Lunch Date

Kimchi and Ice Cream

Emotionless Woohyun approached Seulbi. The girl was shaking in excitement and fear. He handed her a white note and Seulbi accepted it with two hands. Woohyun then went back to his seat. Myungsoo of all the ideas you have came up with this is the most awkward one yet. Sure Seulbi was a kind girl, but Woohyun wasn't sure if she would be the one for him.

When the crowd dissipated, Sungmi was allowed back into the room. While others were still bugging Seulbi, Seulbi went over to Sungmi. 

"I-I can't believe it." Seulbi was still shaking. "I-"

"Relax Seulbi." Sungmi tried to calm her down. "What did the note say?"

"H-he wants to have lunch with me today." Seulbi continued to stutter. "I hope it's not too much to ask, but can you sit nearby?"

"Only if I'm able to get a spot." Sungmi pointed out as she starts to understand how the crowd functions at this school. "Honestly just be yourself Seulbi."

"Thanks Sungmi." Seulbi couldn't stop grinning. 

In Sungyeol's classroom, the few girls were expressing jealousy and envy. Some were complaining to Myungsoo.

"Oppa, why Seulbi? What's so special about her?"

"Oppa, this is only temporary, right?"

"How long has he liked her for?"

Myungsoo laughed. "All up to Woohyun."

"Oppa will you choose someone too?" A girl questioned which raised the attention of all the others.

"Maybe?" Myungsoo shrugged. He really wasn't in the mood giving answers all the people around him. 

Aish, he's totally just playing with them. Sungyeol thought. 


Seulbi was unusually early to line up for lunch. Sunggyu greeted each student kindly behind the counter. 

"Welcome Seulbi! Enjoy your lunch date!" He offered her a slightly bigger serving. Sunggyu was glad that Woohyun has stepped out of his comfort zone to start fighting the 'curse'. 

Seulbi's cheeks were red. "Even the staff know about this?"

"The cafeteria's the best place to listen to conversations." Sunggyu nodded in approval of himself. Seulbi was practically skipping off with excitement and it was Sungmi's turn to grab food. 

"Hi Sunggyu." 

"How are you finding the school after a week?" Sunggyu began to scoop the food. 

"It's a weird school, that's for sure." Sungmi admitted. "Not quite like the previous ones I've attended."

"This place is special." Sunggyu handed the plate to Sungmi. "You can even discover another side of yourself that you've never seen before."

"I'm discovering that I just want to burn certain people off from their popularity." Sungmi sighed. 

Sunggyu chuckled. "Well I'm sure someday they'll simply blow you away."

Sungmi picked up on Sunggyu's secret message. This guy definitely knows something about our powers. She continued to test his knowledge, "What if it just doesn't flow that way?"

Although Sunggyu was still smiling at Sungmi, something about his face showed a hint of seriousness. "Experiencing trouble will tell you whether or not it flows the right way. Next!" Sunggyu continued to serve the queue. 

Seulbi tried to keep her blushing to a minimum as she waited for Woohyun to appear. As if on queue, he walked by the corner and sat across from Seulbi. 

Okay Woohyun, just try a simple conversation. Woohyun spoke to himself in his head, but nothing came out of his mouth. A silent wind flew by between them, so Seulbi decided to start the chat. 

"Um...I'm honored to have lunch with you, Woohyun o-op-oppa." 

SAY SOMETHING, STUPID. Woohyun yelled in his brain. It didn't help and took the first bite. The bracelet even reacts to kind gestures that he makes to girls and sends a shocking pain so he wasn't even able to offer Seulbi a bite.

"Oppa, what's your favorite meal?" Seulbi asked. Woohyun kept chewing. 

"Oppa, which song is your favorite?" Seulbi tried again. Woohyun swallowed his food.

From Sungmi's perspective, the 'couple' looked more like two people who happened to sit at the same lunch table. Her irritated-meter was slowly going up. The people around the table started whispering malicious things. 

"Woohyun-oppa is completely ignoring the girl."

"What if this was all a hidden camera?"

"I heard that Seulbi has a crush on Woohyun since first year of high school. Maybe her crush was getting out of hand and she's being taught a lesson?"

Tears were forming in Seulbi's eyes. With one last attempt, she asked one more question. "Oppa, why do you like me?"
  
"Tch." Woohyun finally spoke something, but it was completely the opposite of what he had meant. 

Sungmi stood up in anger and walked towards Woohyun and slammed the table. "Okay this is enough. You didn't have to humiliate her in front of everyone." 

"Did you think I was trying to?" Woohyun fell back on his seat in a relaxed pose. 

Seulbi tugged on Sungmi's arm. "It's okay Sungmi, Woohyun-oppa is just shy, that's all."

Sungmi looked at Seulbi. "How do you know for sure? From my point of view he's just plain rude."

"Sungmi please...I don't want to 'cause a commotion here."

"I can't just stand by and let this guy get whatever he wants." Sungmi began to roll up her sleeves and faced Woohyun. "You definitely deserve this." She threw a swift punch at Woohyun, but he was able to catch her fist with his hand. When their hands touched, the beads on Woohyun's bracelet briefly glowed. At the same moment, Sungmi felt that her heart 'skipped a beat' from an emotion she has never felt before in her lifetime.