First Ticket

Kimchi and Ice Cream

Would this guy please leave me alone? I just want to dry off this blazer... Sungyeol pleaded inside. "I don't know what you're talking about."

The guy pouted. "But that's what they all say when there's actually something going on. I'm pretty good at physics, so you can't fool me that easily." He gave Sungyeol a quick glance. "And you don't seem to be the type of a bully."

His family warned the siblings to be super secretive regarding their unusual super powers. However, Sungyeol had a hunch that he won't be able to keep this guy from suspecting anything. Sungyeol also believed that the guy would probably spread the word around.

"Bathroom." Sungyeol placed his platter down, grabbed the blazer and left the cafeteria. Of course the guy would follow him. "I'll come along, I don't mind."

In the stall, Sungyeol stared at the blazer. He could try to remove the water particles from the fabric by hand. He had never done something like this before though, so it might take longer than he would like it to.

"Um, not to be intrusive, but are you all right in there hyung? I can go grab you some medicine if you want." The guy shouted into the washroom. Sungyeol could feel himself red with embarrassment. He had no idea where this guy came from and why he will not simply let Sungyeol go. You'd think he'd get the idea by now. Does he not have other friends? With great frustration, Sungyeol gave up with the blazer and stepped out of the bathroom.

"Why are you following me, uh, what's your name?" Sungyeol looked at the guy. 

"Sungjong, hyung! What's yours?" 

Why is he already calling me hyung? We're not even friends. Sungyeol thought. "I'm Sungyeol."

"Awesome name hyung - now can you tell me about the magic trick?" Sungjong pushed once again for an answer.

"No." Sungyeol tried to give a fake chuckle and turned around to leave. He was going to head back to the classroom to drop the blazer off to Myungsoo. Sometimes he wished had a better grasp of his powers so that it would actually have some use to him:

Hair needs to be dried in minutes? No problem!
Need to increase the humidity of the room? No problem!
Suddenly thirsty but no access to water? No problem!

Instead, all he can do is make water wobble in a cup. And even that is not perfectly smooth like a jelly jiggle.

"Aww come on hyung." Sungjong waddled behind him. "Tell me tell me..."


"That poor guy." Seulbi shook her head. "He's gonna have a hard time this year."

Sungmi started to worry about her brother. "It was only an accident..."

"I know, but we can't say anything about it or else we'd be banned from their concerts." Seulbi made a hush-gesture. "It's also best to avoid the guy too, so that we don't attract attention."

But that's my brother! Sungmi wanted to shout out. "Let's go get the tickets."

"Right." 

Even though the two girls were early for the lineup, there were over twenty people that were in line ahead of them. It seems like both guys were the vendors, with Myungsoo thanking each customer while Woohyun kept watch of the money box. When it was Seulbi's turn, Woohyun did a quick glare at Sungmi.

"Two tickets please!" Seulbi almost stuttered as she handed the money to Myungsoo. 

"Thanks Seulbi!" Myungsoo smiled and then looked at Sungmi. "You must be new to the school?"

Sungmi was surprised. "H-how did you know?"

Myungsoo winked. "We have a pretty good memory. Isn't that right Woohyun?" Woohyun sat up. 

Oh shoot! Sungmi suddenly remembered. Woohyun has seen me with my brother before. It appears that her fear had been detected by Woohyun who gave a slight grin. And why do I feel like I'm going to be blackmailed soon... Sungmi could feel that her burnt-meals operation was going down the trash bin. She tugged on Seulbi's shoulder. "Let's go."
 
When the girls left, Myungsoo turned to Woohyun and whispered, "It looked as if you were about to say something to the girl. That's a first! Do I finally get to see the almighty single Woohyun go after a girl?"

Woohyun lightly punched Myungsoo on the shoulder. "You wish."

"Hey, can't blame me for saying that!" Myungsoo nodded at the next fan who handed him money. "I never even seen you talk any girl apart from the crowd during our concerts."

"That's because there never was anyone interesting to talk to." Woohyun shrugged. "And of course I need to give some fan service during our concerts." 

"I'm sure you'll find the one soon." Myungsoo half-jokingly blurted out.