Invisible Bond

Kimchi and Ice Cream

What was that? Woohyun was taken back from the contact. His bracelet had never glowed before, so why now?

Sungmi grasped the area near her heart. It wasn't exactly a wince of pain, but she was confused with the feeling. Seulbi looked at the two in confusion. The lunch ended with quiet murmurs and with Woohyun leaving first. 

"Seulbi, are you okay?" Sungmi turned her attention towards her. 

Seulbi nodded. "I should be asking you that question. Did the punch hurt?"

Sungmi had no idea how to answer her. "I think I'll be fine in a bit." For that split second when the punch landed, she had an image of herself sitting on a couch leaning on Woohyun who smiling sweetly. Hallucinations are never a good thing. Maybe I should see the school nurse. 


Up on the rooftop, Myungsoo met with Woohyun, who was sitting on the side of the wall. "I heard that it didn't go too well with lunch."

Woohyun was fixated on his bracelet. "For the first time since the day I had to wear this, it glowed."

"Eh?" Myungsoo was intrigued. "Any idea what that means?"

"Nope, but it didn't glow because of Seulbi. It was because of Seulbi's friend." Someone whom he had never seen until recently. 

Myungsoo sat down beside Woohyun and closed his eyes to reach his inner thoughts. "Her name's Sungmi, if I recall properly."

Woohyun started to poke the beads. "Why aren't they glowing now?"

"Seems like the first step for your journey has started." A third person entered the conversation. Sunggyu was wearing a cleaner's uniform holding a mop and a bucket. 

"Care to elaborate, Grandpa Gyu?" Myungsoo rested his head on his palm. 

"You might actually be able to break the bracelet's spell." Sunggyu announced. 

"No..." Myungsoo sighed. "I mean tell us what's up with the bracelet glowing."

Sunggyu pointed at the bracelet. "It thinks you two are compatible and attached an invisible bond between you and the girl."

Woohyun thought what Sunggyu said was ridiculous. "That girl has an attitude I won't ever like."

"That's what they all say." Myungsoo teased Woohyun. 

"No but seriously, this piece of nonsense totally got it wrong. What does this bond do?" Woohyun didn't really want to hear Sunggyu's response, but felt that he needed to anyway.

"Since the bracelet prevents you from showing your emotions (and powers), the bond is similar to something that you would call a loophole. The two of you can sense when the other one is in danger, in need of something, and even when your eyes are wandering towards other people." Sunggyu briefly explained. "Of course it doesn't tell you exactly what's going on, or else it'd be too easy for the spell to break. You still can't use your powers though, so don't even think about that."

Myungsoo couldn't help but snicker. "This sounds like someone's cruel idea of having fun with other people."

Sunggyu shrugged. "I'm not the maker of these bracelets, who knows. However the one you have is one of the more rare ones that I've seen. Your parents must have really not liked how you behaved."

Woohyun fiddled with the beads. "Wait, why are you telling me this?"

"That's because you can't physically tell Sungmi about it due to the bracelet's inhibitors. I figured I should help you a bit with your problem." Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo. "And I know that you won't say anything about it."

"Heh." Myungsoo patted Woohyun on the shoulder. 

"Remember." Sunggyu flipped the mop over his shoulder. "All THREE of those beads need to be coloured for the spell to break." He left the rooftop. 

"You still have four more days to spend with Seulbi, just pointing that out." Myungsoo poked Woohyun.

"I'd rather ignore whatever 'bond' that the bracelet placed on me than to understand a girl that would suddenly try to punch me." Woohyun waved his hand signalling a "never"-motion. "I may not look like it, but I am willing to try to be with Seulbi."

In the past, Woohyun was attracted to sweet, kind girls - someone that would reciprocate his cheesy jokes and affection in the same way. He still firmly believes that this was what he looks for in a girl. Although he can't feel whether or not he has feelings for Seulbi because of the bracelet, he believes that it would be resolved once the spell was broken. That's why he was okay with Myungsoo setting him up with Seulbi. 

WM has known Seulbi as a fan since the beginning of the duet's formation. She had always been to every live they held and helped out whenever she could. Myungsoo easily picked up that she had a crush on Woohyun during one of her volunteer sessions.

As a matter of fact, this week was the perfect time that Myungsoo had made the announcement as Woohyun's birthday was on the coming Saturday. On that day Woohyun would be able to show Seulbi who he really was.