Unwanted Help

Kimchi and Ice Cream

Sungyeol placed the blazer onto Myungsoo's desk before other students came back into the classroom after lunch. Since it was apparent Myungsoo had some power over the other students, he felt uneasy as he sat back at his seat and waited for the lunch bell to ring.

"Ah hyung! Is this your classroom?" A familiar voice popped into the classroom.

"How is this guy still following me?!" Sungyeol blurted out as he placed his hands on his head. Sungjong gave him a small wave before stepping into the room. "Hrm, this room looks JUST like mine!"

Sungyeol has honestly never seen someone as persistent as Sungjong. He recalled in kindergarten when his sister was begging him to persuade their parents to buy a toy that she wanted since all the other kids were talking about it. This lasted for a week but his persuasion skills were pretty much close to nothing, so Sungmi ended up getting the toy for herself.  

"What do you want..." Sungyeol sighed. 

"Simple!" Sungjong bounced. "What happened in the cafeteria?"

"If I tell you, will you leave me alone?" Sungyeol was cringing inside. He was already feeling the stress pile up and he wasn't even the finished the first day. He wasn't even assigned any homework yet!

"Fine fine." Sungjong's eyes widened with excitement. 

Sungyeol took a deep breath. "Well actually I-"

Too late - the end-of-lunch bell rang. "No no no no..." Sungyeol facepalmed. 

"Ah, sorry hyung, I gotta go right now." Sungjong did a quick bow at Sungyeol and prepared to leave. "I'll catch you after school!" 

"Noooo...." Sungyeol face-desked. He wasn't even able to take a breather as Myungsoo and his friends came back to the room. Myungsoo took a look at his blazer which was still wet. He then walked over to Sungyeol.

"Tough luck kid." He smirked. 

Sungyeol adjusted his glasses and glared at him. "What do you want?" He was feeling humiliated inside.

"Our concert's coming up in a few days. Your job is to help with the lighting. The last guy was a bit...inadequate." Myungsoo looked around the classroom and the guys wouldn't dare look directly into his eyes. Some of them simply did a small bow while others appeared to be occupied with whatever is closest to them - one even tried to find the hidden meaning of the life of the class stapler. 

Hrng, I suppose that he's just threatening others to 'help' with the concerts. Sungyeol observed. 

Myungsoo continued as he slowly walked back to his seat. "I sure hope you'll do better. The rehearsal's tomorrow after school at the gym."

Sungyeol hasn't even been to the other buildings of the school, let alone know where the gym was located. His sister would probably have no idea either, which leads him to only one other person that he knows (apart from Woohyun, whom he knows would definitely not help him) in the school. 

"I can't believe I'm actually going to ask him for help." Sungyeol lightly whacked himself on the head. 


After collecting the money for the tickets, Woohyun was alone in the bathroom before the end of lunch. He looked at himself closely in the mirror and tried to fix his hair. A hemp bracelet with three un-colored wooden beads rolled down from inside his sleeve. He angrily tried to rip it off his wrist, but it was locked tightly and had no clasp to open it. His fist fell beside the sink and he let out a puff of a roar. With gritted teeth and tears filling his eyes, he looked up to the ceiling and whispered,

"When can I be free?"