Water Cups

Kimchi and Ice Cream

Sungmi could not tell for her life whether or not Woohyun was making her life hard on purpose. Whenever the teacher asked students pass the papers to the student behind you, Woohyun wouldn't bother handing it to her. He would simply leave it behind his chair for Sungmi to pick it up. During break, Sungmi pulled Seulbi over to talk. 

"Do you want to join our club?" Seulbi asked excitedly.

Sungmi pointed at Woohyun's desk. "Does this guy act like a douchebag all the time?"

Seulbi tilted her head. "He isn't a douchebag - his attitude is what's attractive! It's like you can never get close to him like an angel! You should really see him in a concert outfit. He really looks like one!"

"Uh..." Sungmi had shivers up her spine. "Is the other guy any better?"

"Myungsoo? He's much more talkative than Woohyun. Maybe you'll like him more!" 

Sungmi believed that Seulbi was a genuinely nice girl to be friends with. "When do they have their concerts?"

Seulbi pulled out her phone. "They usually have one every other week. Oh! Speaking of phones want to exchange numbers?" Sungmi agreed. "I think the first concert is this Wednesday at 7pm in the gym. Tickets go on sale staring at lunch today!"

"Wait wait. We have to pay to see them?!" Sungmi started to look skeptical as if she was being pulled into a scam of some sort. 

"First one's my treat!" Seulbi winked. "As long as we line up early at lunch we should be able to get tickets."


The cafeteria had two floors. The top floor was an extra seating area, but ticket sales were held there as well. Sungyeol always had a bigger appetite than his sister. When he reached the front of the line for the food, he froze in confusion. Behind the counter was Sunggyu with a funny chef hat serving the daily menu. He had a big grin on his face.

"Hi Sungyeol! How's the first day here?" Sunggyu was piling his plate with meat. 

"Wu-why are you here?!" Sungyeol managed to speak out.

"I do a bunch of occupations. Serving lunches at this particular school is one of them." Sunggyu passed the overflowing plate to Sungyeol. "No time to talk now though, there's a big line behind you. I'll see you again soon!"

Soon?! Sungyeol walked over to pick up two cups of water. Carefully trying to avoid spilling any of the contents on his platter, he approached the stairs. Myungsoo passed by Sungyeol at the most unfortunate time - for Sungyeol. He wasn't able to hold his sneeze in and one of the cup's contents flew onto the back of Myungsoo, soaking his blazer. Girly gasps surrounded the stairs and a crowd naturally circled around. Myungsoo slowly turned around.

"Are you serious?" Myungsoo was annoyed. 

Sungyeol couldn't speak and it made him look as if he was ignoring the question. Myungsoo took his blazer off and placed it on top of Sungyeol. He then whispered into Sungyeol's ear "You have until the end of lunch time to dry this up. If you manage to do that, I won't make a big fuss about it. If you don't? Well, good luck to the rest of your school year." Myungsoo walked away and the crowd followed him.

At times like this Sungyeol wished that his sister didn't have the restriction bracelet. She would have been able to evaporate the water in a few seconds.

In fact, his sister and Seulbi were there at the scene. Sungmi had a little internal conflict because she didn't want to stand out as the culprit's sister should the others decide to reject her from the group. The other half of her wished that she was able to yell straight at Myungsoo's face for shaming her brother in front of others. 

"Let's go Sungmi! The line's going to get long!" Seulbi pushed her along into the crowd. Sungmi looked back at where her brother was standing, but continued moving forward.

Sungyeol moved to the side and noticed that a younger student (perhaps a year younger?) came towards him. 

"How did you do it, hyung?" He asked with wonder.

Sungyeol looked back at him with an unintentional cold stare. "I'm sorry?"

"That wasn't physically possible to have water hit his coat at that angle!" The guy whispered with excitement. "Was it a magic trick of some sort?"

Was Sungyeol's super power going to be exposed on the first day at the new school because of this guy?