Moving In

Kimchi and Ice Cream

Sungmi looked at her new key-pass to their new apartment in Gangnam. "Yeolli, why don't we have these at our parent's home? This is an ingenious idea!" The elevator was filled with their suitcases. 

Sungyeol was cleaning his glasses. "I don't think their house can support this technology. Omoni keeps breaking the doors down anyway."

"And why did they decide on giving us an apartment with THREE bedrooms and expecting us to lease it out so we could learn to better socialize with others?!" Sungmi raised her arms into the air. "I'm perfectly fine making friends."

Sungyeol recalled why they had to move to a new school. Sungmi almost set the whole gym on fire on the last day they were there because of a girl cat fight. Sungmi raged because the opposing team on the volleyball court cheated in some way. Their parents had to clean up their mess by making wild explanations of how volleyballs could suddenly combusted. From that day on, Sungmi had to wear a bracelet which prevented her powers from manifesting. The only way she could remove it is when Sungyeol gains proficiency in his own power and unlocks the bracelet. 

Although Sungyeol is a few months older than Sungmi, he can't even move a teaspoon of water across the table without spilling three quarters of the content along the way. His parents believe that the problem lies in psychological factors. Meanwhile, Sungmi could probably set the whole city on fire if she wanted to. If Sungmi was beaming like the bright sun, Sungyeol's soul reflected the delicate moon. 

"We don't technically have to rent it out if we can't find someone who we trust." Sungyeol pointed out.

"But it's fun to mess with the minds of regular people." Sungmi stuck out her tongue. "And please don't tell me you're going to wear those glasses to our new school. You gotta work on that self-confidence."

Sungyeol didn't need to wear glasses, but it made him more comfortable in a social environment. Because of his lack of self-confidence, he takes a long time thinking up answers which results in him appearing to act cool and quiet. Because of his height, he stands out from the other students so people notice him more. He sometimes tries to practice manipulating water in the bathroom sinks, but it appears to look like he's doing cool gestures.

The elevator arrived on the seventh floor. When the doors opened, the siblings saw a guy waiting in front of it. He was wearing headphones and casual clothing, chewing gum and bobbing his head a little. Noticing that the two needed to move all their luggage out of the elevator, he held the button. 

"Thanks!" Sungmi hustled out. 

The guy just kept chewing and went in without a word after they finished moving the luggage. 

"Are they all going to be like this in the neighbourhood?" Sungmi sighed. She is pretty quick in categorizing people depending on first impressions. 

"I'll bet you 5000 Won that he's going to appear at our new school." Sungyeol suggested. 

"That's so cliché." Sungmi pointed out. "You're on."

The apartment had two floors. The second floor housed the three bedroom, while the bathroom, kitchen and living area were on the main floor.

"Where's the rice cooker?" Sungmi browsed the kitchen. "Did Umma not pack it?"

"Probably." Sungyeol shrugged. "She always forgets important stuff the most." He noticed a small letter in one of the luggages:

I booked a uniform fitting session this Saturday at 3PM for you guys. The address is on the business card below

"This Saturday? I wanted to go explore the city and she arranges it at prime time!" Sungmi fumed. Even though her powers were restrained, Sungyeol could feel the air temperature rising. 

"It'll be quick. It's probably near popular shops." Sungyeol tried to calm his sister down with a drink as he tried to filter the tap water with his powers. It wasn't long before water started spraying everywhere and drenched his shirt. "Ugh..."

"I can already tell that this is going to be a long year." Sungmi flicked the note away.