Window of Opportunity

Kimchi and Ice Cream

Woohyun blinked when Sungmi asked to stay. Sungmi's cheeks were a little pink.

"I-I mean, it's your birthday after all. You shouldn't spend it alone..." Sungmi was slightly flustered. 

"Well I didn't plan anything special..." Woohyun was going to show his skill to Seulbi, but now that's she's not here he had nothing else prepared. 

"Then allow me to ask you this: Why do you act all cold and such outside?" Sungmi crossed her arms.

"You wouldn't understand." Woohyun tried to shake off the topic - how could he even explain something supernatural to a regular person? "Just think of it as an image for the duo."

Hrm, what if he has two personalities? Sungmi's thoughts were bouncing around in her head. She has heard of some dramas involving multiple personalities, so it might be pretty cool to witness something in real life. 


"Okay, are you SURE you got everything this time?!" Sungyeol's arms were getting sore while Sungjong was happily counting his fingers.

"Yes, that should be it." Sungjong chirped as they arrived at the bus stop. 

"Maybe taking the taxi is better..." Sungyeol huffed as he looked at the three large luggages, along with two carry-on bags. 

"But the bus is cheaper..." Sungjong took out and flipped his wallet upside down. 

Sungyeol nodded in frustration and turned around to sit in the waiting area. He noticed a strange graffiti on the side of the window that said "H is coming."

"Whatcha looking at?" Sungjong peeked over. 

"Nothing, just some graffiti." 

Sungjong looked puzzled. "What graffiti? The window's pretty clean here."

"It's right there!" Sungyeol pointed directly at the H, but Sungjong shook his head as he could not see it. "This is strange..." 

The first bus that came along was already jam packed of people. "We really should take the taxi..." Sungyeol repeated. 

"Let's try another one first." Sungjong insisted, even though he knew it was highly unlikely to find a bus that had room to fit his items. As he predicted, the next bus was also quite full. 

"Okay that's it we're taking a taxi." Sungyeol began to look around, dragging Sungjong's belongings with him.

"W-wait up hyung!" Sungjong collected the remainder of the items and followed along. Behind the bus stop two figures watched them until they turned around the corner. 


Sungmi observed Woohyun's living room. There wasn't much to describe about it, as it was plain with the usual items you would find in any living room. 

"So what do you do for a past time?" Woohyun awkwardly begun the conversation. 

roast marshmallows with my hand! At least, I used to... was what Sungmi wanted to say. "I'm still exploring the area. Any places you recommend?"

"There's a cafe that Myungsoo and I like to go to for relaxation. It's not far from school. They sell bingsu right until fall." 

"Please don't say that Sunggyu also works there..." Sungmi frowned as a joke, which made Woohyun chuckle. 

"Ah that guy is literally everywhere, but don't try to go and look for him though. He doesn't like that." Woohyun shrugged. 

"That sounds contradictory." Sungmi was trying to find some topics to delve into Woohyun's personality. "How long have you known Myungsoo for?"

Is she picking up an interest in him? Woohyun felt a little jealous. "We've been friends since childhood. Why?"

"You guys seem really close, that's all." Sungmi continued. "Who thought of the idea to start a duo?"

Woohyun hesitated. "Myungsoo did."

"Ahh." Sungmi nodded. "Pretty genius idea, minus the attitude that came along with it."

Even thought the bracelet chose Sungmi, Woohyun was still very uncomfortable in telling her his secrets, yet this was the only day to reveal it. It was a now-or-never situation until four years later. Woohyun cleared his throat. "Actually I-"

Sungmi's phone notification lit up. "Oh, it looks like my bro's back. Do you know Sungjong from school? He's moving in as a renter." She stood up as she read the text. "I gotta go. It seems like they've brought quite a bit of stuff over." 

"Alright." Woohyun looked away.

"Hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday." Sungmi slipped on her shoes and left. 

The window of opportunity for Woohyun was just too small. He sank back into the couch looking defeated and ready to accept his fate of being forever locked by the bracelet's power.