New Roommate

Kimchi and Ice Cream

Two days had gone by since Woohyun and Seulbi spent time together. Woohyun did not say much to Seulbi, but it seemed as if Seulbi understood him every time. 

What invisible bond. Woohyun mocked the bracelet's power. Even without a bond with Seulbi, she can see who I am inside. 

Woohyun was willing to endure the pain he gets whenever he slightly expresses his emotions to be able to communicate with Seulbi. They were grabbing some ice cream after school ended. 

"You're a really cool guy." Seulbi blushed. "It's really a dream come true that we're, you know...doing this together. "


Back in the sibling's apartment, Sungjong invited himself over by following Sungyeol all the way from school. When Sungmi opened the door her face was completely surprised by the guest who jumped right in. She gestured "Why?!" to her brother who responded back with a gestured "I tried to avoid him."

"Whoa hyung this is so cool you have two floors!" Sungjong pointed upstairs. "What's up there?"

"Uh, three bedrooms." Sungyeol finally managed to take his shoes off. 

"What's the third bedroom for?" 

"We might be renting it out in the future but for no-" Sungyeol was cut off by Sungjong's excitement.

"Is it all right if I take it then? I'm currently staying with my relatives because my parents have went abroad to support their business overseas." Sungjong gave the siblings his puppy eyes look.

"Wha-?" Sungyeol was taken by surprise. Sungmi rushed over to make sure she wasn't hearing things. 

"Besides! I know your secret already so there won't be any extra hassle trying to hide it to a tenant." Sungjong nodded quickly in hopes that Sungyeol would follow his nods. "I promise I won't cause any troubles."

Sungmi was actually surprised that her brother had made a friend so quickly at school. Despite her brother's silent pleadings, she responded, "Sure! Why not!"

"Thank you so much, um..?" 

"Call me Sungmi." She raised her arm for a handshake and was responded with two hands clasping hers. She tilted back to whisper into Sungyeol's ear. "He's pretty cute!"

[Woohyun suddenly felt slightly jealous inside as he was eating his ice cream. Can this be the bracelet and Sungmi's doing? He tried his best to avoid thinking about it.]

"Sungmi-noona.." Sungjong began.

"J-just call me Sungmi,please!" She didn't want to sound old. 

"Sungmi," Sungjong correct himself, "do you have cool water powers too?"

"No I can create fire."

"Wha? That sounds so cool! Can I see?" Sungjong was as bright as ever. 

"Actually, you can't." Sungyeol started to laugh. "She's grounded from using her powers by our parents."

"Says the person that might as well be equivalent to a grounded person." Sungmi disapprovingly commented and Sungjong looked confused. "Basically speaking, he has terrible control over his powers, and I can't use mine until he masters his." 

"Ah!" Sungjong nooded in understanding. "So it's really okay for me to stay?" he reaffirmed. Sungmi punched Sungyeol on the back. 

"Ouch!" Sungyeol crouched a little. "Fine fine, you can rent from us."

"Thank you guys so much!" Sungjong came up to Sungyeol and hugged him. He then gave Sungmi a hug.

Gyah, he's so cute. Sungmi hugged him back.

[At this point Woohyun's heart started to hurt. He placed his hand on his chest and breathed deeply. Aish what is Sungmi doing. Why is it making me this anxious?

"Woohyun-oppa, are you okay?" Seulbi asked politely.

Woohyun gave her a quick nod.] 

"I'll bring my stuff over the weekend?" Sungjong took out his phone to text his relatives that he found a place to stay. 

"No problemo!" Sungmi poked her brother. "He'll help you."

The boy bowed quickly to the two and repeated, "Thank you so much. In return I'll help out however I can!"

In the cafe, Woohyun and Seulbi finished their ice cream. 

"Woohyun-oppa, I remember that your birthday is coming up this weekend. Do you have anything in mind that you like?"

What I want most is my freedom. Woohyun shrugged. "I'll be home that day."

Seulbi blushed. "A-are you inviting me over?" Woohyun once again gave a quick nod. "Ah- I'm honored! I'll bring a cake over!"

Oh please,just let it be Saturday already. Woohyun pleaded inside. Just a few more days until I can tell her who I really am.