Sungjong had told him about Woohyun's past. "Sounds pretty fishy to me too." Sungmi exclaimed. "But there are bits and pieces that I don't get. Like, if Woohyun was seen as an angel," Sungmi made a hurling expression, "He has the power of air manipulation?"

"Most likely." Sungyeol nodded. "We don't get it either, but I promised that I'd help him uncover as much as we can."

"I'm in." Sungmi self-appointed herself into the team. "Seulbi and I are going to see their concert on Wednesday. Though, isn't it it simpler if we just went straight to Woohyun and beat him up until he spills the beans?"

"You're fire-grounded, remember?" Sungyeol pointed at her bracelet. 

"Aish, hurry up and master your water skills Yeollie." Sungmi mumbled in frustration. "Or else by the time I turn 80 I still won't be able to use my fire."

"It's harder than it looks!" Sungyeol messaged his temples. "You can make fire out of thin air, but I need to be able to move something that's liquid!"

"Oh please," Sungmi stuck out her tongue, "I need oxygen for my flames."

"W-well that's still lighter than H2O! See? There's TWO things attached to that one oxygen!"

The doorbell rang, interrupting their little argument. 

"I ordered fried chicken since I didn't know when you'd be coming back." Sungmi ran up to the door with her wallet. When she opened the door, Sunggyu was holding their delivery. 

"Hi Sungmi!" He greeted brightly. 

"You are SERIOUSLY everywhere!" Sungmi's mouth dropped. Sungyeol's head could be seen popping out from the wall.  

"Yup! Proud to be serving the community." Sunggyu took out the bill. "So how goes your blustery day Sungyeol?"

Sungyeol bowed his head. "You saw it too?"

"Crossing paths with either Myungsoo or Woohyun can be considered bad luck, for normal people. But who knows?" Sunggyu took the bills and handed Sungmi the food. "Well, I'm off to the next delivery, see you guys soon!"

Sungyeol came over and slowly closed the door. "Did he say normal people?"

"Did he say bad luck?" Sungmi wasn't aware of Sungyeol's comment and took the food to the eating area.

"Has he been here for a while?" Sungyeol continued. "I wonder if he knows anything about Woohyun's past."

Sungmi already half-ate a chicken thigh. "If he did, wouldn't he tell the same story as the others?"

"Better ask anyway. And don't you think it's sort of creepy that he's everywhere?"


"Here's your chicken order Woohyun." Sunggyu was also serving delivery to the boy next door. 

Woohyun nodded and gave him the cost of the chicken. 

"I heard that you guys have a new person in charge of lights." Sunggyu counted the change. 

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with a blank expression. "Your point?"

"I'm just trying to get a conversation going. It's been a while since you've been talkative. I guess I'm not the one for the job, even though I know you're hurting a lot inside."

Woohyun didn't want to hear any more from Sunggyu and slammed the door in front of him.

"Aish...how are you supposed to lift that spell if you're just going to obey it." Sunggyu shook his head and sighed.