Woo Who?

Kimchi and Ice Cream

"Yeollie...we're in different classes..." Sungmi sighed as she looked at the class assignment poster. It wasn't the first time the siblings were separated into different classrooms, but Sungmi always got worried of how Sungyeol would deal with his classmates. Without Sungmi's adlib jokes, Sungyeol simply freezes up and ends up secluding himself from the other students. Don't get it wrong, but Sungyeol also has a great sense of humour and dorkiness, but it's hard for him to feel comfortable in a group environment to show it. 

Sungyeol lifted his glasses. "Don't worry about me. You should take care of yourself too. Don't burn too many things in your path."

Raising up her arm with the bracelet, Sungmi pointed at it. "Couldn't even if I wanted to!" The siblings went their separate ways.

Sungmi liked to arrive to the classroom earlier so that she could meet new people and friends. When she tried to enter the room, her way was blocked by a familiar figure. She could even hear the gum-chewing. "Oh please don't tell me..."

He turned around and glared at Sungmi.

"Woohyun! Looks like we're in the same class again!" A voice from the hallway called out. The guy in front of Sungmi looked into the hallway and bumped into her shoulder before walking out.

"Guess who's having burnt meals this year..." Sungmi mumbled under her breath before walking into the room.

It was pretty much apparent to Sungmi that the class was divided into a few groups already. Choosing the 'right' one for herself may involve some risks. If she talks to the wrong group first, then the other groups might not accept her. Sungmi gulped and was going to walk towards a group before a girl came by.

"Hey!" Her face was lit up. "You're a fan of Woohyun too?"

"Woo-who?" Sungmi looked into the hallway. "I'm new to the neighbourhood..."

"Oh, but you're interested in him right?" Sungmi could almost see hearts in her eyes. "I'm Seulbi and I'm a part of the WM fanclub."

"WM?" Sungmi squinted her eyes. "What's WM?"

"Woohyun's a part of a singing duo in the school." Seulbi tried to hide her blushing. "I'm so so so happy that I'm in the same class as Woohyun ahh..."

"Let me guess. The other guy's name starts with a M?" Seulbi wanted to answer but was cut off due to the bell. Sungmi could already tell that she was being pulled into a ridiculous group. To put a beautiful layer of icing on the cake, Woohyun sits directly in front of her. 

If I had my powers your seat would just melt to the ground! She thought to herself. 


Over at Sungyeol's room, the class was filled with 75% guys. Once again, he stood out from the others due to his height. He quickly found his seat and sat down, trying to fit into the background. At this position he was able to overhear conversations that were happening around him:

"Myungsoo! Are you and Woohyun still doing the gig?" A guy asked. 

Myungsoo smirked. "Of course. We kept getting fan mail even during break."

"Ah, lucky! My girlfriend is totally into you guys as well. It makes me jealous." He lightly punched Myungsoo on the shoulder.  

Myungsoo chuckled. "I'll be sure to give you a pair of tickets for our next concert."

"Thanks buddy."

Sungyeol could already detect that there were certain school favourites. As long as he didn't cross paths with these people, he should be able to live a peaceful year at high school. 

And that was what he thought before the liquid spill incident.