Woohyun's an Angel?

Kimchi and Ice Cream

After school was done on the first day, Sungyeol slouched back on his chair and took a deep sigh. If this was any way of an indication as to how the rest of the school year will go, he knew he would be expecting a very difficult time.

Sungyeol stood up. "Well, I guess it's time to find-" 

"Sungyeol-hyung!" Once again the familiar voice floated across the hallway. Sungyeol gave himself a shrug, wondering why he would even need to find Sungjong when he simply presents himself to him. Sungyeol lifted his hand to signal Sungjong to stop running towards him.

"I've got a favor to ask first."

Sungjong looked surprised. "Eh?"

Sungyeol explained how he was pulled into helping WM with the lighting for their concert on Wednesday and that he needed to know where the gym was before tomorrow's rehearsal. 

"The gym? It's this way." Sungjong pointed at one side of the hallway and led Sungyeol. "It doesn't seem to bad that you're doing just the lights. I've heard worse stories about what the two did to others."

With an eyebrow raised, Sungyeol asked, "Such as?" but Sungjong just shivered as a response. He moved in to talk quietly as they passed by other students around the corner. 

"This might seem far-fetched, but rumour has it that Woohyun's an angel." Sungjong made small flapping motions with his hands. "I tried to ask him about it as I didn't see it in person, but he's a bit intimidating. You know what I mean right? Though from what I saw during lunch today, it doesn't seem as impossible any more."

This raised suspicions from Sungyeol. "How did they come up with this rumour?" 

Sungjong looked around for a quiet corner so the two of them could sit down. "Apparently this happened at one of Woohyun's previous schools when he was younger. Story goes that he wanted to save someone falling from a tree so he flew to her in mid-air. Then something about how the girl was in shock and he went rampant on the school."

Flying? Sungyeol thought. Maybe he has special powers too?

Sungjong continued, "The Woohyun in these rumours sound completely different from the one this school knows though. Rumour-Woohyun's personality was much more outgoing and open apparently. This one's just like a walking tree that shoots glaring laser glances at people. Myungsoo has known Woohyun for a long time, so maybe he has some clues to solve this mystery."

"Any chance that you want to be some sort of Private Investigator in the future?" Sungyeol just had to say this and Sungjong blushed.

"Ah- I get told that often." Sungjong chuckled. "No, not really. But I guess it could be a backup job."

Moving back to the topic, Sungyeol asked. "Has anyone ever asked his past peers?"

"Here's the part where it gets strange. No one remembers him precisely, but they could recall bits and pieces. And they can all only remember the same information too. And since we're going the far-fetched route I might as well say that they are all brainwashed into thinking the same thing. Or you know, it actually happened."

Sungyeol was baffled. "Okay, now this is starting to sound like some sort of movie." 

"I know right?! Let's get moving, the gym is just outside over there." Sungjong pointed. 

"Thanks." 

Sungjong nodded. "So...what about the incident in the cafeteria again?"

Oh right, I said I would tell him. Sungyeol gave himself an invisible facepalm. "Actually it's something I can't tell to the public."

"That you're actually an angel too?!" Sungjong got his hopes up.

"No! Angels don't exist." Sungyeol retorted. "It's something normal people defined to give meaning to 'supernatural' events."

"Normal people?!" Sungjong was slightly offended by his facial expression.

"No-no not that I mean aish." Sungyeol was trying to explain without actually explaining. "You know, normal people."

"So you're abnormal?" Sungjong placed his words in air-quotes with his hands. "You're getting me confused now."

"Well I can't really do it on demand, nor can I control it very well." Sungyeol was scared of Sungjong's potential reaction.

Sungjong urged on. "Control what?"

"I-I can make water jiggle." Sungyeol did not like how that came out. 

"So you're a psychic?!" Sungjong was taken back.

"N-no. Not exactly. Psychics are people who have telekinesis."

"But you just said you can make water jiggle."

Sungyeol was panicking inside. "Yes, but no!"

"Hyung you're not making any sense." Sungjong frowned. "Are you just playing with me?"

"No I'm not!" Sungyeol was serious. He took out his waterbottle and gave it to Sungjong. He looked around to make sure no one else was looking at them - even the security cameras. "Okay hold still." Sungjong's face was filled with skepticism. 

Sungyeol took a deep breath and raised his hand toward the water bottle. He concentrated as much as he could, although it looked more as if he was constipated. Slowly a pea-sized water droplet lifted above the surface of the liquid for a few seconds before it fell back in. 

Well, here goes my quiet life at this school. Sungyeol's felt as if his heart dropped.