Two-Flavored Cake

Kimchi and Ice Cream

That wasn't supposed to happen. Woohyun heavily dropped onto the couch as he felt another feeling that has arisen from the bracelet being temporarily disabled. His eyes were getting watery from what Seulbi had just said. He realized how hard it was for him to reveal who he really was even when he was able to fully express it. 

"I completely messed it up." His hands covered his face. "My only one chance in four years and I messed it up."

Unaware that his emotions were getting increasingly stronger, his powers started to activate and create a flowing air current. 

Meanwhile, Sungmi was alone in the apartment. She was getting the third room ready for its occupant with a set of blankets and pillows. Then as if on cue, her heart told her to be worried about Woohyun. 

"Why do I keep feeling like this lately? Ever since I tried to punch him..." Sungmi leaned on the wall. The uneasy feeling grew and Sungmi couldn't shake it off. 

"Oh please, what do I have to do to get this to stop? It's his birthday today, so why would I need to worry about it? Seulbi's probably spending time with him." Sungmi couldn't think of anything other than to just go see Woohyun to reaffirm he's okay. Besides, he lived on the same floor as them. She grabbed her phone and slipped on a pair of shoes. "Ugh, this will be quick."

Woohyun was hesitant in calling back Myungsoo. It would be embarrassing to ask him to come back after such a short amount of time. Even though they have been friends for a long time, sometimes words just hurt when they come from someone close to you.

A brisk knock sounded from the main door. Woohyun got up in shock, wondering if it was Seulbi coming back. He didn't even have time to wipe his tears when he reached for the handle. 

"Seulbi I-" Woohyun spoke immediately as he opened the door. What, it's Sungmi?!

Sungmi had a skeptical look on her face as she looked into Woohyun's eyes. "Were you crying?"

"No I was cutting onions." Woohyun wiped his tears away.

"Whoa, you talked." Sungmi tried to look inside Woohyun's apartment and noticed the cake. "Did Seulbi leave?"

The bracelet did this, didn't it... Woohyun tried to close the door on Sungmi but she caught it open with her foot. 

"Hey, that's not a nice way to welcome guests." Sungmi barged in and opened the cake. "It's not even cut yet! What did you do to Seulbi?" 

"We didn't even do anything yet!" Woohyun snatched the cake from Sungmi's hands. 

"Why are you so talkative today? And here I was getting worried about yo-" Sungmi slapped and took the cake back. "And give me the cake. I helped get Seulbi get this."

"Hey no, this was a gift." Woohyun took it back.

Something was unusual about Woohyun and Sungmi crossed her arms. "Are you usually like this in your own home?"

"No, not really." Woohyun looked at the cake. "Not every day is my birthday."

"Where's your friend Myungsoo?" Sungmi continued to look around. Wow the living room looks like a twister came by.

"He'd just be a third wheel if he was here when I invited Seulbi."

"Right right." Sungmi sighed awkwardly. "Well, although I can probably eat that entire cake by myself, I guess we can share it since it IS your birthday."

"Not if I can eat it all before you." Woohyun grabbed some plates from the dishwasher.

He seems like he can be cute sometimes... Sungmi lightly blushed at the thought. "You know, if you're more like this at school you'd probably get more popular."

"Any more popular and I'll have fans stalking where I live." Woohyun joked and looked at Sungmi. "One is already enough."

Sungmi pointed at herself. "Please don't say that it's me. I just live next door."

"That's what they all say. Heh." Woohyun unboxed the cake. 

Is he teasing me? Sungmi thought. Her heart was at ease so she wanted to leave after eating the cake, but for now being in his company didn't feel too bad. 

"Huh, this cake has two flavors." Woohyun analyzed the dessert in front of him. It was a pretty small cake - around 4 inches in diameter. "Which part do you prefer?"

"I like both."

"I do too." He sliced it in a way that the two of them could sample each flavor. 

Sungmi recalled the discussion she had with Sungyeol regarding Woohyun's past. Indeed the current Woohyun had a closer match to the rumour-Woohyun. Perhaps this was a good time to dive into it? "I'm sure you've heard about the rumours that they have about you at school."

Woohyun helped himself to a bite of the cake. "Hrm, yeah. I don't think too much about them."

"If it isn't true why don't you just say so?" Sungmi questioned.

"People will still talk about it whatever my stance is. Besides, it's not completely false."

"So you can fly?!" Even in the realm of powers, flight was quite a rare sight. 

"What?! That's what you got out of that?" Woohyun almost choked on the cake. "Girls are sure gullible."

"Well from where I'm from, it doesn't sound so far-fetched." Sungmi mumbled while chewing.

"Besides, if I'm like Superman, there would probably be news of a flying human saving things all the time." Woohyun flapped his arms like wings.

"He'd be a lot cooler than you." Sungmi laughed. 

Ouch that hurt... Woohyun was taken back. 

After they finished the cake, Sungmi expected herself to take it as an exit excuse. Her brother was supposed to be back soon anyway. However, she felt that she wanted to stay with Woohyun alone for a little longer. The inner conflict had begun to confuse her. Woohyun also wanted her to stay but he hesitated to say anything.

Just then Sungmi's cellphone gave off a text notification. "We'll be a little late. Sungjong forgot to pack something at his place ._."

Sungmi's heart urged her to turn and look at Woohyun. "Y-you wouldn't mind if I stayed for a few more hours, right?"